8.4

Review this album

1. Nov 14, 2010
    Deep, dark and depressing, everything Cudi promised. Another great album from one of rap's most honest artists, can't wait for the next installment in the series
  2. Apr 28, 2013
    So much emotion in Kid Cudi's lyrics, awesome singing, brilliant production. Simply a masterpiece, best album I have ever heard, can't wait to listen to the next "Man On The Moon" album.
  3. Nov 9, 2010
    Kid Cudi is the best "artist" in rap. Creatively no one, other than Kanye comes close. This album is an improvement over the last one and I really think he's found his sound fully.
  4. Dec 13, 2010
    i think i speak for a lot of cudi fans when i say that this album was everything we expected and more. tracks like, "all along", "mojo so dope" and "marijuana" are nothing short of amazing. cudi uses aspects of both familiarity and a sense of a new cutting-edge style. with a little help from kanye on "erase me", cudi brings energy to the record with this honest and catchy track. ii think i speak for a lot of cudi fans when i say that this album was everything we expected and more. tracks like, "all along", "mojo so dope" and "marijuana" are nothing short of amazing. cudi uses aspects of both familiarity and a sense of a new cutting-edge style. with a little help from kanye on "erase me", cudi brings energy to the record with this honest and catchy track. i encourage everyone to give this album a listen. i can safely say kid cudi is one of the best things that's happened to music in a very long time. Expand
  5. Nov 10, 2010
    A dark, depressing, yet realistic album. Kid Cudi makes you feel his sorrow. He actually makes you moody. No artist has ever touched me then this kid named cudi. He calls himself a wizard for a reason. He lets out all of his stress in his music. His ambitious voice however is what really catches you. Kid Cudi is an unpredictable artist. You'll never know what you can expect from him. He isA dark, depressing, yet realistic album. Kid Cudi makes you feel his sorrow. He actually makes you moody. No artist has ever touched me then this kid named cudi. He calls himself a wizard for a reason. He lets out all of his stress in his music. His ambitious voice however is what really catches you. Kid Cudi is an unpredictable artist. You'll never know what you can expect from him. He is his own genre. No one can replicate this artist. Expand
  6. Nov 11, 2010
    Man On The Moon: The End Of Day is one of my favorite rap albums of all-time, and its sequel "Man On The Moon 2: The Legend of Mr. Rager", lives up to it's predecessor. This album shows the experimental side of Kid Cudi, with this album split up in 5 acts, each act has their own sound and atmosphere. Going from songs about ruling the world, partying and smoking weed, then going through aMan On The Moon: The End Of Day is one of my favorite rap albums of all-time, and its sequel "Man On The Moon 2: The Legend of Mr. Rager", lives up to it's predecessor. This album shows the experimental side of Kid Cudi, with this album split up in 5 acts, each act has their own sound and atmosphere. Going from songs about ruling the world, partying and smoking weed, then going through a depressing downfall, the variety of songs shows the ability that Kid Cudi has in making music. This album is something every listener should experience, and prepare for Kid Cudi to blow your mind in the future.

Kid Cudi's new sound compared to his first album may be a bit different for many listeners, but trust me, it may take more than 1 full of the album, but it's worth it.
  7. Nov 18, 2010
    WOW! This is not just a collection of songs, or dreamy meditations like his first album, this is a fully realized hip hop opera, with a strong story and Narrative. Those looking for bangers or fun poppy weed rap will be saddly put down. This is the story of Cudder, and his downslide from hopeful up and coming celebrity, to drug addiction, suicidal thoughts, and the realization of hisWOW! This is not just a collection of songs, or dreamy meditations like his first album, this is a fully realized hip hop opera, with a strong story and Narrative. Those looking for bangers or fun poppy weed rap will be saddly put down. This is the story of Cudder, and his downslide from hopeful up and coming celebrity, to drug addiction, suicidal thoughts, and the realization of his darker side, Mr. Rager. This album is a masterpiece of artistry, and is so complex that I feel like it will turn away alot of casual fans who flocked to MOM1 due to Make Her Say and of course Day N Nite. There are no pop flavored tracks like that, the closest we get to something like Day N Nite is Maniac, a great track using a St. Vincent Sample, however it is just shy of perfect due to only one verse from Cage and one verse from Cudi, too short, but still great.

Overall as an album this is a masterpiece, i have found my favorite chapters and tracks, but unless you plan on really truly listening to it straight through a few times you may not enjoy it. But once you catch the story, and the reality of a celbrity caught up in fame, drug addiction, girls, and self hatred ; you cannot help but give in to the Rager.

Go buy it now!!
  8. Nov 22, 2010
    Easily my 2nd fav Hip-hop album after Lupe Fiasco The Cool. Each song has a great flow, good beats. The album blends so well from each track. I wasn't disappointed at all =]
  9. Apr 13, 2013
    This is more darker than his first album and doesn't have hit singles like the first album but its still a great album. I give it the same grade I gave the first album I like the artist that is feature on this album, st Vincent If you like e first album you might like this album. This album does have some songs that is radio worthy. I love the style and songwriting
  10. Mar 27, 2011
    Huge fan of the first album. When i heard this the first time there was only one song i really like. But then i played the one i liked and didn't have repeat on, and now i just totally love all the songs. Just takes a litlle getting used to. Kid cudi is the man.
  11. Jun 24, 2013
    This is an amazing album. We get this journey of depression, adventure, darkness and more. All combined into one yet feeling perfectly messed together with intoxicating lyrics and beats.
  12. May 4, 2011
    A great album with of fantastic producing and out-of-the-box raps to combine into a superb album full of spacey and fantastic songs that only Mescudi could compose. While not having any possibility of hitting mainstream, Cudi's world of dark fantasies is presented, and cannot be barred by anyone.
  13. Dec 7, 2012
    Another masterpiece, i don't understand why people here in the UK don't know much about his albums. The album is dark, deep, unique and dives into the times when he was addicted to coke, creating a meaningful piece of his life and carving it into this album. Man on the moon 2 is a true reflection of the artist 'Kid Cudi'.

1. Jan 14, 2011
    In music, the best artists bare their souls and shed light into unknown realities. With Cudi, however, the wounds might still be too deep, since he bemoans his way through the impressive soundtrack and lacks the essence needed to make this project resonate.Life has its ups and downs, but there's no need to implode.
  2. If you're hoping for change here, give up now. Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager is also presented in five acts, and again has no real structure to justify them.
  3. Dec 21, 2010
    Like his debut album, the sequel suffers and shines due to inconsistency. Cudi's strong creative streak leads him to follow through on every idea that crosses his mind, resulting in brilliantly unique moments and lots of stoner stumbles.