Love? - Jennifer Lopez
5.5

Review this album

1. May 5, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This album surprised me, do not think Jennifer Lopez would make an album so cool. All her previous albums I did not like and not like it even more this has improved greatly. I do not know what gives the head of these people give a mixed note for this CD if Jennifer has evolved considerably. 9.0 Expand
  2. May 5, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Don't listen to what the critics are saying about this album. This album is probably one of JLo's best works and it offers something for everyone: ballads, high energy techno songs, hip hop influenced tracks and more. It's updated for today's generation and shows that this chick has still got the mojo after all these years. The album even features songs produced by Lady Gaga and Rihanna (in the deluxe edition) which are really good as well. If you're still hesitating, give this album a try, you will not regret it. Expand
  3. Jun 30, 2011
    This album is mediocre she should be able to make a descent album by now. It has some highlights like "On The Floor" but other than that this album is just another pop record with no substance.
  4. May 28, 2011
    Definitely her best album ever, songs more rythmic and radio friendly, much better than her three previous ones, thank God she left the stupid hip hop sound.
  5. Apr 19, 2012
    I thoroughly enjoyed the album! I'm not understanding why fans/critics aren't enjoying it. The album shows a new side of Jennifer that includes elements of dance/dubstep and techno. Standout tracks on the record are "What Is Love?", "Until It Beats No More", "Papi", "One Love", and "Hypnotico", especially "Hypnotice"..Such a fun, dancy album :)
  6. Jun 19, 2011
    "Love?" has been the only album I've really been hanging out for this year, and let me tell you, it was worth it. I've been loving every song since the album came out. A must have.
  7. May 21, 2011
    this whole album sucks especially 'on the floor' . they keep over playing that stupid song on the radio. what ever happened to creative lyrics? if not for Pitt Bull this song would be pure garbage, but i guess if you have the money to throw away anyone could make crappy songs with stupid lyrics, here we go if you are from Havana get on the floor, if you like green banana get on the floor, if you are from New Jersey got on the floor, if you speak in Italian get the floor, if you paid for this album get on the floor, drop this crappy CD on the floor, now stomp on the floor, stomp on the floor stomp on the floor, on the floor on the floor, on the floor!!!! Expand
  8. May 23, 2011
    Wow, I am very shocked to see the ratings of this album. I have to say that it is much better than the Brave album, but it has lower scores. It is clearly one of her best albums, if not the best.
  9. Nov 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This album is just AWESOME, Jennifer Lopez definetly did a great job and Love? has a lot of fantastic musics and great vocals. On the Floor is one of the best dance musics of the year, Until It Beats no More is beautiful. I loved it. Expand
  10. Nov 16, 2011
    Sure, it's okay for pop to copy paste a good song from the 50s and mix it with a **** generic dance beat. Great music. So deep. Especially the part where she writes her own musi - OH WAIT. Please don't buy this. Instead, look up Koama- Lambada and show more respect of original good music than J-Lo apparently does.
  11. Jul 23, 2013
    The best J Lo album yet! Keep em coming J Lo! I love ya! The highlights are: On The Floor, Papi, Good Hit, I'm into You, What is Love, and Run The World. I recommend this album to any fan of her and haters can go back to their holes!
  12. Jan 18, 2012
    She couldn't get over her best musically work "Brave" or her vocally best work "Como Ama Una Mujer" but it isa great pop music album. It has some of everything, it has some dance-pop tracks, latin influences, hip-hip and r&b influences which are so common on J.Lo's work. I have never liked the idea of her working with RedOne but I think he is an ok producer now. The only filler on the album is Run The World for the rest is amazing. Expand
  13. Mar 25, 2012
    I don't like this album a lot, I think that she made better CDs in the past. We can found good hits in this album like "On the Floor" or "Papi" but i don't like the biggest part of the songs. I hope that in future she'll make good album like her first CDs, not like this. ( sorry for my English )
  14. May 2, 2014
    Best comeback album EVER! With a SMASH hit like On the foor and some of the best production i've heard in a while! I'm into you, Good Hit and Invading my mind are pure masterpieces! But great vocals and lyrics in songs like Starting over and What is love really make this album stand out!
  15. Dec 15, 2011
    Jennifer Lopez is back finally to the dancefloor! Jennifer delivers great simple tunes that are just to dance, while offering other more personal love tracks, variety is here present. Some call it, typical pop, while I call it how true pop dance should be. Jennifer doesnâ
  16. Jul 22, 2012
    "Papi" and "On the Floor" are the clear standouts in the album. But overall, the whole album is inconsistent, there are good tracks and there are mediocre tracks. The two standout songs really lifted the whole album. But I'm still looking for the consistency of the whole album, that's why I only gave a 6............
  17. May 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The album is good, some of the stand out tracks are "I'm into You" "Papi" and "Hypnotico" Get these songs and maybe not the whole album. Expand
  18. May 25, 2011
    Jennifer Lopez comeback could have been much better crafted, some catchy tunes, some mid tempo ballads, dancey tracks. But as i listened i didnt feel much work was put into this, even though it took her 2 years to create it. "On the Floor" "Papi" "Starting Over" are the albums highlights, the deluxe edition bonus track "Charge Me Up" is a track that should have been in the standard version, because of its unique techno sound. Overall, a good album but could have been better Expand
  19. May 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This album was good, not to shabby. Some of the songs I personally like like "On the floor" and "Hypnotico". It also had a great party vibe in the album and might be the best album from Jennifer Lopez. Expand
  20. Jul 4, 2011
    To me, Love? is like Boring! On the Floor although managed to peak #3 on the Hot 100, I'm Into You didn't have enough power to make this album go nuts about, i give it a 4 out 10 because i find some tracks boring and unoriginal.
  21. Jul 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Almost every track on this record was produced by RedOne, Danja, or Tricky. You would figure with the titans of dance and hip-hop production behind her, this would make it one of the greatest records in years. Fortunately, its not the production. The lyrics, on the other hand, fail hard enough to convince listeners that any Disney channel star should be in line ahead of Lopez for the Hall of Fame.

Songs like "Until It Beats No More" and "Starting Over" border Emo, with lyrics like "I was fading but you pulled me through. I was hurt, thought I died [...]" [Until It Beats No More] and "I can feel it getting colder, I'm afraid of starting over" [Starting Over]. The only aspect of these songs that's listenable is the production by Radio and Danja, respectively.

The upbeat tracks like "Papi" also fail miserably. It would be wonderful to say that "Papi" always makes you dance but half-way through the second verse it may dawn on you that you're singing along to what sounds like a page out of pre-Women's Rights era America, a time when women were considered not only less intelligent but useless outside of the home. "Hypnotico" and "Invading My Mind" were contributions co-written by Lady Gaga; songs that clearly could not have made a Gaga record, but apparently inspired Lopez to see if she could get some attention by mimicking the sound. Few, if any, of the dance tracks are worth dancing too, but may make wonderful features to an aerobics DVD.

Not every song feels like a bullet was taken to the concept of good music though. Lopez recounts her prior relationships on the track, "One Love"; this one song is the closest thing to a sincere song about love on the whole record. [This may be why there's a question mark appended to the word in the album's title? Was Lopez, herself, unsure that the album discussed the concept of love in any realistic way?]

What was cited as the biggest comeback for Mrs. Lopez ultimately falls flat on its face. Of the 16 songs that make up this record, only five received a score from me of 6 or higher. The standout track remains the album's first single, "On the Floor", which gave Lopez her first Top 5 hit in nearly 8 years. Follow-up single, "I'm Into You", has peaked at #72 on the Hot 100 and quickly fell before the video for it premiered. Although the production is some of the best money can buy, it seems that 90 cents of every dollar was spent there while only 10 cents went to the actual writers.

Overall, noteworthy songs include first single "On the Floor", "(What Is) Love?", "One Love", andâ
  22. Feb 11, 2012
    There are only a few great tracks, the other are fillers. One of the things that save this album from flopping hard is RedOne's magnificent job... I think she should just focus on American Idol for now, and when she has some free time work on another record.
  23. Jun 1, 2012
    A Really Big Step Up For JLO!
    I 100% Hate All Her Other Albums But This Album Is So Catchy And Fun And Really Show's JLO Is Really A True Singer!
    One Of The Best Albums Of 2011!
  24. Mar 26, 2013
    álbum bom, porem deixa desejar em varias caracteres, ele fica chato quando se escuta de mais por isto da critica mista,mas os picos do álbum fazem você dançar muito!
  25. Aug 6, 2013
    This album is trash. She tried to be like Britney Spears and she failed. It's basically the same beat even on the ballads. Jennifer Lopez ahold really stick to movies.
  26. Aug 25, 2014
    Lopez's promise with catchy lyrics and #1 songs tries to masquerade the fact that the album has nothing either relevant or intelligent to celebrate. All we can really notice, after a dancefloor-stuck brouhaha, is that she and her unnecessarily canonized guests did party a whole awful lot.
  27. Jun 3, 2014
    A great album and the best comeback. OTF was a massive hit and i'm still jamming this song. I'm Into You, What Is love, One Love, Hypnotico are masterpieces.
  28. Jun 17, 2014
    Love is a great album full of Pop records. It's not R&B friendly like her previous albums, but delivers a few memorable tracks like the anthem "On The Floor" and the Lady Gaga written track "Hypnotico".
    Other highlights are "I'm Into You" and "Starting Over".

1. May 10, 2011
    In general, though, Love? is as vague and unfocused as its titular inquiry suggests, a musical shrug that seems to mean even less to Lopez than it will to listeners.
  2. May 10, 2011
    An average album over produced, Love? has Lopez throwing everything she's got at relaunching her pop career and coming up shorter than anyone could ever have thought possible.
  3. May 4, 2011
    Given her promotion to the Paula Abdul seat on American Idol, there's a distinct irony in having the first sounds on Jennifer Lopez's Love? all twisted through a vocoder: she may be judging the pop purity of legions of hopeful singers, but even she can't resist the siren call of the computer.