Long Way Down - Tom Odell
6.8

Review this album

1. Jun 29, 2013
    Good, sing along tracks. Nothing ground breaking.
    I get the feeling there is a lot more to come this guy, and this album does not do him justice. Hopefully I'm right.
  2. Jul 5, 2013
    Forget the shallow arguments against Tom Odell, 'Long Way Down' is actually a characteristic debut album with some impressive vocal performances and singalong-inducing melodies. It's not innovative and doesn't bring anything new to the table; but it doesn't even have to. Standouts include 'Another Love', 'Can't Pretend', 'I Know', and 'Hold Me'.
  3. Sep 10, 2013

'Again, I repeat: this is not a bad record. I'm sure it'll bring pleasure to those who know what they like and who like straight forward singer songwriters who perform with passion. That said, due to the few feathers the album has in its cap in terms of variety, lyrical quality and originality; the album
    is weaker than it could have been. I think it's a long way up for Tom Odell if he wants to build a career off of this record. 6/10' Expand

1. Aug 2, 2013
    He's got talent to spare, but at this point he's swimming in an idyllic creek, not a raging river, and no amount of howling will banish demons that have yet to be summoned.
  2. Long Way Down has just enough flaws to show that Odell has room to grow and progress. If you listen to one pop album this year, this is a pretty good bet.
  3. Jun 28, 2013
    For Long Way Down is an album that, while often samey and, in the grand scheme of things, says next to nothing, heralds the arrival of a highly talented artist.