Live Love A$AP - A$AP Rocky
8.4

Review this album

1. Feb 8, 2012
    A breath of fresh air in the rap game. I can listen straight through and love all of it. I only have one thing to say, "Couple ABC's, Bad **** Double D's, Poppin E, I don't give a F, told ya i'ma G."
  2. Feb 16, 2013
    I know a lot of people hate A$AP Rocky because lyrically he's not up to par with other new schoolers. Or maybe because his name kinda sorta sounds like Aesop Rock (which really shouldn't matter, their music sounds nothing alike), but what makes A$AP Rocky so appealing, at least to me, is his style of music. You can't really say anyone sounds like him. He's too ignorant to be a New York rapper, he's too smart to be a Southern rapper. Songs like Palace, Peso, Purple Swag and Leaf sound like they are the soundtrack to your high. Bass is really thick sounding and Trilla is the closest beat that sounds New York (maybe because of that Das EFX sample). Needless to say the production on this sounds very hazey and really is spacious. As a lyricist, Rocky isn't reinventing the wheel. But he does have a lot of personality and a unique flow that keeps it interesting. I'll admit some of the other rappers featured on this album (all the other A$AP rappers, Spaceghostpurrp Main Attraktionz) aren't as good as Rocky. But some of them still can manage to flow on a couple of songs. Plus Brand New Guy has some sick verses from ScHoolboy Q. Overall this bangs, worth checking out in my opinion. Expand
  3. Nov 5, 2012
    a$ap dope.. but needs to use some stronger lyrics than this.... he dope and i'm a huge fan but other than that it wuz still a dope ass mixtape... still i can't wait for the album!
  4. Feb 1, 2012
    Asap rocky is simply the best rookie out there. This man has the greatest flow. Simply the best man to come out of NY since Jay-Z. He's Gonna change the rap game forever and im gonna buy every single album he puts out
  5. Jul 12, 2014
    Musically, I loved it. Artistically, it's a miss. It's a mixtape, though, and a strong one at that. Best tracks were "Kissin' Pink", "Roll One Up" & "Out Of This World".

1. Jan 10, 2012
    Live Love A$AP is compelling but wildly uneven in execution.
  2. Dec 15, 2011
    If you're willing to open your ears up, you'll be entertained by a high quality MC having a blast on record.
  3. Dec 15, 2011
    More about lyrical swagger than emotional substance, LiveLoveA$AP is a solid intro to someone who could be an enduring figure in the years ahead.