Let Go - Avril Lavigne
8.4

Review this album

1. Jan 7, 2011
    Let Go, Old but gold. i have it is good and she is hot. this is a prefect cd no need to say more,cause it PREFECT! Only a young girl , but it is a world class cd! I love it You can do better!Avril!
  2. Jul 14, 2012
    During this era Avril Lavigne was indeed her record company's puppet but her attachement to 'Let Go' and her artistic contribution to it prevented her becoming another fully-fledged, brainless robot as so many of her peers were. The lyrics are decent but they all feel generic and with as many as 3 other songwriters helping her out you do have to question how much she actually did herself.During this era Avril Lavigne was indeed her record company's puppet but her attachement to 'Let Go' and her artistic contribution to it prevented her becoming another fully-fledged, brainless robot as so many of her peers were. The lyrics are decent but they all feel generic and with as many as 3 other songwriters helping her out you do have to question how much she actually did herself. Avril's vocals are impressive and have a countryish warmth to them but they feel so forced compared to the confidence of the 3 subsequent albums we have now. Overall it is a very strong, very safe debut album; it carefully appeals to the textbook pre-teen rockers with songs like "Unwanted" while at the same time lures in the Disney crowd with empowering guitar-pop like "Anything But Ordinary". It's a decent start but Avril's more recent efforts are just so much more authentic. Expand
  3. May 27, 2011
    One of the very little albums that managed to age into my adult life with me.
  4. Oct 26, 2010
    With her great voice Avril sings on a great album, which probaly is, and will be, the best album she has ever made. This is back when her music actually meant something.
  5. Jan 6, 2011
    Esse é um verdadeiro álbum de pop/rock, agradou uma legião de fãs além de pessoas não tão ligadas a Avril assim, até minha mão ouve I'm With You e acha uma ótima música! Em 2002 a Avril veio pra arrasar e fazer um sucesso que estava sendoEsse é um verdadeiro álbum de pop/rock, agradou uma legião de fãs além de pessoas não tão ligadas a Avril assim, até minha mão ouve I'm With You e acha uma ótima música! Em 2002 a Avril veio pra arrasar e fazer um sucesso que estava sendo feito apenas por artistas pop!! Expand
  6. Mar 12, 2011
    This was back when Avril gave a damn about her music. There is nothing groundbreaking about this album but her talent as a vocalist combines with a good backup band made this one memorable.
  7. Jul 23, 2011
    Let Go it's my favorite acoustic-rock album.Losing Grip the debut track it's the best track of the cd.Another amazing song is :All 13 song.Just Complicated it's not enough but song like Naked,I'm With U and Unwanted make u scream along the cd.
  8. Nov 1, 2011
    Singing like a rebellious teenager, Avril captivates us from beginning to end, who never identified with a song from that album? Surely an album that marked a generation. Highlight for I'm With You, a great ballad.
  9. Mar 11, 2012
    The past few years, this album has been one of my very favorites. It never gets old. It shows the "pissed off girl next door" version of Avril, which nobody sees anymore. I can relate to every one of these songs. "Mobile" and "Unwanted" are my favorites. This is a very good album.
  10. Apr 26, 2012
    I have mixed feelings about Ms. Lavigne. I just don't know. Let Go was a pretty good cd for her first release. This may be her best album to date next to her following release. A lot of the songs on here can be related to by many angry teenagers and young adults. That part definitely works. Bravo.
  11. Feb 16, 2013
    'Let Go' is a gift to a young audience with its beautiful letters followed by beautiful chords and accompanied by a beautiful voice, unabashedly portrays adolescence as well, done with 'Avril Lavigne' began the path to be one of the greatest singers Canadians.
  12. Mar 24, 2013
    The then tomboy Avril Lavigne made her stunning debut with hits like "Complicated," "I'm With You," and "Sk8er Boi" which were exceptional. Did I mention she was on'y 17? She also has credits on every song in her career, unlike many teen stars such as Miley Cyrus and One Direction.
  13. Sep 6, 2013
    A debut album which naively expresses a vague rebelliousness, nailing the small-town-girl-in-a-big-city vibe. The pop-punk tag is misleading, since Avril Lavigne has energy but lacks any irony (or self-irony, for what matters). It is, basically, a 90s records made in the 00s in an 80s style what with all the power pop, ballads, acoustic guitars and so on. Some songs are insufferableA debut album which naively expresses a vague rebelliousness, nailing the small-town-girl-in-a-big-city vibe. The pop-punk tag is misleading, since Avril Lavigne has energy but lacks any irony (or self-irony, for what matters). It is, basically, a 90s records made in the 00s in an 80s style what with all the power pop, ballads, acoustic guitars and so on. Some songs are insufferable (Avril tries to rap in Nobody's Fool, and it's unforgivable), other are catchy and provide a decent amount of fun. Expand
  14. Oct 31, 2013
    I personally would rate this my favorite album to ever be released. Every track is unique and Avril's voice still amazes me over 10 years after its release. With over 17 million copies worldwide, this album really has achieved universal acclaim
  15. Dec 28, 2013
    Excelente álbum para ser el primero en su carrera, cada canción cuenta una historia, y ademas de eso las canciones ofrecen soluciones. El álbum me hace recordar cuando verdaderas canciones no pasaban desapercibidas en las listas.

Favoritas: Complicated, I'm with you, things i'll never say
  16. Sep 11, 2014
    Amo esse CD. Tem ótimas letras e se dá na fase rockeira da Avril. Minhas músicas favoritas são: Sk8er Boi,Complicated,Unwanted,Naked,Nobody's Fool e My World. Esse álbum,na minha opinião,só perde para o Under My Skin.
  17. Dec 2, 2014
    Let Go é uma obra-prima da Avril. Cada música tem seu potencial. Sinto muito dizer mas, mesmo velho, esse álbum é melhor do que muitos da atualidade. Melhores:

1. Naked
    10. Things I'll Never Say
    11. Too Much To Ask
    12. Losing Grip
    13. Tomorrow

1. The Canadian rocker looks like a (prettier) member of Sum 41, sounds like a slightly less-pissed Alanis Morissette and has the streetwise 'tude of Pink.
  2. Lavigne displays a musical guile way beyond her years. [Sep 2002, p.109]
    Lavigne splices the angst of Alanis Morissette and the snarl of Courtney Love into a debut full of sunny guitar pop. [#8, p.115]