Lotus - Christina Aguilera
7.1

Review this album

1. Jan 14, 2014
    When a singer release a new album never knows what to expect. Many will like it, others do not, others will not matter and will hate to hear the simple fact of not liking the artist, the clothes she wears, the voice, the hair ... Criticism is constructed with a reference basis and being impartial. Nobody can avalir an album listening 1 time each song. The quality goes beyond that.
    Lotus
    is proof of growth Aguilera as a person, as the voice as an artist and as the greatest singer of this generation. She has her own style, recreated on each CD, never repeats anything and is therefore underestimated by simply not be understood. If everyone had your CDs at home and hear the world would have a better taste in music. Expand
  2. Oct 9, 2013
    Segundo álbum mais honesto da carreira da Aguilera, desde as suas tristezas, alegrias até os deboches a aqueles que tentam a destruir, (sem exito) melhor álbum de 2012.
  3. Mar 26, 2013
    álbum muito bom, com uma gentileza incomparável e uma beleza exuberante, Christina Aguilera mostra todo seu potencial com agudos e batidas que podem não agradar muito a critica, mas vão fazer todos ficarem loucos por essa obra prima da RCA.
  4. Feb 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There are some songs that is very slow. But very slow, is very good. There are some club songs like Your body, Let there be love. They are so good. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever. This is the best album ever Expand
  5. Dec 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a really good album ! , so the only thing you have to do is go and buy it ! most of the song are really good , specially just a fool , army of me , blank page , cease fire etc. if you hear people who says she oversing in this album , one thing is oversing and other is to sing with passion and thats what christina does in this awesome recording Expand
  6. Dec 9, 2012
    Lotus is the latest excellent chapter in Christina's continuing evolution as a vocalist and an icon. It's a challenge for many to separate her music from her complex Pop Cultural impact and difficult still to compare her to her 'peers' in the entertainment industry, something that's often done with female artists, but the truth is that she is ultimately peerless and her career path has never been travelled before...so these attempts to understand her by her career choices and the activities of her 'rivals' is ultimately fruitless. Christina is a great vocalist navigating her way through yet another bizarre set of hurtles placed before her by the state of the music and overall entertainment industry. Like a great diva, the goal is survival. At this point it still makes perfect sense to do the youthful, sexy tracks (Your Body, Let There Be Love, Red Hot Kind of Love), and As the media and audiences have bullied Christina for the past few years, the angsty songs are very much justified (Army of Me, Best of Me, Circles), and Christina continues to create masterpiece ballads that capture her Voice so well (Blank Page, Sing for Me, Just a Fool). To Listen to a Christina album is really to listen to the best of America at any given moment. She's one of our most accomplished and genuinely gifted Artists and actually exhibits in her music itself the struggle America has in finding itself. Christina is of the moment in how her albums are always a kind of melting pot for American pop culture. Her Voice makes these albums timeless because of the immortality of Great Voices. The Voice is our most human aspect, a chord on any other instrument can be recreated but the voice cannot. Dance music belongs to the here and now of each young generation, but singing is timeless and ageless, and Christina continues to finely craft and push her voice into a solid, varied collection of recordings that can wow and inspire singers forever. Expand
  7. Dec 8, 2012
    Lotus is a new begining for Aguilera and her fans. Songs like "Best Of Me", "Army Of Me", "Blank Page" and "Just A Fool" represents the unbreakable flower that Xtina has become. She will forever be remembered as THE VOICE OF HER GENERATION
  8. Dec 8, 2012
    She's known for changing it up with every record musically and look wise, she did it again. It's a solid pop record full of messages. As she calls herself "a message girl". I liked how cohesive the album is. It's has a lot of up-tempos as well as mid-tempos and a few ballads, which are always the best of Xtina's albums.
    I absolutely love the album. I consider myself a hardcore Xtina fan
    and I'm very picky with her so, she delivered this time. Expand
  9. Dec 8, 2012
    Album is so good. I missed this Christina. A mix of fun songs, a few deep ones and great vocals. My favorites are Best Of Me, Just A Fool, Army of Me, Around The World and Red Hot Kinda Love.
  10. Dec 8, 2012
    Christina Aguilera returns with a solid pop collection every Xtina fan will love. It's also mainstream enough for new fans to come in.

With the poorly received Bionic, I somewhat disagree the public sentiment because that one had A LOT of gems: Monday Morning, Elastic Love, Birds of Prey, I Am, Lift Me Up, etc. However here, there's less experimentation and more straight up pop
    confections. And a LOT of radio friendly material like Army of Me, Just A Fool, Your Body, Red Hot Kinda Love, Sing For Me, etc. So get this CD, it's amazing. Her single performance is somewhat odd since I believe it's highly personality driven--people find Xtina too harsh and so, wont' request her tracks despite their obvious quality. So personality aside, this is a good album, with true vocals, larger-than-life personality, and you can almost see how it's to be staged when the tour forms. Expand
  11. Dec 7, 2012
    Well done Christina, one again, you show evolution, change and your never ending voice. For sure, you are the voice of this generation. Thanks for making real and honest music, like you always does.
  12. Dec 2, 2012
    The only problem with X is that her music shifts to different fan groups. "Christina Aguilera" was for Teen-Pop fans. Stripped was for RnB fans. Back To Basics was soul and Bionic was Electronic fans. So that leaves lotus. This is for pure pop fans. The lyrics are undeniably well thought out. Auto-tune is used for effect, not for vocal help (we only hear auto-tune on "Lotus Intro". No where else!). The reason why reviews were so bad is probably towards "self-help" lyrics. But this is what it's about. She stated it was a Fighter-esque record. Now why do you guys act so surprised?
    Highlights:

Lows:
    Circles
    Empty Words
  13. Nov 22, 2012
    With amazing vocals, this album will make you dance, cry, reflect and inspire!
    Highlight for "Sing for me", "Your Body", "Best Of Me", "Army of Me" and "Blank Page.
  14. Nov 21, 2012
    Couldn't be more excited for Lotus. So many gems, this album is amazing and I hope X is in full promo/artist mode because it can do so well. I have been playing it non-stop since it leaked and even more after I bought it!
  15. Nov 21, 2012
    This album is flawless. Most of the tracks are fun and up-tempo while others are emotional and touching. Both type of songs are flawless here. Even the "generic" tracks are amazing and beyond perfect because she brings talent to the songs as well. I love the album, definitely my favorite from year 2012 and not only. Great job, Christina Aguilera!
  16. Nov 19, 2012
    this is one of the best album Christina Aguilera has made since 2006's back to Basics. She has changed her evolution to keep up with all these other auto tuned artists but her vocals stand out from each track.
  17. Nov 17, 2012
    Lotus es un album multifacetico tal y como lo es Christina Aguilera, por lo mismo es un album que entretiene, podemos encontrar desde baladas hasta pop/rock, para cuando estes sentimental o tengas mucha energia... sin duda es un album que lo puedes escuchar y disfrutar sin importar tu estado de animo, hay una cancion para cada momento!
  18. Nov 16, 2012
    Lotus is his best album since Stripped. Ok, Back To Basics was great, but does not have the variety of sounds and songs that express different emotions as does Lotus. Let There Be Love is a perfect song to dance, I think this song is your song more danceable. Blank Page is a masterpiece, I have no words to describe it. Army Of Me is a powerful song with great lyrics. Just a Fool is a very emotional song dedicated to broken hearts. A perfect song when you miss someone. Other songs with great lyrics are Ceaser Fire, Empty Words, Sing For Me and Best Of Me. Make the World Move and Red Hot Kinda Of Love are the most fun songs on the album. Shut Up and Circles are perfect for Haters. For me it is a great album with great songs that could be singles. Expand
  19. Nov 16, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Lotus describes Aguilera´s feelings. It´s mature and show us why Xtina is the voice of our generation. Talent don´t need to sell millions of opy worldwide, but she deserve everything she had. A gift. #Lotus rise Expand
  20. Nov 16, 2012
    What to speak of this album? He is simply amazing!! Xtina always brings quality to your album and Lotus was no different. Army of Me is sensational! Blank Page is sweet and exciting!! Surely one of the best albums of the Year
  21. Nov 16, 2012
    Lotus is a strong album of wonderful songs!! Xtina's vocal with more powerful than ever. Lotus is perfectly composed and produced, deserves all the success in the world.
  22. Nov 16, 2012
    Love Let There Be Love, Army Of Me, Just A Fool, Lotus Intro, Your Body, Shut Up, Sing For Me and Make The World Move. Christina Aguilera is amazing.
  23. Nov 15, 2012
    Album incredible, strong songs, the best we can offer for Xtina fans who already admire and for new fans that may arise over time. A blend of good compositions combined the powerful voice of the generation!!!
  24. Nov 15, 2012
    Album incredible, strong songs, the best we can offer for Xtina fans who already admire and for new fans that may arise over time. A blend of good compositions combined the powerful voice of the blonde.
  25. Nov 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Lotus is an album of multiple layers where we identify the essence of aguilera, she navigates her comfort zone without much pretension and without ceasing to be pop.
    Lotus is a great album where every song we heard the eternal christina that captivated us since the stripped. The album is very diverse covering various styles, Inspiring songs like Army of Me and Sing for Me, the mid temps Your body and thebe Let love be giving a cheer on the album, the incredible Blanck Page that shows all the potential of singer besides their vulnerability.
    Christina Shows all its fury in Circles, with stretches: sit and spin on my middle finger, **** sings with aggressive vocals Cease Fire making a plea for peace.
    Makes a rant in Best Of Me, shows his country roots in Just a Fool.
    back to basics but once in Make the World Move, fun and different risks in Red hot kinda Love produced by Lucas Secon.
    Generally Lotus is good pop album, and with very good commercial potential to hit, is well diversified beyond what one can not compare them to previous works of the same.
    Aguilera said as own lotus is its revival, its reflection ..
  26. Nov 15, 2012
    Lotus is a wonderful album. Christina honestly did a great job in her new comeback, of course! The best song is "Cease Fire". It's a great meaning between war and love. When I heard "Lotus Intro" for the first time, I felt like I was in heaven. No doubt, Lotus is by far the best album of the year.
  27. Nov 15, 2012
    Lotus definitely is the best album pop of the year! Sing 4 Me and Blank Page is the most beautiful balad of Lotus.. Army of Me and Cease Fire is POWER. Let There Be Love is awesome.. OMG, this albums so **** good! Xtina always made it the best!!! Legendtina is BACK!
  28. Nov 15, 2012
    So i just bought Christina's album, and i might say it's a solid comeback from what might be consider the best voice of the pop generation. It sounds current, this is, it accompanies well the evolution of pop music, still having maintaining that Aguilera signature, that puts her album on top of every single one of those remaining current pop artists. This is definitely one of christina's best albums and it somehow takes back to "Stripped", where the focal point was conveying a message and all about self empowerment and the idea that we are not alone, and we all go through the same problems. It's relatable, it's musically inspired, and on top of that, it dabbles into country and r & B with 2 incredible duets with fellows "the voice" members Cee-lo Green and Blake Shelton, which are in my personal opinion, two of the best tracks in the album. I say this is one of the best albums i've heard in awhile. Strongly recommend it Expand
  29. Nov 15, 2012
    Christina Aguilera is the best vocalist in the world and she shows it in this studio album. This record, LOTUS, is a masterpiece. Every single track could be released as a single. Army Of Me, Sing For Me, Blank Page, all the songs have a special message. Christina' vocals and instrumental are amazing, I will recommend LOTUS to all people.
  30. Nov 15, 2012
    is much better than Bionic and it's soooo smooth,but what i most wish is if ca could loss her weightl lol but i'm still so happy to see XTINA BACK LOL LOTUS RISE!

1. Dec 11, 2012
    Nothing really stands out like the best thing here, Make The World Move, featuring fellow Voice Judge, Cee-Lo Green. [Jan 2013, p.101]
  2. Nov 27, 2012
    This might not be the golden, triumphant comeback Aguilera had hoped for, but it's pretty close and, let's face it, it's better than most Top 40 music right now.
  3. Nov 20, 2012
    This vitriol-tsunami of a record misses a chance to connect Aguilera's music with her warm, empathetic TV presence.