Kill - Electric Six
8.3

Review this album

1. Sep 29, 2012
    Perhaps their best album. Consistent and solid tracks. Their videos are still consistently bad having a budget of all about $100 or maybe it's not that much. I think this album is a new high for the band. I'm disappointed by their next two albums but I live in hope that they can again reach these heights in the future.

1. This darker, heavier tone makes the majority of Kill less of a party than "Fire" or "I Shall Exterminate Everything Around Me That Restricts Me from Being the Master," but splendidly, Dance Commander rears his head to make demands like "Shake that tambourine/Shake that shaking machine!" in 'Egyptian Cowboy' and encourages mass consumption in the splendid 'Body Shot,' which devolves from a grunge-disco jam into a wonderful, dubbed-out frenzy.
  2. While the album lacks a certain degree of accessibility and thematic coherence, Electric Six's wiseass humor and, moreover, their superior technical skill make Kill an energetic, frenzied party of a record.
    E6 can't quite keep it up throughout, though they still sound delighted to mess with sounds both full-throttle ('You're Bored') and loungey ('My Idea of Fun').