Love? - Jennifer Lopez
5.3

Review this album

1. Aug 6, 2013
    This album is trash. She tried to be like Britney Spears and she failed. It's basically the same beat even on the ballads. Jennifer Lopez ahold really stick to movies.
  2. Nov 16, 2011
    Sure, it's okay for pop to copy paste a good song from the 50s and mix it with a **** generic dance beat. Great music. So deep. Especially the part where she writes her own musi - OH WAIT. Please don't buy this. Instead, look up Koama- Lambada and show more respect of original good music than J-Lo apparently does.
  3. Jul 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Almost every track on this record was produced by RedOne, Danja, or Tricky. You would figure with the titans of dance and hip-hop production behind her, this would make it one of the greatest records in years. Fortunately, its not the production. The lyrics, on the other hand, fail hard enough to convince listeners that any Disney channel star should be in line ahead of Lopez for the Hall of Fame.

Songs like "Until It Beats No More" and "Starting Over" border Emo, with lyrics like "I was fading but you pulled me through. I was hurt, thought I died [...]" [Until It Beats No More] and "I can feel it getting colder, I'm afraid of starting over" [Starting Over]. The only aspect of these songs that's listenable is the production by Radio and Danja, respectively.

The upbeat tracks like "Papi" also fail miserably. It would be wonderful to say that "Papi" always makes you dance but half-way through the second verse it may dawn on you that you're singing along to what sounds like a page out of pre-Women's Rights era America, a time when women were considered not only less intelligent but useless outside of the home. "Hypnotico" and "Invading My Mind" were contributions co-written by Lady Gaga; songs that clearly could not have made a Gaga record, but apparently inspired Lopez to see if she could get some attention by mimicking the sound. Few, if any, of the dance tracks are worth dancing too, but may make wonderful features to an aerobics DVD.

Not every song feels like a bullet was taken to the concept of good music though. Lopez recounts her prior relationships on the track, "One Love"; this one song is the closest thing to a sincere song about love on the whole record. [This may be why there's a question mark appended to the word in the album's title? Was Lopez, herself, unsure that the album discussed the concept of love in any realistic way?]

What was cited as the biggest comeback for Mrs. Lopez ultimately falls flat on its face. Of the 16 songs that make up this record, only five received a score from me of 6 or higher. The standout track remains the album's first single, "On the Floor", which gave Lopez her first Top 5 hit in nearly 8 years. Follow-up single, "I'm Into You", has peaked at #72 on the Hot 100 and quickly fell before the video for it premiered. Although the production is some of the best money can buy, it seems that 90 cents of every dollar was spent there while only 10 cents went to the actual writers.

Overall, noteworthy songs include first single "On the Floor", "(What Is) Love?", "One Love", andâ
  4. Jul 4, 2011
    To me, Love? is like Boring! On the Floor although managed to peak #3 on the Hot 100, I'm Into You didn't have enough power to make this album go nuts about, i give it a 4 out 10 because i find some tracks boring and unoriginal.
  5. May 21, 2011
    this whole album sucks especially 'on the floor' . they keep over playing that stupid song on the radio. what ever happened to creative lyrics? if not for Pitt Bull this song would be pure garbage, but i guess if you have the money to throw away anyone could make crappy songs with stupid lyrics, here we go if you are from Havana get on the floor, if you like green banana get on the floor, if you are from New Jersey got on the floor, if you speak in Italian get the floor, if you paid for this album get on the floor, drop this crappy CD on the floor, now stomp on the floor, stomp on the floor stomp on the floor, on the floor on the floor, on the floor!!!! Expand

1. May 10, 2011
    In general, though, Love? is as vague and unfocused as its titular inquiry suggests, a musical shrug that seems to mean even less to Lopez than it will to listeners.
  2. May 10, 2011
    An average album over produced, Love? has Lopez throwing everything she's got at relaunching her pop career and coming up shorter than anyone could ever have thought possible.
  3. May 4, 2011
    Given her promotion to the Paula Abdul seat on American Idol, there's a distinct irony in having the first sounds on Jennifer Lopez's Love? all twisted through a vocoder: she may be judging the pop purity of legions of hopeful singers, but even she can't resist the siren call of the computer.