Lace Up

5.6

Review this album

1. Oct 13, 2015
    Machine Gun Kelly made a splash with his song "Wild Boy". Now that he has everyone's attention he shows his wild boy persona through the album "Lace Up". This album is filled with catchy songs and even a couple deep songs. The album is filled with quality beats, most notably beats from "See my tears", "Wild Boy", "Invincible", and "Lace Up". The songs that provide depth to the album withMachine Gun Kelly made a splash with his song "Wild Boy". Now that he has everyone's attention he shows his wild boy persona through the album "Lace Up". This album is filled with catchy songs and even a couple deep songs. The album is filled with quality beats, most notably beats from "See my tears", "Wild Boy", "Invincible", and "Lace Up". The songs that provide depth to the album with lyrics and meaning are "Invincible", "See my tears" and "End of the road". Other notable songs are "Stereo" but to be honest there aren't really any weak songs on the album. This provides an enjoyable experience if you listen all the way through. MGK represents the underdog with his music. If you feel you are one, you'll enjoy it. Expand
  2. May 5, 2015
    MGK is a fine rapper. MG standing for machine gun, surely relates to his rapid-fire vocal delivery. Whereas one might have expected a somewhat rougher sound, the album comes across a little too polished and dare I say, a little too commercial. However! Make no mistake, MGK has skills, flow and charisma, and is surely here to stay. A reasonably good album that is worth parting with yourMGK is a fine rapper. MG standing for machine gun, surely relates to his rapid-fire vocal delivery. Whereas one might have expected a somewhat rougher sound, the album comes across a little too polished and dare I say, a little too commercial. However! Make no mistake, MGK has skills, flow and charisma, and is surely here to stay. A reasonably good album that is worth parting with your dollars to buy it. Expand
  3. Jan 16, 2013
    Who is MGK and what does it stands for? And why does he showed up his face at Wrestlemania 28 performing John Cena's entrance during the Rock vs, Cena dream match? Hey WWE, as long as your providing recording artists all the time in a pay-per-view, make sure it's NOT copyright infringement. Lace Up is one of the worst albums of 2012. Bar none. Flo Rida is way better than this trash.
  4. Jan 6, 2013
    Machine Gun Kelly has built a cult-like fan base by making music people can easily relate to. And with this album he continues with that trend. Lace Up is a debut album any artist would be proud of.
  5. Oct 28, 2012
    Why people think MGK is good, I'll never know. I listened to this by recommendation by my brother, and once again, MGK provides further proof that he'll never be good. He can be a good pop star, but as a rapper he fails.

1. Nov 16, 2012
    In Machine Gun Kelly, Cleveland finally gets its very own Eminem: a clever, working-class white kid who fires nail-gun rhymes in dense clusters.
  2. Nov 12, 2012
    MGK is a talented rapper, but here, on his major label album, he sounds hollow.
  3. Oct 25, 2012
    Though he may no longer be quite the underdog he once was, rapping like it--at least for no--still works