Just Push Play - Aerosmith
7.8

Review this album

1. Jun 4, 2014
    I thought this was a very good rock album, much better than the stuff done by this band since their return to popularity way back in the late 1980's. It's funny, I think the band has one view of themselves (masters of rock) and listeners have another view (that they are sometimes masters of rock) but since they have done quite a few appearances in movies going back to the Wayne's World eraI thought this was a very good rock album, much better than the stuff done by this band since their return to popularity way back in the late 1980's. It's funny, I think the band has one view of themselves (masters of rock) and listeners have another view (that they are sometimes masters of rock) but since they have done quite a few appearances in movies going back to the Wayne's World era they are characterized by the media as kind of as a nerd band when I think they are capable of shaking the foundations of a place-if they are trying and they seem to be trying on this album. If ya haven't heard it you should give it a spin. Expand

1. Sure, there's the occasional melodramatic interlude (despite its lyrical cliches, "Luv Lies" has the potency to be another "Angel"-size smash). But there's also more white-knuckled hard-rock intensity here than on the band's most recent efforts.
  2. Much of the 'Smith's music is reassuringly familiar, barely changed over their previous 12 albums, a mix of loose-jointed Stones raunch and vast power ballads impressive enough to bring out the 40-something in all of us.
  3. The band’s most energetic record since 1993’s Get A Grip.