King - T.I.
8.4

Review this album

1. Jul 8, 2013
    King is something that hip hop has never heard before. It's never been attempted by any other artist, yet T.I. has perfected it and has hit the game with an instant classic. The all time great artist is at the top of his game in the all time great album King. His unmatched lyrical ability and wordplay is on full display in this one. The sound and production in this album is a bigKing is something that hip hop has never heard before. It's never been attempted by any other artist, yet T.I. has perfected it and has hit the game with an instant classic. The all time great artist is at the top of his game in the all time great album King. His unmatched lyrical ability and wordplay is on full display in this one. The sound and production in this album is a big contribution to what makes this an all time great and is the biggest stand out element in it. The features fit right in with the sound and theme of each individual song throughout. I didn't detect a single weak point in the entire album. The only ones that hate on this album, are people who know that they can't deny his proclomation of being King, in this album and throughout the course of his career. King is one of the greatest classics in the history of hip hop and will remain that way as long as it shall live. Expand

1. T.I.'s fourth album isn't the leap forward he's been threatening to make, but it does carry the best set of productions he has been given to work with, and it guarantees that he won't be leaving the singles charts any time soon.
  2. Here, T.I. shows he can still dominate a song given quality production (Just Blaze, DJ Toomp), but the album does little to build on what we have heard before. [1 Apr 2006]
  3. The disc is all over the map, moving from booming dance cuts to gangsta fare, but it satisfies with crunk-tacular gems like "What You Know."