Lullabies To Paralyze - Queens of the Stone Age
8.6

Review this album

1. May 6, 2011
    classic album 8.9,this is a wonderful albums the lyrics are spot on.a blues experimental type from qotsa.
    good for when your sick of something.i recommend this album ..a true journey
  2. j30
    Sep 4, 2011
    A really good album, but with the departure of Nick Oliveri, the album is missing it's edge.
  3. Dec 10, 2014
    My first impressions of this album comprised mainly of disappointment. Having revisited it several times, I'm still left disappointed but tend to force myself to see the positives as well. After opening their career with a trilogy of outstanding albums where they redefined hard rock, this 4th effort from QOTSA is relatively mild and watered down. Things open nicely with a trio of strongMy first impressions of this album comprised mainly of disappointment. Having revisited it several times, I'm still left disappointed but tend to force myself to see the positives as well. After opening their career with a trilogy of outstanding albums where they redefined hard rock, this 4th effort from QOTSA is relatively mild and watered down. Things open nicely with a trio of strong tracks, the acoustic "This Lullaby" followed by the blistering "Medication" and then lead single "Everybody Knows That Your Insane". From this point on the only real burst of energy we get is on "Little Sister". The rest of the album lacks pace and energy and is generally quite a dull affair, something I never thought I could say about a QOTSA album. "Lullabies" represents a mis-step in an otherwise brilliant career. It's not that its really bad, they just play it so safe and fail to show any bravery in their approach to the material. Almost as if they had blown all their rock energy when making Songs for the Deaf and "Rated R". Expand
  4. Jul 1, 2013
    The Queens of the Stone Age is my all time favorite band. I love almost all of their albums with a burning passion... "almost".
    Lullabies to Paralyze, really, was a large disappointment. To be frank, most of the songs bore me and are not memorable at all (the only exception being Little Sister, which is amazing).
    If you want to get into the QotSA, listen to any of their other albums,

If you want to get into the QotSA, listen to any of their other albums, just not this one.
  5. Nov 22, 2013
    Again, as QOTSA release another album with a completely different sound to any of their others. A lot of my faovurite QOTSA songs are included on this album (Tangled Up In Plaid, Burn The Witch, Little Sister, Someone's In The Wolf) and had the last few songs been as good as the first 3/4s of the album, it really would be a perfect 10.
  6. Oct 24, 2014
    This is a fantastically dark and atmospheric album from QotSA. The album maintains a unique and hypnotic tone that is equal parts dreadful, cocky, and creepy. The musical arrangement is phenomenal with great use of heavily distorted, fuzzy guitar tones and lap steels. This album is quite varied with each song containing it's own unique and memorable take on the Queens sound. An instantThis is a fantastically dark and atmospheric album from QotSA. The album maintains a unique and hypnotic tone that is equal parts dreadful, cocky, and creepy. The musical arrangement is phenomenal with great use of heavily distorted, fuzzy guitar tones and lap steels. This album is quite varied with each song containing it's own unique and memorable take on the Queens sound. An instant classic and an extremely underrated album. Expand

1. The macho posturing can get obnoxious.... That said, anyone looking for a band that can mix and match metal, blues, thrash, punk, psychedelia, and grunge as the mood suits will be floored by Lullabies. [25 Mar 2005, p.70]
  2. It's the tension between Homme's conflicting impulses that pressurizes Lullabies to Paralyze's highest points and accounts for its lows.
    Sounds routine, obscure without much mystery. [Apr 2005, p.124]