Lotus - Christina Aguilera
7.1

Review this album

1. Dec 16, 2014
    The pop voice with a great album, actually the best album of her, waiting to see if the next will be able to overcome
    Highlights: Army Of Me and Shut Up
    Lows: Empty Worlds and Sing For Me
  2. Jan 14, 2014
    When a singer release a new album never knows what to expect. Many will like it, others do not, others will not matter and will hate to hear the simple fact of not liking the artist, the clothes she wears, the voice, the hair ... Criticism is constructed with a reference basis and being impartial. Nobody can avalir an album listening 1 time each song. The quality goes beyond that.
    Lotus
    Lotus is proof of growth Aguilera as a person, as the voice as an artist and as the greatest singer of this generation. She has her own style, recreated on each CD, never repeats anything and is therefore underestimated by simply not be understood. If everyone had your CDs at home and hear the world would have a better taste in music.
  3. Dec 12, 2013
    I think the best way to start this review is to say that I personally enjoyed Christina's 2010 release 'Bionic', despite the fact it's critical and chart receptions were so-so to not good at all. I thought the Sia ballads were flawless, and the departure from Christina's norm was a nice change in my opinion. That being said, that was then and this is now... And here on 'Lotus', AguileraI think the best way to start this review is to say that I personally enjoyed Christina's 2010 release 'Bionic', despite the fact it's critical and chart receptions were so-so to not good at all. I thought the Sia ballads were flawless, and the departure from Christina's norm was a nice change in my opinion. That being said, that was then and this is now... And here on 'Lotus', Aguilera re-emerges... A much stronger force than before.

'Lotus' isn't the pop masterpiece I hoped for... But on top 40 standards, Christina certainly delivered. There's powerhouse radio cuts like 'Let There Be Love' and 'Just a Fool', and flawless soulful takes like 'Make the World Move' and 'Sing for Me'. There's also a lot of playful cuts like 'Cease Fire' and 'Circles'. Plus, perhaps the strongest moment on 'Lotus', Sia returns on 'Blank Page'. All of these cuts remind us what a powerhouse of a vocalist Christina Aguilera really is, and her iconic status as one of the best voices of this generation. What stops this record from being a masterpiece though is it's lack of flow. Unlike Christina's mammoth releases 'Stripped' and 'Back to Basics', this album still feels Inconcise and a little all over the place sonically. That being said it's a decent step in the right direction!
  4. Dec 4, 2013
    Lotus is a great divide in the career of Christina, unlike previous albums he has no set theme, sounds just like it was another album released, however the album opens with an interesting intro, despite being just a intro, ''Lotus Intro'' is one of the best songs on the album, the highlights are also ''Blank Page'', ''Army of Me'', ''Best of Me'' and ''Just A Fool'', the rest is not veryLotus is a great divide in the career of Christina, unlike previous albums he has no set theme, sounds just like it was another album released, however the album opens with an interesting intro, despite being just a intro, ''Lotus Intro'' is one of the best songs on the album, the highlights are also ''Blank Page'', ''Army of Me'', ''Best of Me'' and ''Just A Fool'', the rest is not very surprising, Lotus sounds like something slacker who had no proper job, after all Aguilera can still develop a good job. Expand
  5. Nov 4, 2013
    Lotus is honestly a good record. It's not very commercial but it's a big improvement after the disastrous Bionic. Standout tracks include: let there be love, empty words, lotus and blank page. If some songs were cut it would be more cohesive but overall it's a good work.
  6. Oct 9, 2013
    Segundo álbum mais honesto da carreira da Aguilera, desde as suas tristezas, alegrias até os deboches a aqueles que tentam a destruir, (sem exito) melhor álbum de 2012.
  7. Sep 12, 2013
    This type of stuff is beneath Christina's wonderful talent and vocals. It all sounds so boring and dull. She has it in her to make stuff ten times better.
  8. Sep 6, 2013
    It's a good album, just not her best. It's definitely not like i taught it will be, when i heard "Blank Page" wich is the first song i heard from the album. I taught it will be so emotional just like "Stripped" while it's full of rowdy dance-pop songs. It's one of her first electro-pop album and it's amazing but i've seen better.
    Album's Highlights: "Blank Page", "Your Body", "Let There
    Album's Highlights: "Blank Page", "Your Body", "Let There Be Love", "Army of Me" and Just a Fool"
    Album's Bad songs: "Circles", "Cease Fire" and "All Around the World".
  9. Aug 7, 2013
    No! It's not that good! Christina needs to go back to Bionic! Christina can do so much better than this. And so can the people she features in the album.
  10. Jul 9, 2013
    During one of her interviews Christina said, that "Lotus" is "fun, exciting, introspective, it's going to be great". Yes, it's definitely Christina's poppiest album since her debut in 1999. Tracks like "Your Body", "Red Hot Kinda Love", "Let There Be Love" and "Around The World" are the perfect club bangers. There are also some personal, beautiful ballads like "Sing For Me", "Blank Page"During one of her interviews Christina said, that "Lotus" is "fun, exciting, introspective, it's going to be great". Yes, it's definitely Christina's poppiest album since her debut in 1999. Tracks like "Your Body", "Red Hot Kinda Love", "Let There Be Love" and "Around The World" are the perfect club bangers. There are also some personal, beautiful ballads like "Sing For Me", "Blank Page" and "Best Of Me". But "Lotus" is not only pop and R&B album. There's a country heart-breaking ballad "Just A Fool" featuring Blake Shelton, alternative "middle-finger to haters" song "Circles" and (finally) ragga/electronica/R&B/dubstep multigenre masterpiece "Cease Fire". There's a few misfires including chaotic "Make The World Move" and excessively vulgar "Shut Up". Besides that "Lotus" is another solid album in Christina's career.

11. Apr 22, 2013
    Christina is one of the best singers ever without any doubt. Her voice is simply stunning and she is so versatile. So this can be not her best album, that's for sure, but she is amazing
  12. Mar 26, 2013
    álbum muito bom, com uma gentileza incomparável e uma beleza exuberante, Christina Aguilera mostra todo seu potencial com agudos e batidas que podem não agradar muito a critica, mas vão fazer todos ficarem loucos por essa obra prima da RCA.
  13. Mar 5, 2013
    Even if it doesn't include pop pearls, Lotus is Christina Aguilera's best album because most of the songs are great. The other albums are very long and so include bad songs. And even if it is her most pop album, the songs still are in the Aguilera's style so very enjoyable. Refreshing, attractive, seductive.
  14. Feb 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There are some songs that is very slow. But very slow, is very good. There are some club songs like Your body, Let there be love. They are so good. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever Expand
  15. Jan 4, 2013
    This album shows of the "old" Xtina and the "new" Xtina. She still have to satisfy her fans and try to win over a newer generation, which she is slowly achieving.
  16. Dec 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a really good album ! , so the only thing you have to do is go and buy it ! most of the song are really good , specially just a fool , army of me , blank page , cease fire etc. if you hear people who says she oversing in this album , one thing is oversing and other is to sing with passion and thats what christina does in this awesome recording Expand
  17. Dec 9, 2012
    Lotus is the latest excellent chapter in Christina's continuing evolution as a vocalist and an icon. It's a challenge for many to separate her music from her complex Pop Cultural impact and difficult still to compare her to her 'peers' in the entertainment industry, something that's often done with female artists, but the truth is that she is ultimately peerless and her career path hasLotus is the latest excellent chapter in Christina's continuing evolution as a vocalist and an icon. It's a challenge for many to separate her music from her complex Pop Cultural impact and difficult still to compare her to her 'peers' in the entertainment industry, something that's often done with female artists, but the truth is that she is ultimately peerless and her career path has never been travelled before...so these attempts to understand her by her career choices and the activities of her 'rivals' is ultimately fruitless. Christina is a great vocalist navigating her way through yet another bizarre set of hurtles placed before her by the state of the music and overall entertainment industry. Like a great diva, the goal is survival. At this point it still makes perfect sense to do the youthful, sexy tracks (Your Body, Let There Be Love, Red Hot Kind of Love), and As the media and audiences have bullied Christina for the past few years, the angsty songs are very much justified (Army of Me, Best of Me, Circles), and Christina continues to create masterpiece ballads that capture her Voice so well (Blank Page, Sing for Me, Just a Fool). To Listen to a Christina album is really to listen to the best of America at any given moment. She's one of our most accomplished and genuinely gifted Artists and actually exhibits in her music itself the struggle America has in finding itself. Christina is of the moment in how her albums are always a kind of melting pot for American pop culture. Her Voice makes these albums timeless because of the immortality of Great Voices. The Voice is our most human aspect, a chord on any other instrument can be recreated but the voice cannot. Dance music belongs to the here and now of each young generation, but singing is timeless and ageless, and Christina continues to finely craft and push her voice into a solid, varied collection of recordings that can wow and inspire singers forever. Expand
  18. Dec 8, 2012
    Lotus is a new begining for Aguilera and her fans. Songs like "Best Of Me", "Army Of Me", "Blank Page" and "Just A Fool" represents the unbreakable flower that Xtina has become. She will forever be remembered as THE VOICE OF HER GENERATION
  19. Dec 8, 2012
    She's known for changing it up with every record musically and look wise, she did it again. It's a solid pop record full of messages. As she calls herself "a message girl". I liked how cohesive the album is. It's has a lot of up-tempos as well as mid-tempos and a few ballads, which are always the best of Xtina's albums.
    I absolutely love the album. I consider myself a hardcore Xtina fan
    I absolutely love the album. I consider myself a hardcore Xtina fan and I'm very picky with her so, she delivered this time.
  20. Dec 8, 2012
    Album is so good. I missed this Christina. A mix of fun songs, a few deep ones and great vocals. My favorites are Best Of Me, Just A Fool, Army of Me, Around The World and Red Hot Kinda Love.
  21. Dec 8, 2012
    Christina Aguilera returns with a solid pop collection every Xtina fan will love. It's also mainstream enough for new fans to come in.

With the poorly received Bionic, I somewhat disagree the public sentiment because that one had A LOT of gems: Monday Morning, Elastic Love, Birds of Prey, I Am, Lift Me Up, etc. However here, there's less experimentation and more straight up pop confections. And a LOT of radio friendly material like Army of Me, Just A Fool, Your Body, Red Hot Kinda Love, Sing For Me, etc. So get this CD, it's amazing. Her single performance is somewhat odd since I believe it's highly personality driven--people find Xtina too harsh and so, wont' request her tracks despite their obvious quality. So personality aside, this is a good album, with true vocals, larger-than-life personality, and you can almost see how it's to be staged when the tour forms.
  22. Dec 7, 2012
    I rated only 3, I don't like her new album as a whole. I love some songs like Just A Fool, Blank Page and Army Of Me....and that's it.
    Where's our great old Christina? What happend to her wonderful voice?
  23. Dec 7, 2012
    Well done Christina, one again, you show evolution, change and your never ending voice. For sure, you are the voice of this generation. Thanks for making real and honest music, like you always does.
  24. Dec 4, 2012
    X-tina, X-tina, X-tina... This album is terrible. There is 3 songs that are good. Like who does she think she is? Circles is one example of a true filler. The lyrics are written horrible. I hope she can come up with something actually good next time, or her career is going *plop*.
  25. Dec 2, 2012
    Horrible. I mean Christina kept on praising herself , about how she her music is different and that shes different than other pop stars around , yet she goes ahead and sings songs written by others ,specifically for commercial success.
  26. Dec 2, 2012
    The only problem with X is that her music shifts to different fan groups. "Christina Aguilera" was for Teen-Pop fans. Stripped was for RnB fans. Back To Basics was soul and Bionic was Electronic fans. So that leaves lotus. This is for pure pop fans. The lyrics are undeniably well thought out. Auto-tune is used for effect, not for vocal help (we only hear auto-tune on "Lotus Intro". NoThe only problem with X is that her music shifts to different fan groups. "Christina Aguilera" was for Teen-Pop fans. Stripped was for RnB fans. Back To Basics was soul and Bionic was Electronic fans. So that leaves lotus. This is for pure pop fans. The lyrics are undeniably well thought out. Auto-tune is used for effect, not for vocal help (we only hear auto-tune on "Lotus Intro". No where else!). The reason why reviews were so bad is probably towards "self-help" lyrics. But this is what it's about. She stated it was a Fighter-esque record. Now why do you guys act so surprised?
    Highlights:

Lows:
    Circles
    Empty Words
  27. Nov 22, 2012
    With amazing vocals, this album will make you dance, cry, reflect and inspire!
    Highlight for "Sing for me", "Your Body", "Best Of Me", "Army of Me" and "Blank Page.
  28. Nov 21, 2012
    Couldn't be more excited for Lotus. So many gems, this album is amazing and I hope X is in full promo/artist mode because it can do so well. I have been playing it non-stop since it leaked and even more after I bought it!
  29. Nov 21, 2012
    This album is flawless. Most of the tracks are fun and up-tempo while others are emotional and touching. Both type of songs are flawless here. Even the "generic" tracks are amazing and beyond perfect because she brings talent to the songs as well. I love the album, definitely my favorite from year 2012 and not only. Great job, Christina Aguilera!
  30. Nov 19, 2012
    this is one of the best album Christina Aguilera has made since 2006's back to Basics. She has changed her evolution to keep up with all these other auto tuned artists but her vocals stand out from each track.

1. Dec 11, 2012
    Nothing really stands out like the best thing here, Make The World Move, featuring fellow Voice Judge, Cee-Lo Green. [Jan 2013, p.101]
  2. Nov 27, 2012
    This might not be the golden, triumphant comeback Aguilera had hoped for, but it's pretty close and, let's face it, it's better than most Top 40 music right now.
  3. Nov 20, 2012
    This vitriol-tsunami of a record misses a chance to connect Aguilera's music with her warm, empathetic TV presence.