7.0

Review this album

1. Sep 11, 2010
    The best KoRn album since... wait... which one was their last one? Oh, whatever, this album was **** amazing from start to finish. This band, and album are definitely in my top ten of all metal bands and albums in the history of forever. I would recommend this to anyone who likes the KoRn, any album that you have been listening to for the last six years begging for a new one.
  2. Dec 7, 2011
    Awesome ! That's what i can say about this album. **** good instrumental and amazing vocal. I cant stop listing to it. One of the best present what i got ever on Christmas
  3. Aug 21, 2010
    Apathetic, dull and flat out ....well flat. Where is the band that sounded like they wanted to snap your neck, burn a house and gta your car? True founds will find the snippets here that are good but it's not an album for anyone that hasn't heard this band before. I've never been a big fan of bands taking too much time in between albums but I think that is what this crew needs.
  4. Dec 6, 2011
    After hearing "Oildale (Leave Me Alone), my expectations grew huge. I liked the previous album much, so the first single off "Korn III" gave me the view the band is going to give their fans something unforgettable. Unfortunately, where my delight had started, it's also where it ended. Two first tracks gave me the feeling of truly getting back to Korn's roots - well, I don't enjoy such promises myself, as I think the band should evolve in time, like its members do. But this time Korn didn't go forward at all, and even made a small step backwards. The more I tried to empathize with the music presented on "Korn III", the more I was disappointed. I gave it another try, and another, though after a several hearings, I still can call a good song no more than three or four of them. Band's mania about going oldchool again made them simplify their music, not beckon their roots. The album is well produced as it comes to sound quality, but here it ends. The new drummer is also a kind of improvement to the band, as his amazing skills are frequently heard over the new songs. A great disappointment upon the vocals and lyrics result from Jonathan Davis' exhaustion or just lack of new ideas. Emotions included in songs are far from being real, that's quite a shame, as I considered Jonathan's ability of including them into his singing as near to perfect. Not this time, sadly. The last thing, is album's dullness - as it contains great moments, one of the darkest in the band's history ("Are You Ready to Live?", "Trapped Underneath the Stairs"), most of the songs are boring and incredibly fake. Expand
  5. Jul 7, 2011
    ANOTHER 'return to the aggressive roots' for Korn.
    This time with Ross Robinson who laid the foundations for Korns image and success.
    It is done so very successfully. BUT it is apparent for the first time how much Korn miss their lead guitarist.
    With Korn being stripped of all pro tools and effects and laid bare to just old school recording. its Korn being Korn once again. Hallelujah!
    Right? Yes, definitely, this album is a pounder.
    While Ray Luzier came in as full time drummer instead of touring drummer, he had alot of ground to cover to give korn their original sound and did so with absolute resounding success.
    Jonathan is lyrically weak and amateur. But the simplicity of all aspects of this make it such a charming album. The lead of track uber time is a waste of recording space. But the album itself is a far more impressive effort than the last 3 albums and is so much more than an aging band attempting to reach their former glory. But essentially doing what the title indicates. They are remembering who they are.
    And as a result the album delivers a few memorable rib rattling songs and a few slow and heavy tracks that make you marvel at how they could have strayed so far from the formula that made them so big in the first place. Amen for Ross Robinson!
  6. Feb 20, 2012
    Perhaps a prime example of too little, too late. Korn returns to what they know best, but the lack of authenticity shows. However, tracks like 'Oildale' and especially the great 'Let the Guilt Go' show the band can still pump out a couple of brilliant tracks among the murky filler that has plagued their later releases.
  7. Mar 5, 2013
    Years pass and you will observe how the world changes. Everything around us varies somewhat at some point: friends, family, society, etc. physical environment. However, there is almost always something that goes unnoticed. Self also changes. Sometimes for the better, others worse, but rarely we realize our evolution as a people. Probably many problems would be solved if we started to think that what is wrong is not the rest, but oneself.
    After the failed untitled work, Korn returns with more staying power and think big.
    The album begins with a brief introduction that sounds like you might imagine sounds in space, followed by the first single, the song "Leave Me Alone", one of the standout tracks of the album as we remember the beginnings of the group ,.
    Games continue with Davis voices and distorted guitar riffs heavy on "Pop a Pill", a great, classic but common to both, but nothing compared to the next song, "Fear is a Place to Live "a very gentle song, strange and unusual for what is Korn, although the treatment given to guitars make you look a little more modern and meaning what is contrary to what we think the title is a song whose lyrics talk about how to deal with our own fears and conquer them.

We continue to "Move On" a rhythmic ballad with a pretty soft and melodic beginning, but the trouble with it, there follows a couple, it constantly undergoes abrupt changes of pace and he does not favor at all.

The next is called "Lead the Parade", a topic to Korn. Very good and disturbing, it has some effects that resemble war parades, marches to battle those who suddenly overflow to reach the chorus.

Above all, Lead the Parade, is the full essence of Jonathan Davis and Korn. Again, what gives us so admire your lead vocalist, singing and screams and we missed.
    "Let the Guilt Go" is still more than the previous hit. In fact a single. Stanza rhythmic and catchy and easy to remember pre-chorus make this song one of the most accessible of this album. It has a bridge that makes Davis inner consciousness and the truth is pretty good. A very complete song, but the real journey back in time begins with "The Past", in which the guitars receive more prominence. It has some fixes and effects that acclimate well the theme of the song. Korn just might end up getting cut palms like this. Another group probably never would have thought, and having spent would have been "crappy". And if not, comprobad the many bands that try to imitate or follow the trail of Korn, unsuccessfully.

The "psychedelic" in its purest returns in "Never Around", the longest song delalbum. But not so with "Move On" because it has a chorus that drags you to move your head and look lyrics memorize. Even the most bizarre is catchy, the "aaaah" of half of the song in his head wearily entered. Notice it with producer Ross Robinson, who leaves no empty corner in the subject without arrangements.

"Are You Ready to Live?" I present it in Cuchara Sonica on their day under the name "My Time". It has everything: forcefulness, slow parts, melodic feeling and message. Had to put some paste would treat guitars sound sometime with little force, but that is in the likes of you. With this letter, Jonathan Davis wonders if you are wasting time, if you are making the most of his life. A message probably empathize with enough people. And that's how good it really is seen in a letter, right?

Finally comes "Holding All These Lies" in which we find again the characteristic features of Korn: forcefulness, psychedelia and a catchy chorus. By the way, is the only song that has a hint of a guitar solo, something I've missed you so much on the disk. In any case, it's a good song to close the album.

Ultimately, Korn III: Remember Who You Are is a good return korn wanted, but could have been better. If we begin to look for reasons probably end up talking about the ex-guitarist Brian Welch. Although "Munky" Shaffer falls short, it shows in the songs lack something to become "great songs".

Still, there are very complete songs that compensate those others that lack a little push. What I liked about this album was the role of drummer Ray Luzier, reverse the burden of a more visceral and Jonathan Davis a "Fieldy" that continues to create beauty in the bass sound. Definitely one of his best albums. Well Korn.
  8. Sep 2, 2013
    Just two questions: Who's idea was this? And what the hell were they thinking?

The first five minutes of the album start out descent enough. "Uber-time" is interesting and Oildale (Leave Me Alone) is good through the first half until the bridge where the "oh-too-familiar" JD crying and freakouts from the 90's return and they're corny than ever (no pun intended). The rest of the songs
    sadly follow the same format.

Also about halfway through I noticed the drums didn't match the vibe of the groovy sound they were going for on this album. While Ray is a great drummer, his sound was not right for this album, then again nothing on this album sounded "right".

The worst song on the album is "Fear is a Place to Live." Possibly the worst line I've heard ever was in this song where Jon keeps screaming "I always get f*cked in the end". C'mon guys a little re-wording there would make a world of difference.

Songs like "Oildale", "Lead the Parade", & "The Past" all have promise but fall apart halfway through. If you're an average Korn fan go ahead and pass on this one, if you're a huge fan, you may want it for your collection or at least use it as a coaster.

1. As painful and draining Korn III undoubtedly must have been to create, there's no doubt that it re-asserts the quartet's status as one of metal's most innovative bands. [10 Jul 2010, p.50]
    Their formula--downtuned guitar, chunky rhythms, serial killer vocals--is proven, but ugly enough that it'll only resonate with fans. [Sep 2010, p.96]
  3. On Korn III: Remember Who You Are, the band has jumped back to the sound and attitude that made it famous - if without particularly inspired tunes - and Mr. Davis, almost 40, seems to have regained some of his younger self as a lyricist.