Jason Derulo

4.3

Review this album

1. Jan 7, 2016
    this album it's noisy, it's a Electropop/R&B album with a lot of samples. I think that Derulo for this album misuse too many samples, the perfect example it's "Love Hangover" a horrible pop track where he samples "Who can it be Now". n this album there are only 9 tracks, however there are good songs, like "In My Head", a really good 'synth rock' song, very original, but also bad songsthis album it's noisy, it's a Electropop/R&B album with a lot of samples. I think that Derulo for this album misuse too many samples, the perfect example it's "Love Hangover" a horrible pop track where he samples "Who can it be Now". n this album there are only 9 tracks, however there are good songs, like "In My Head", a really good 'synth rock' song, very original, but also bad songs like "Fallen" and "Blind" where he try to made R&B, but he fail. Generally there are few tracks, with a lot of bad samples, but some songs are original and good, i give 4 to this album because i wanna be kind Expand
  2. Oct 21, 2010
    I think Jason Derülo has the ability to write decent songs and dance well. On this album, he showcases that he is comfortable with singing lots of genres. Despite some superfluous amounts of Auto-Tune, Jason Derülo can still sing.

1. As a performer, the smooth Derulo--made even smoother by Auto-Tune--delivers it all so effortlessly that none of that persuasive debut hunger comes through, making this stylish and short set one to admire rather than advocate.
  2. This is music that rings shrilly with a deafening hollowness, an unashamed fakery akin to a dream-state where fantasy and reality have become mixed and hopelessly muddied.
  3. Derulo's desperation to cover all commercial bases is only matched by an inability to stamp his own personality on them.