Love Lust Faith + Dreams - 30 Seconds to Mars
6.3

Review this album

1. May 21, 2013
    I think this album is great. I mean every song is amazing its a different direction and I'm in love with it. Each song on the album is versatile and you'll never get bored.
  2. May 21, 2013
    Great album, so different and original. For the most part, it is a minimalistic record, so not everybody will like it. Just ridiculous those critics talking about Jordan Catalano.
  3. May 22, 2013
    This album is somewhat different then their last album but that's as expected because they change and give something new from each album. If you like their early released song from the album "Up In The Air" you will more then likely like the album a lot. I've been a 30 Seconds to Mars fan since their first album and while this isn't their best album it sure is great overall if you're a fan.
  4. May 22, 2013
    great album,i say it is quiet different from their previous works,less scream vocals,less hard rock,but it's still a fantastic album,songs including northern lights end of all days etc are great..
  5. May 23, 2013
    Love Lust Faith Dreams is a great piece of art,it has its own characteristics while still delivers the epicness that is out of this world. The band is brave enough to take this direction,and they've done that well beyond expectations. This is not their best album,but by far,it's their most unique yet. That's saying a lot, because Thirty Seconds to Mars has always been a band that embraces challenges. Expand
  6. Oct 19, 2013
    An awesome album. This album has my new fave 30STM song (Do Or Die) and other are just awesome. Do I really need to go on? Just go out and buy the damn thing
  7. Sep 30, 2013
    I just saw 30stm in concert yesterday! Great show!!! A little shorter than i would have liked, but nonetheless, a great show for an amazing album! I love how 30stm has evolved!!!
  8. Dec 26, 2013
    Happy Birthday Jared. I'm never changing the dates again. Sorry if there is typos. I'm running out of time though. I have a real connection with this album on so many levels. -The Battle Scarred Conquistador Birth (9) This is the intro track to the album but I hope Thirty Seconds To Mars doesn't get mad at me for saying that because it kind of is a hybrid between a song and a intro. I really like the bugle horns. They give the song an interesting touch.

Conquistador (9.25) I really connect with this song in alot of ways because of the scar on my neck from certain issues associated with my past and it has always been a battle for me to keep a level head so to speak. This song is really great. It speaks about how our generation is the incoming generation and how it is our duty to promote change in the right way. It also brings up the topic of black and white (ie. yin and yang) with great instrumentals and I really like that.

Up In The Air (9.25) I remember when this single came out and I was itching to hear it for like a week beforehand. I flew to LA last year because a little voice in my head told me to for various reasons. This track means alot to me along with the title of the album Love Lust Faith And Dreams because I went out there for a reason because I needed to follow my dreams and it paid off. This song was change from the old Thirty Seconds To Mars and while I needed to adjust to the new tones of the album, it has really grown on me.

City Of Angels (9.25) I remember when I landed in LA and saw all the mountains for the first time how stimulating to the brain it was. I walked around the city for like two weeks like a crazy person doing a bunch of crazy stuff because I was in the midst of a psychotic episode because that's what the medical professionals said because I am Paranoid Schizophrenic, Bipolar, and Skitzoaffective with Ideations because like 14 doctors have said I am. This song is really great I think because I was lost in the City Of Angels even though I had no real destination. Not to mention it sounds great.

The Race (9) This song to me is deep because my life has been saved for the time being by people who ruined it. The song has a good little tune I think with the electric violins in the background. I love it when the electric guitars hit. This song gets a little higher score because it is correlated with my life.

End Of All Days (9) I think this song is great because it emphasizes the Piano alot in the song. I think it's great that Thirty Seconds To Mars has faith and they emphasize that it is important to them and even though I am male and straight, Jared has great range in his vocals in this song. Jared speaks about the maniac messiah and how love is pain for him and I really relate to that because people are childish.

Pyres of Varanasi (9) This is a really great intro because is has some Arabian overtones to it which was interesting I thought. This intro was used in the Up In The Air music video which was really cool I thought. I assume Thirty Seconds To Mars sat around all day and thought of crazy ideas for it.

Bright Lights (9.25) I think this is the most calming song on the album and it really mellows me out in alot of different ways. I think it is a great accompaniment to City Of Angels. How Jared talks about a new day and a new age really gets me excited for the future of the world if something great happens to get rid of all the corruption and greed. Near the end of the song where Jared sings 'Time to live, time to love,' it really sounds good even though he is a sex icon for the pop culture industry. No Homo.

Do Or Die (9.25) This song has really great builds in the instruments as well as some great lines in the lyrics. My favorite part is when Jared starts singing about Fate and the tempo of the song changes. The music video for this song is really great I think because it promotes the triad and I am Socialist. Even though I think bad things when I see the big group of people. Because I am sick in the head.

Convergence (8.5) This is a great introduction to the Do Or Die music video but I have no idea why they didn't put it in that sequential order for the album. I guess it really doesn't matter because they are the artists and it is an interesting sound. And for the fact they add part of the album title after the end of each of the intros.

Northern Lights (9) I saw in an interview that this was Tomo's favorite song, and it's probably because of the mysterious guitar in the intro. My favorite part of this song is when Jared is talking about a Holy War like he is some sort of zealot or something. He also shows off more range in this piece. No Homo Tomo.

Depuis le Debut (9) I am giving this track a nine because of the joke Thirty Seconds To Mars is playing on their listeners that are male. When he talks about there being blood followed by the nursery music, he is stating that he likes virgins and maybe he has alot of illegitimate children, lol probably not though.

1. Jun 17, 2013
    Giant "woooaaahhs" abound but as with anything frantically chasing arena singalongs, Love Lust Faith + Dreams feels empty in the extreme. [Jul 2013, p.111]
  2. Jun 3, 2013
    30 Seconds to Mars' latest collection is not cloying, expansive yet often economical, approachable without being familiar. [11 May 2013, p.52]
  3. May 23, 2013
    Flawed yet with some redemption, Love Lust Faith + Dreams is a mixed effort.