• Record Label: Jive
8.0

Review this album

1. PaulH
    Nov 21, 2002
    This album has obvious influences from James Brown in Senorita and Michael Jackson in tracks such as like i love you and although he lacks their character- with such good production and an appealing voice the album is one of the best of the year.
  2. RosalindW
    Mar 27, 2003
    One of the best dance/relax/contemplative CD's of last year. I bought it for my daughter and steal it from her every chance I get. My only question is, now that Justin has been able to branch out into the realm of music that he really likes, will he be content to do 'NSYNC music again?
  3. RyanF
    Nov 16, 2002
    The first solo effort of frontman NSYNCer Justin Timberlake is bland and monotonous. Only a few tracks from Justified have driving hooks that can have you at the edge of your seats and the tracks are all about a girl, a girl and another girl. There's this girl who just got laid off from Let's Take A Ride. He likes this girl in Señorita and Like I Love You. She despises a The first solo effort of frontman NSYNCer Justin Timberlake is bland and monotonous. Only a few tracks from Justified have driving hooks that can have you at the edge of your seats and the tracks are all about a girl, a girl and another girl. There's this girl who just got laid off from Let's Take A Ride. He likes this girl in Señorita and Like I Love You. She despises a girl in Never Again and Cry Me A River. One would wonder if this certain girl is his ex-girlfriend Britney Spears -- but clearly a good publicity stunt for more hype. But too much talk about girls makes it really sickening. There are some tracks that are really good and not just like Michael Jackson rip-offs. Never Again is an amazing composition with Brian McKnight that possessed passion and emotions that other tracks didn't have. Justified couldn't be really called personal as to Christina Aguilera's Stripped. Rather, it's a clear call of Justin Timberlake's to all the homies and girls out there to buy his album and make the big record company happy, very happy. Dull and plain. The Timbaland tracks are worth listening because of the erratic beats they incorporated to Justin?s poor whinings and crotch-squeezing squeals. Some N.E.R.D. tracks are worthy as well but with 7 tracks written by the pair, it gets satiating with unusually common beats from them. I can't say that Justin Timberlake is a great soloist because this album doesn't really deliver any passion and impact. But he's still a great musician that should stay away from Michael Jackson impersonations. Expand
  4. JanHammer
    Oct 5, 2003
    0 for 0 talent. I've been in the music business for years and cannot stomach this trash.
  5. DaveC
    Jul 16, 2003
    You can't justify crap.
  6. JanetJ
    Dec 10, 2004
    this is good CD but if it was with his old band it would be a better CD
  7. annp
    Feb 28, 2004
    Loved Cry Me A River and a couple other songs but Still On My Brain,Seniorita,and She Said Take Me Now suck.
  8. [anonymous]
    Nov 10, 2002
    nono
  9. MikeS
    Jan 19, 2003
    more manufactured pop garbage. This is the kind of music that keeps the *real* musicians from getting airtime or publicity.
  10. trayg
    Feb 13, 2003
    he sucks he sounds like he's bout ready to hurk up a antalope or somthing i mean most of the songs sound like play writings......i give it a 1 try again there jjt or whatever your name is .......but atleast he got sumthin from britney.
  11. DavidJ
    Apr 29, 2004
    i personaly think that this cd is the best cd i have heard ever
  12. NickH.
    May 18, 2007
    Once a pussy always a pussy. He couldn't even pass for a thug in a convalescent home. He's a sexy as the cast of the Office.
  13. Elliott
    Dec 15, 2002
    This album is just a pimped-out, super-sexy N'Sync album minus the other members. Take away the ultra-slick production work here and you have virtually nothing. This album belongs more to the Neptunes and Timbaland than Mr. Timberlake.
  14. GabeT
    Nov 11, 2002
    Surprisingly, while all comparisons are being made to Michael Jackson, Timbalake resembles another, different pop icon, his ex, Britney Spears. His only problem is unlike her music, his is less sexual and more bravado. And accompanied by his ridiculous affemnate falsetto, it is a jarring contrast that fails to make an imprint.
  15. JaviM
    Nov 26, 2002
    OH NO, another Michael Jackson, no please!
  16. Krystal
    Dec 3, 2002
    I love this album from start to finish with "Take It From Here" being my favorite single on the disc.
  17. karinal
    Dec 2, 2002
    i think it's a really cool album, and justin is an incredible artist. i like him so much, and my favorite song is cry me a river.
  18. Monica.
    Mar 26, 2003
    My god I just love this cd. All the numbers are just great, good work!!
  19. AlexE
    Apr 22, 2003
    it is a 10 he needs to work with The Neptunes again!
  20. DaveP
    Aug 22, 2003
    I give it a 9! I can dance to it. Justin Timbaland rules!
  21. Queen17
    Nov 20, 2002
    It does have the same vibes throughout the disc! :( Never Again is fine as wellas Cry Me A River. I think Like I Love You is going to be the only big hit in the album... none of them really has hit potentials.
  22. JoShUaN
    Nov 29, 2002
    very creative, he has probably the best talent and he knows how to use it. justin is my idol and i look up to him, i dont think that any thing that he does is bad, and with album just proves that hes got it and will always be #1
  23. ChrisL
    Nov 8, 2002
    Hey!!!!!!!!!!! I soo love his new cd! I give it a 10! I give him props for his song "Senorita", good job jt! Now you know you got TALENT!
  24. carend
    Nov 9, 2002
    it is super good... i am in Love w/ it :)
  25. sanjap
    Jan 10, 2003
    never been a boy-band fan. justin impresses. respect. respect. cry me a river is to be listened to many many times.
  26. DanaD
    Feb 24, 2003
    The best songs have already been released (Like I Love You and Cry Me A River), but there are still a few other songs (Seniorita and Right for Me) that will keep the popularity of this CD going. Plus, there's such a mix of sounds on this CD, you can't help but listen to it all the way through and appreciate Justin's sound.
  27. Jen
    Jun 12, 2003
    If the album were called "A Neptunes and Timbaland Compilation Album" I may have given it a higher rating. But since the album is falsely called "Justified", when it is clearly not the work of Mr. Timberlake that makes this a pretty good pop record, I can't help but give it a 4. The production (especially on "Cry Me a River") is joyfully entertaining. It's too bad the lyrics are If the album were called "A Neptunes and Timbaland Compilation Album" I may have given it a higher rating. But since the album is falsely called "Justified", when it is clearly not the work of Mr. Timberlake that makes this a pretty good pop record, I can't help but give it a 4. The production (especially on "Cry Me a River") is joyfully entertaining. It's too bad the lyrics are laughably terrible. Yet again pop music provides us with more style and very very....veeerrry little substance. Expand
  28. KRISTINAA
    Jan 15, 2004
    justin is the number one talented singer. he has such a wonderful voice, it makes me wanna take my temperature. he is sooooo hot!
  29. KWest
    Mar 23, 2005
    jT once a typical boy band no beat boy, has struck us all by storm! Producers such as the infamous 'Neptunes' and 'Timbaland' create something a little urban/funk for jT. Totally different but it works! As it is his first solo album, people need 2 give it a chance! Beats, Lyrics and the Flow are immense! Whatta Cracker!!!
  30. JessicaS
    Nov 12, 2002
    Justin has a great voice! He shouldnt be compared to anyone..because i dont think anyone can do as well as he did on his new album...
  31. shaunas
    Nov 12, 2002
    Great all around album
  32. LauraH
    Nov 13, 2002
    it's a new him...awesome cd
  33. Kelly
    AWESOME AND HOT!
  34. cariw
    Nov 19, 2002
    its very good i love it
  35. CharlotteG
    Nov 22, 2002
    This album is soooo good. I recomend people watch the vid too. Anyone who can move that well out of the bedroom, well.......
  36. AmandaM
    Nov 27, 2002
    He is soooooooooo hot.
  37. MICHELLEJ
    Nov 9, 2002
    This is an excellent cd.
  38. MargaritaQueteimporta?
    Nov 9, 2002
    One of the best Pop Albums I've heard in a long time. Naysayers should really give it a shot. Come Grammy time, let's hope Justin Timberlake (and, really, to give credit where credit is due, Timbaland) is among the nominees. He'll deserve to win.
  39. danielm
    Dec 18, 2002
    Brilliant throughout a good variety of slow and fast paced tunes just one or two more song's would have made it even better. A solid album with good work from neptunes and timberland. near excellent album.
  40. AdrianaV
    Jan 11, 2003
    I think Justin really did a very good job on this album, it is very creative and different from the Nsync albums. If you hear it very well it is not strait pop like everybody says , is a mixture of pop, R&B, rap, Hip- Hop and other. Definately Justin Rocks!
  41. MimiP
    Jan 17, 2003
    Off the chain. This album is BRILLIANT!! There is such a different vibe on this album, than nsync. Its brilliant. Timbaland rocks. Most of y'all probably never heard of him before. Don't hate!!
  42. CurtisE
    Dec 30, 2003
    Finally some pop music that is good! Smart move by justin for taking the V.A. route.
  43. KortneyJ
    Jan 31, 2004
    This is on of the best cd's ever! I love every song on this cd! My favorite song on this cd is ''Cry Me A River. How can you not like this cd? I know you love Britney Spears!
  44. MeghanS
    Nov 11, 2002
    This album is proof that music is therapy. There is so much adventure in this album, you have no idea what you'll hear next. All in all, I'm very impressed. Very tight CD.
  45. stephaniem
    Nov 13, 2002
    very unique with both upbeat pop, and mellow styles... in my opinion... excellent
  46. Cj
    Nov 17, 2002
    This album is AWESOME! And Justin looks SOOOOOOOOO HOTTTTT! He always looks hott! Justin, i luv ya! I honestly love this album and i appreciate all of the hard work and effort u put in2 it! Keep up the good work.
  47. RickR
    Nov 23, 2002
    Did you see his ass....Damn.....get rid of those n'suckers. I was just listening to this album and i think that i just justified my pants.
  48. Joe
    Dec 16, 2002
    I just heard this album from front to back and I have to say that I'm pretty impressed. I have never been an NSYNC fan or cared for boy band artists trying to make it solo before, but after giving this album a good listen I felt like I was witness to the birth of a major solo career. I know that much of the success of this album is due to the savvy style and ear of the production I just heard this album from front to back and I have to say that I'm pretty impressed. I have never been an NSYNC fan or cared for boy band artists trying to make it solo before, but after giving this album a good listen I felt like I was witness to the birth of a major solo career. I know that much of the success of this album is due to the savvy style and ear of the production talent, but Justin Timberlake's vocals and musical contributions can't be overlooked. He has strong references in his voice to Stevie Wonder and obviously Michael Jackson, without sounding like a Vegas impersonator. He also, unlike Michael Jackson, has a raw and natural sexuality that comes through on several tracks.Very few white male performers have this quality without coming off studied and self conscious. It's basically that "IT" factor that you can't really define. The best track for my money is "Cry Me A River" which is a powerful romantic revenge-filled piece with a hip hop flavor kind of song. It approaches an operatic tone that just haunts you even after one listen. I noticed several reviewers just writing this album off,and I have to ask them, "Did they even give it a listen"? Some of the criticism is about the lyrics being simple and immature. But what else would a young man write about given his background. Is he supposed to sing about living in the ghetto and pretend he's Vanilla Ice? This is still pop music people with a chocolaty outer shell. Justin Timberlake is just 21 and if this is his starting point as a solo artist, then I can't wait to see how his career and music unfolds in the years to come. He's a natural. Expand
  49. *~*Jen*~*G
    Dec 22, 2002
    I could never get tired of listening to Justin! Hes got the moves, looks, and hes creative! =O) His album is def great... ha, even my guy friends admit they like his music too! =P
  50. May 23, 2011
    Justified proved to be a strong first solo effort from N'Sync front boy Justin Timberlake. And while loaded with sure-fire hits (and some very memorable), as an album it sounds repetitive.
  51. Nov 14, 2013
    A decent first effort from the ex-N*Sync'er. Justin proves his commercial appeal especially in the second single, "Cry me a river", which is an letter to ex-girlfriend Britney Spears.
  52. May 4, 2015
    Maravilhoso uma marco na carreira do Justin timberlake rei do pop e parão do bruno mars dono de mim dono do mundo eu te amo mais que tudo amor hahaha beijos
  53. Feb 8, 2015
    A good album of Justin Timberlake. Done with delicacy, good production by Pharrell Williams and with a good voice of the lead vocalist. There's a good progression in the material of the album, but sometimes there're some songs that are too slow or quiet. After all it's a good start that deserves some high marks.
  54. May 4, 2015
    lindo chorei horrrores com a atuação da rainha teen mais conehcida como selena mary gomez né amor agora vamos la querida voce arrasa na cara da miley cyus vc pisa na ariana grande e exculaxa a demi quem? demi who?
  55. May 4, 2015
    JT's best album so far hands down and better than part 1 without any doubts .
    Give me what i dont know Murder True Blood Amnesia are the kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
  56. May 4, 2015
    whtfllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

1. There's so little substance here, it's difficult to engage with the record or its creator.
  2. He's an even limper pastiche of [Michael] Jackson than Jackson himself. [Jan 2003, p.123]
  3. A cohesive and fairly lean work, especially compared with 'N Sync's last two albums.