8.0

Review this album

1. Oct 26, 2010
    Simply put: This is a great album. Loved the mix of indie punk and psychedelic influences along with songs about boredom, smoking weed and betrayal. I'm sick I missed these guys at SXSW earlier this year. Loved the snarling "Post-Acid", "Green Eyes" and the hilariously vengeful "Idiot" in particular but they all stand out really.

I still find myself listening to this album all the time.
    Nathan Williams' snotty, venom drenched lyrics coupled with occasional dream-like melodies set the bar for these guys, but I'm sure they'll easily surpass it. Collapse
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    This is one of my favorite albums of all time. There isn't a lot of music like this, and that's why I love it. Wavves nearly perfected this albums, with its different sounds and feelings. Indie meets punk meets surf rock meets lo-fi. My favorite tracks are "green eyes," "Linus Spacehead," and "take on the world." 2 thumbs up from me

1. Dec 20, 2010
    It's half-baked as well, never distinguishing itself from other rock & roll throwbacks.
  2. If the career plan was to go to the lowest of lows before releasing an album of resurrection and real substance, he ought to be applauded for conducting the whole stunt to perfection.
  3. One knock-on effect of going professional is that you can now hear the music clearly and properly, and it turns out that Mr. Williams isn't exactly a Mozart in the songwriting stakes.