8.8

Review this album

1. Oct 17, 2011
    Wake up Mr. West cause you gave a an incredible album to enjoy for days to come. The amount of effort that was put into this album shines in the best tracks of the LP.
    Best Tracks:
    Heard 'Em Say (Feat. Adam Levine)
    Gold Digger (Feat. Jamie Foxx)
    Hey Mama
    Drive Slow (Feat. Paul Wall & GLC)
    We Major (Feat Nas & Really Doe)
    Diamonds From Sierra Leone (Feat Jay-Z)
    And all the Skits.
  2. Jun 18, 2013
    From one of rap's best debuts to one of it's greatest follow-ups, not to mention, one of the best albums to ever spawn from the genre. Stylistically and sonically a step-up from it's predecessor, undoubtedly from the help of "Jon Brion on the keys". "Touch The Sky", "Celebration", "We Major", "Gone", an album all about showing off and livin' it up, in all it's glory and in all it's folly,From one of rap's best debuts to one of it's greatest follow-ups, not to mention, one of the best albums to ever spawn from the genre. Stylistically and sonically a step-up from it's predecessor, undoubtedly from the help of "Jon Brion on the keys". "Touch The Sky", "Celebration", "We Major", "Gone", an album all about showing off and livin' it up, in all it's glory and in all it's folly, it's jealously and it's unintended victims, "Gold Digger", "Addiction", "Bring Me Down", "Diamonds From Sierra Leone". From "putting those hazard lights on" picking up girls with "Drive Slow", to realizing and understanding that "Nothing lasts forever" and even though "it hurts", that "it may be the only way" on the street-poet-spilling-his-heart "Heard Em Say", to the soft, sweet, love-filled ode to his Mom "Hey Mama", this album found me really appreciating all the tracks not just for them in themselves, but what they added to the whole. Classic Album. 9.5/10 Expand
  3. Oct 11, 2013
    Late Reg is Kanye's greatest work.
    Best songs:
    We Major
    Hey Mama
    GONE
    Diamonds from Sierra Leone
    But the whole album is incredible.
  4. Apr 25, 2012
    West attempted to polish his style in the follow-up to College Dropout and lost all of the charm that made his debut interesting in the first place. Outside of the introduction of Lupe Fiasco on "Touch the Sky", there isn't much on this album worth listening to.
  5. Jun 12, 2011
    Terrific album, not perfect, but geniunely enjoyable, some tracks need work, but the rest works. BEST SONG ON THIS TRACK IS: TOUCH THE SKY FT. LUPE FIASCO. Kanye knows how to please, and does with this album.
  6. Nov 9, 2010
    absolutely amazing its in my top fave albums i love it to death. not my favorite kanye album but it is amazing Diamonds From Sierra Leon is one of my favorite songs i could listen to that for years and years doesnt get old. very amazing one of the best raps ever
  7. Nov 11, 2013
    Late Registration is nothing short of ambitious, self-assured, and an instant mile-stone. Mr. West was no victim to the sophomore slump, pushing himself even further to stardom with each hit. Every track holds something distinct and worthwhile, while also showing off Kanye as the great MC he is. The production is bombastic in this record, sometimes going very minimal as well, like he doesLate Registration is nothing short of ambitious, self-assured, and an instant mile-stone. Mr. West was no victim to the sophomore slump, pushing himself even further to stardom with each hit. Every track holds something distinct and worthwhile, while also showing off Kanye as the great MC he is. The production is bombastic in this record, sometimes going very minimal as well, like he does in "Drive Slow".

All In All, Late Registration is a brilliant follow up to "College Dropout" A-
  8. May 8, 2011
    THIS IS THE BEST ALBUM OF THE DECADE. This album was amazing i loved every song on this album. its my favorite kanye west album. its perfect. it deserves 5 stars. this album shows people how talented kanye west is. great album!!!!!!!! 10/10 pure genius
  9. Jul 19, 2011
    This Album is brilliant, influential and has to be one of the best Albums of 2005 and also of all time. I thought it would be impossible for him to do an Album which is either better than College Dropout or on same level.
  10. j30
    Sep 28, 2011
    Really an excellent album. It gives me hope in Hip-Hop again. This album builds off it's predecessor, like the rest of his albums that follows (with an exception of 808's and Heartbreak).
  11. Aug 22, 2011
    With this album Kanye made it known that he'll be around for a while. Great album my favorite from mr. West. Kanye West showed his lyricall greatness, his **** expressed his feelings all on one album.
  12. Nov 23, 2012
    Another top album from Mr West, one of the few hip hop/rap artists where I can listen to an entire album. This has got some great singles and has the fantastic "Gold digger". Production is flawless, only thing that I don't like are the "skit" tracks which ruin the flow of the record for me. If your not a fan of the genre (and in general, I'm not) this guy is still worth checking out.Another top album from Mr West, one of the few hip hop/rap artists where I can listen to an entire album. This has got some great singles and has the fantastic "Gold digger". Production is flawless, only thing that I don't like are the "skit" tracks which ruin the flow of the record for me. If your not a fan of the genre (and in general, I'm not) this guy is still worth checking out. Really find myself enjoying his records. Expand
  13. Feb 20, 2012
    Meh...I never quite connected with this album, sure the singles from this were great stompers but overall it all feels like an extension of the first album and without the impact due to the massive influx of stars invading his work.
  14. Nov 14, 2012
    Kanye established his skill in College Dropout, but Late Registration is when he truly shines. The beats are expanded to new horizons and his lyrics are just as good. He does a great job of sampling songs and there's several guest appearances that amplify his own ability as well. Great album, I really do believe it's an instant classic. I think about it this way: Kanye always has thatKanye established his skill in College Dropout, but Late Registration is when he truly shines. The beats are expanded to new horizons and his lyrics are just as good. He does a great job of sampling songs and there's several guest appearances that amplify his own ability as well. Great album, I really do believe it's an instant classic. I think about it this way: Kanye always has that arrogant "I'm one of the greatest ever" kind of attitute, but after I listened to all of Late Registration, I caught myself starting to think that he may not be completely wrong. Favorites: Heard Em' Say, Gold Digger, Gone. Least Favorite: Bring Me Down. Expand
  15. Feb 4, 2014
    This album is a near-perfect mix of braggadocio, raw emotion, and socially conscious lyrics. Also, the features work beautifully and contribute to the impact of this album. There's 2 or 3 songs that could have been left out, but Late Registration is without a doubt an elite LP. ~ 8.5/10

Best track: "Touch The Sky" Other notable tracks: "Gold Digger", "Crack Music", "Roses", "We Major",

Best track: "Touch The Sky"
    Other notable tracks: "Gold Digger", "Crack Music", "Roses", "We Major", "Hey Mama", & "Diamonds From Sierra Leone" (remix and original)
  16. Mar 22, 2015
    8.5/10................................................................................................................................................
  17. Mar 2, 2015
    Ten years on Late Registration has aged brilliantly compared to Kanye West's other critically acclaimed work. The production is still the best Kanye contribution to date, and is arguably one of the finest to ever in it's genre. The guest verses are unconventional, especially at the time, yet they work in perfect harmony with Mr West. Such crisp production and light on the ear rhymes areTen years on Late Registration has aged brilliantly compared to Kanye West's other critically acclaimed work. The production is still the best Kanye contribution to date, and is arguably one of the finest to ever in it's genre. The guest verses are unconventional, especially at the time, yet they work in perfect harmony with Mr West. Such crisp production and light on the ear rhymes are what continue to make Late Registration a timeless classic. Expand
  18. Apr 12, 2015
    WAKE UP MR. WEST!! The second album of Kanye's career proves to be another masterpiece. Never one to overuse a style, West noticed almost instantly after College Dropout that his sped-up soul sample was starting to become an industry cliche, so he shook it up a little. This resulting album's instrumentation is still pretty ahead of it's time. West cleverly uses the other side of theWAKE UP MR. WEST!! The second album of Kanye's career proves to be another masterpiece. Never one to overuse a style, West noticed almost instantly after College Dropout that his sped-up soul sample was starting to become an industry cliche, so he shook it up a little. This resulting album's instrumentation is still pretty ahead of it's time. West cleverly uses the other side of the 60s/70s songs he so loves to give them pop appeal. For example, the blaring horns on "Touch the Sky", the daunting keys on "Drive Slow" and Jamie Foxx's humorous interpretation of a random Ray Charles line on "Gold Digger." He also mixes the type of dramatic orchestral instrumentation usually found in movie soundtracks, courtesy of Jon Brion. Lyrically, the album doesn't showcase West's ability any more than "College Dropout" he can still tell a good story and has plenty of clever, if not a little immature, punchlines ("If you're a stripper named Porsche and you get tips from many men, then your fat friend her nickname is Mini-Van.") That type of self-aware ego is common on this album, with several skits featuring Kanye in a penniless fraternity called "Phi-broke." There's still time for serious messages however, creating goosebumps worthy songs in "My Way Home", where Common laments over a Gil Scott-Heron sample, "Crack Music", a stark look at hip-hop's place in white America, "Roses", which looks at his grandmother's hospital stay and the medical industry as a whole and a "Diamonds from Sierra Leone" Remix that more directly tackles the title. This is the album that showcases Kanye's star quality and it's a hard one to dislike, no matter how obnoxious he can get. Expand
  19. Apr 28, 2015
    A really great second album from Kanye who shows he can be consistent in his work, staying true to his ambitions while refreshing a bit his style. Like the previous one, a sharp production from the guy who brought you most of the beats on Jay-Z's Blueprint and a Chicago sound sure to please any fan of Chicago's hip-hop.

1. Feb 17, 2011
    Late Registration's salvation (and, undoubtedly, Kanye's own) are when it basks in the sunshine after the rain.
  2. Jan 3, 2011
    Each of these songs offers more exquisite details than I could earmark in twice this space, many of them literary, which the English prof's dropout son rightly claims as his calling. But secret brilliance is more likely to emerge from the sops to his hip-hop base.
  3. Late Registration can't replicate the novelty of last year's College Dropout, but otherwise, this is an impressively more mature and labored-over album.