Loud - Rihanna
7.0

Review this album

1. Nov 17, 2010
    Wow, Im shocked at these reviews, Not too shocked because Critics Overrate & Underrate thing all the time. Poor Rihanna, She thought she could pull off another Bâ
  2. Nov 17, 2010
    Honestly Loud doesn't compare to GGGB or Rated R, total letdown. I don't understand the appeal of this album at all. I like Rihanna but these songs ain't cutting it.
  3. Aug 19, 2011
    A good album with tons of hits. What's my name is my favorite, followed by Love the Way You Lie. Some of the songs are filler though like Complicated and Fading.
  4. Nov 25, 2010
    "Loud" was a mistake in comparison with Good Girl Gone Bad and Rated R. The only track who was good was Love The Way You Lie (Pt. II). And when Rihanna said: "I wanted songs that were all Rihanna songs, that nobody else could do. I didn't want the generic pop record that Ke$ha or Lady Gaga or Katy Perry could just do..." that shows that she thinks she's better that the three artists. And that egomania it showed in Only Girl (In the World). There are not Rihanna songs, they will be if she wrote or co-wrote it. Forgettable Expand
  5. Nov 27, 2010
    Didn't Rihanna say she didn't want to make "generic pop records"? Well, she failed terribly. Such a boring, unoriginal album. Nothing special, really. There are some tracks that are decent but, well, they're forgettable. I've already forgotten what they're called and how they go. "Only Girl" has nice music, but Rihanna kills it by completely screaming the chorus, which is uncomfortable to hear. Also, she needs to stop singing songs about how she likes rough men and getting hurt. First there was Russian Roulette, Rude Boy and Love the Way You Lie, and now there's songs like S&M, which I hear will be a single. My God, she really seems to like it rough, doesn't she? Expand
  6. Jan 2, 2011
    Although the album isn't awful, it sure as heck isn't up to Rihanna's standards. Most of the tracks act as fillers for the occasional good song, with exceptions being Only Girl (In the World), What's My Name, and Raining Men. With these excluded, the album would just be a bland mess of white noise. An overall failure by my evaluation.
  7. Mar 24, 2012
    To me, LOUD is Rihanna's weakest effort since she got into mainstream music (not counting "Music of the Sun" and "A Girl Like Me"). After the great album that was "Rated R" is was expecting her to maintain her level of involvement in the making of the record, but she completely step out of it instead. She just relied on the help of "Stargate" and other usual collaborators to create her the album obvious hits: "Only Girl (in the World)" and "S&M". She was lucky to make the extremely average song "What's my Name?" a success. The rest of the album is forgettable, except for the curious "Man Down". It is just (which is unforgivable given the medium quality of it's songs) but also rides on the success of "Love the Way You Lie" with not only one, but two versions of a "second part". It is incomprehensible to me how could this album be more successful than "Rated R" or her more recent "Talk That Talk". Publicity must really play a bigger role than I thought in her career.

Highlights: Only Girl (in the World), S&M, Man Down
  8. Duu
    May 22, 2013
    There are only 3 good songs on this album and the rest is filler. The good songs are S&M, What's My Name, and Only Girl (In the World). None of these songs are unforgettable, even though Only Girl the most solid song among the three worth listening to.

1. Jan 13, 2011
    While each track on Loud is an audio Polaroid of past work, there's little evolution. It's evident Rihanna is working her way to the top, but she's been doing that for three albums now.
  2. Dec 13, 2010
    At a brief 47 minutes, though, it's hard to see Rihanna fans walking away from Loud thinking she's anything other than the coolest girl in her field.
  3. Nov 30, 2010
    The record's best moments aim low rather than loud, with spacious, skittery beats that let loose Rihanna's Caribbean cadence.