Kasabian - Kasabian
8.1

Review this album

1. Aug 25, 2010
    Any album that starts with songs anywhere near the quality of "Club Foot" and "Processed Beats" should be considered one of the greats. This is a brilliant album by one hell of a band, and should be treated as such. Oasis: The new Beatles. Kasabian: The new Oasis. It goes to show, in times of great musical despair, times where the untalented but able to make a fashion statement types top the charts, there is still those of us out there who realise what's really good music when we hear it, and have since made Kasabian one of the U.K's biggest Alternative bands.
    9/10. Why? Because, although containing some of the greatest songs by this band (who are my favourite band, if anyone is wondering) there are some slightly lower quality songs. This wouldn't be a problem, but where the better songs are so great, the not-as-great songs seem to suffer.
  2. Feb 6, 2014
    Genre: Rock
    A superbly confident debut album that brings something a little bit different to the genre. There is a reason this rock band are still selling out arena's and headlining festivals a decade on.
  3. Jul 5, 2012
    Kasabian are one of those bands I feel deserve a lot of credit for experminenting and being ambitious with their psychadelic rock sound. The best thing about them is if you stripped away the trickery and peeled away the layers, they do write really really good songs. Strangely enough, Kasabian's debut album was the last one that I listened to. I bought Empire and liked it but only when I got Velocoraptor and was really impressed that I went back through their albums again. Their debut is an excellent record, not perfect but they have a unique sound and the record shows plenty of ambition. Of course Clubfoot, still their most recognisable tune, is the standout track, but there is so much to like throughout this album. Expand
  4. Jan 14, 2012
    The Primal Scream wannabe tried their at the debut, well.... it done darn good job

1. Such are the highs, the weaker material suffers by comparison. [Sep 2004, p.111]
  2. Sure this album may well sound awesome if you’ve just snorted a metre of charlie or recently breakfasted from a menu of ‘shrooms and LSD, but for sober ears it’s enough to drive anyone to drugs.
  3. This is how the Stone Roses' Second Coming could have - should have - sounded.