Loud - Rihanna
6.9

Review this album

1. Mar 23, 2014
    Rihanna's best album, and one of my favorite albums ever. Every song is amazing, and she made up for her 4th album, "Rated R". The best song is "S&M."
  2. May 31, 2012
    This Is What Pop Music Is!
    Real Vocals Real Music.. No Auto Tune Crap..
    Love This Album One Of The Best Albums Of All Time!
    Best Song: S&M
    Worst Song: None
  3. Jan 27, 2011
    After Rihanna's "Rated R' and transformation, I was looking forward to the albums release. I received this album for christmas and tracks such as "S&M', "What's My Name", and Only GIrl (In the World) are enough to get any party started. I was dissapointed though to find out that Rihanna did not write or co-write any of the tracks on the album. Still this album is quite good and should be listened to. Expand
  4. May 23, 2011
    I was disappointment not because it's a bad album - it's actually really very good - but because it didn't even begin to compare to Rated R. Rated R was bold, dark and exciting whereas Loud can more easily be put in the RNB bucket bin.
  5. Mar 24, 2013
    One Of The Best Album Of All Time! Every Single Song Is Perfection Beyond!
  6. Nov 26, 2010
    Rihanna's Loud is probably a combination of her albums. The Caribbean music is present in some songs. The dance-hall/club music is the main element of each songs. R&B music is present in her ballads. Lastly, Love the Way You Lie (Part II) is a 'Rated R' song. I conclude that Rihanna combine all her album into one to produce an artistic and commercial success CD.
  7. Feb 5, 2013
    This is one of Rihanna's shorter albums but it also happens to be one of her best as I felt it delievred the best singles. All the songs bring their own little something to the album and it even has Rihanna's own take on the Enimem smash 'Love The Way You Lie'.
  8. May 26, 2011
    The album is ok, but she could have done much better - especially after "Good Girl Gone Bad" and "Rated R". Some of the tracks are good, but there is no evolution whatsoever.
  9. Feb 4, 2012
    Overall (In My Opinion) Rihanna's Best Album!
    Love You And Ur Music!
  10. Sep 24, 2011
    I like this album. Rihanna stepped her game up with this. Sounds like a pop album, hit songs. wish it was more than 11 but oh well. Skin is my favorite song.
  11. May 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Incrível. Um Ano Após O Quarto Album "Rated R" Rihanna Conseguiu Cancões Muito Boas Na Maioria.
    Top Do Loud.
    1-What's My Name
    2-Cheers (Drink To That)
    3-California King Bed
    4-Fading
    5-Only Girl (In The World)
  12. Mar 28, 2012
    After the complicated and amazing "Rated R" Rihanna, with "Loud", returns to the world of the simple pop, dance and R&B music. "Loud" is Rihanna fifth studio album and for the fifth time Rihanna changed her character for her album. With a simply and engaging music "Loud" is perfect for dance on the Dance Floor in an amazing night. ( sorry for my English )
  13. Apr 28, 2013
    This album is such a complete party. But I think some songs in this cd have more harmony and dancing than the singles. "Man Down" is boring, "Complicated" or "Skin" can replace this single, I think. But, in general, the album isn't so bad, I just think that a little more of work can transform this in something far better.
  14. Nov 25, 2010
    "Loud" was a mistake in comparison with Good Girl Gone Bad and Rated R. The only track who was good was Love The Way You Lie (Pt. II). And when Rihanna said: "I wanted songs that were all Rihanna songs, that nobody else could do. I didn't want the generic pop record that Ke$ha or Lady Gaga or Katy Perry could just do..." that shows that she thinks she's better that the three artists. And that egomania it showed in Only Girl (In the World). There are not Rihanna songs, they will be if she wrote or co-wrote it. Forgettable Expand
  15. Duu
    May 22, 2013
    There are only 3 good songs on this album and the rest is filler. The good songs are S&M, What's My Name, and Only Girl (In the World). None of these songs are unforgettable, even though Only Girl the most solid song among the three worth listening to.
  16. Aug 30, 2013
    Serving as a lighthearted return to pop for Rihanna, Loud boasts salacious and provocative lyrics that offer more than gimmicks of "S-E-X". The perfection however lies in that this album was carefully calculated to the point of being front-loaded. The latter third of the album weighs down the pacing, and scrapes the bottom of the pop barrel (the same flaw with her third album, Good Girl Gone Bad.) Expand
  17. Nov 17, 2010
    While not her best album stylistically, the concept of the album is good and while the content may not be completely original, she is supplied with plenty of hooks and good beats. Tracks such as What's My Name, Cheers, and Only seem directed straight for the club and even the ballads hold some metallic rhythm. Her best vocal performances however lie in her ballads, California King Bed and her stripped down version of Love the Way You Lie. Nicki Minaj, Drake and Eminem make some noteworthy cameos on the album, but Rihanna takes center stage with her vocal performances. Solid album. Expand
  18. Nov 22, 2010
    Rihanna's 5th album proves to me that she has great vocals, and she is able to sell records. The downfalls of the album though are the tracks "Only Girl (In The World)", and "Cheers (Drink to That)". Another low on the album is "California King Bed". Corny lyrics, and vocals that prove she can sing, we know that. We get the picture. Give us something else to work with.
  19. Nov 23, 2010
    Vocally, it's what pop music should sound like with some R&B and rap-infused tracks. It's up to par with her other albums if not better in that regards. Emotionally, it's happy, sensual, provocative, and some tracks have some angst. But ultimately it's excellent at conveying her feelings. But it lacks the fire or the passion and the content, is just repetitive, cliched, corny. And I can't insert the "e actue" symbol without code-writing errors. Oh well. Expand
  20. Nov 27, 2010
    Didn't Rihanna say she didn't want to make "generic pop records"? Well, she failed terribly. Such a boring, unoriginal album. Nothing special, really. There are some tracks that are decent but, well, they're forgettable. I've already forgotten what they're called and how they go. "Only Girl" has nice music, but Rihanna kills it by completely screaming the chorus, which is uncomfortable to hear. Also, she needs to stop singing songs about how she likes rough men and getting hurt. First there was Russian Roulette, Rude Boy and Love the Way You Lie, and now there's songs like S&M, which I hear will be a single. My God, she really seems to like it rough, doesn't she? Expand
  21. Feb 20, 2011
    This album is quite good. There are some great songs in this album (Cheers (Drink To That), Love The Way You Lie Part 2 (feat. Eminem) but it still isn't the best album ever. Still, definitely worth a listen.
  22. Nov 23, 2010
    An average album compared to the rest of her work. This was one of my most anticipated albums and was not pleased in the end. The tracks are quite forgettable and boring at times. Very disappointed by this album. I expected so much more. However, Rihanna has shown some growth as a vocalist, with the welcomed improvements on her vocals on songs like Complicated, California King Bed, and Love The Way You Lie (Part II). Favorite Track: 'What's My Name' (ft. Drake). Least Favorite Track: S&M. Expand
  23. Nov 19, 2010
    Load is all about Rihanna's fighting side. It shows her rage and anger. My advice is to go and buy the album regardless of very few negative reviews.
  24. Dec 1, 2012
    This album is a unique pop album and seems like a effortless one-off. Rihanna goes a little back to her Carribean roots with songs like 'Man Down', 'Cheers' and 'What's My Name?' and also ploughs in a new musical direction, Overall the album is colourful and is like a bright day down at the beaches. Good On You Rihanna
  25. Mar 24, 2012
    To me, LOUD is Rihanna's weakest effort since she got into mainstream music (not counting "Music of the Sun" and "A Girl Like Me"). After the great album that was "Rated R" is was expecting her to maintain her level of involvement in the making of the record, but she completely step out of it instead. She just relied on the help of "Stargate" and other usual collaborators to create her the album obvious hits: "Only Girl (in the World)" and "S&M". She was lucky to make the extremely average song "What's my Name?" a success. The rest of the album is forgettable, except for the curious "Man Down". It is just (which is unforgivable given the medium quality of it's songs) but also rides on the success of "Love the Way You Lie" with not only one, but two versions of a "second part". It is incomprehensible to me how could this album be more successful than "Rated R" or her more recent "Talk That Talk". Publicity must really play a bigger role than I thought in her career.

Highlights: Only Girl (in the World), S&M, Man Down
  26. Dec 17, 2010
    Rihanna showed a different side to her on this album and it definitely paid off. It can be seen as a 'fun' album and theres no harm in that. For those that doubted that she could sing, i think theyve been proved wrong after listening to some of the vocals. Very good album from Rihanna.
  27. Jan 2, 2011
    Although the album isn't awful, it sure as heck isn't up to Rihanna's standards. Most of the tracks act as fillers for the occasional good song, with exceptions being Only Girl (In the World), What's My Name, and Raining Men. With these excluded, the album would just be a bland mess of white noise. An overall failure by my evaluation.
  28. Jul 6, 2013
    Although "Good Girl Gone Bad" is album that Rihanna is best known for, it was "Loud" that established her as a pop and R&B diva and one of the biggest hit-makers on the world (and my favourite singer). Singles like "Only Girl (In The World)", "What's My Name" and "S&M" became the biggest hits of both 2010 and 2011. Reggae inspired "Man Down", vulnerable rock ballad "California King Bed" (smash hits in Europe) and sensual 5 minutes of heaven called "Skin" are some of the best songs Rihanna have ever made. She also improved her vocal abilities on songs lik "Complicated" or "Love The Way You Lie II". During the promotion of the album she collaborated with some of the biggest names in the music industry like: Guetta, Drake, Eminem, Minaj and even the pop princess Britney Spears. It truly deserves this rating.

29. Nov 6, 2013
    Her best album, DEFINITELY. The chorus are explosive, and she mixed many rhythms together, and they're all good. After Rated R, I think she put in a record multiple hits. Congratulations, Riri!

1. Jan 13, 2011
    While each track on Loud is an audio Polaroid of past work, there's little evolution. It's evident Rihanna is working her way to the top, but she's been doing that for three albums now.
  2. Dec 13, 2010
    At a brief 47 minutes, though, it's hard to see Rihanna fans walking away from Loud thinking she's anything other than the coolest girl in her field.
  3. Nov 30, 2010
    The record's best moments aim low rather than loud, with spacious, skittery beats that let loose Rihanna's Caribbean cadence.