MDNA - Madonna
6.5

Review this album

1. Sep 29, 2014
    this album is an electronic paradise coming from the queen of pop, the songs are great, i think this album is an amazing comeback, but what a terrible choice of singles... but well... the album is pretty good
  2. Sep 23, 2014
    Psych! Hello my little Medonsters, it's the true Queen of Pop here. I want to apologize for this garbage I gave you back in 2012. I was a little preoccupied with using a trowel and mortar to even the hills and valleys of my arms and ended up giving easily the worst record of my career. At least you were all sheepish enough to attend my tour (no live singing, no refunds!) and for that I amPsych! Hello my little Medonsters, it's the true Queen of Pop here. I want to apologize for this garbage I gave you back in 2012. I was a little preoccupied with using a trowel and mortar to even the hills and valleys of my arms and ended up giving easily the worst record of my career. At least you were all sheepish enough to attend my tour (no live singing, no refunds!) and for that I am moderately thankful. I hope you all listen to Girl Gone Wild and then take to bashing damn Lady Gaga for me, it's important we destroy the more talented early on so nobody questions my lack thereof. Also, I expect all my fans to begin speaking in English accents immediately. Adieu! Expand
  3. Aug 11, 2014
    MDNA is 100% Madonna's best album. Although this is a less commercially successful album than her others it's a gem. Sadly this album was brushed aside with most critics and fans. Nearly every track I love on this album. My 4 favorite tracks have to be: Gang Bang, Girl Gone Wild, Superstar & I Don't Give A.
  4. Aug 2, 2014
    What the **** is the queen of pop doing? It's true that since Confessions we can't hear a really good music coming from Madonna but MDNA prove to the world that everything that it's bad can be worst. Why she didn't wrote Gaga's name on Give Me All Your Luvin? What age she think she had when recorded Girl Gone Wild or Gang Bang? Come on, let's be nice and say that Masterpiece (the reallyWhat the **** is the queen of pop doing? It's true that since Confessions we can't hear a really good music coming from Madonna but MDNA prove to the world that everything that it's bad can be worst. Why she didn't wrote Gaga's name on Give Me All Your Luvin? What age she think she had when recorded Girl Gone Wild or Gang Bang? Come on, let's be nice and say that Masterpiece (the really masterpiece in album) saved the album from my 1 or 2 and became Madonna's best ballad since Nothing Really Matters. I said good ballad, not think about Turn Up The Radio.
    Also, MDNA is better than Hard Candy but come on, it can't be worse that the sweet-trash album.
  5. Jul 19, 2014
    Some great great songs on this. Highlights being "Gang Bang", "Some Girls", "Love Spent" & "Falling Free", (all coincidentally the William Orbit tracks). There are a couple of lets downs, ("Superstar" & "B-Day Song"), but the rest of the album is so good, I can't bring my score down because of a couple of half-assed fillers. Considering 14 of the 16 songs are decent. I'll break it down:Some great great songs on this. Highlights being "Gang Bang", "Some Girls", "Love Spent" & "Falling Free", (all coincidentally the William Orbit tracks). There are a couple of lets downs, ("Superstar" & "B-Day Song"), but the rest of the album is so good, I can't bring my score down because of a couple of half-assed fillers. Considering 14 of the 16 songs are decent. I'll break it down:

Girl Gone Wild- 8/10 (It's Great, but too generic to get top marks. It was made for the charts, and that's bad.)

Gang Bang- 10/10 (Perfectly crafted, the gunshots, sirens, F1 cars, all perfectly timed. It fits SO well. As one critic called it, "history's first dancefloor murder ballad," and I couldn't agree more.)

I'm Addicted- 9/10 (Tells it like it is. I do get addicted to this song. I want MORE. But that's why it doesn't get top marks, it's so good and makes me want so much more that I get disappointed at not being able to have it.)

Turn Up The Radio- 8/10 (Critics loved it, and I can see why. It's summery and has a few really cool flicks when it comes to sound, but it's repetitive and after a few listens you'll probably skip it.)

Gimme All Your Luvin'- 8/10 (Some really unique ideas, hard to dislike. It's missing something, but I have no idea what that is. The bridge is great also.)

Some Girls- 10/10 (You need to hear the instrumental [orbitstreamcast - SoundCloud] to really appreciate the perfection of the chords and synths in this song. Unbeatable.)

Superstar- 5/10 (I like the music. Not the singing. Not the lyrics. It's definitely an acquired taste this one.)

I Don't Give A- 10/10 (Once again, it's unique done perfectly. You won't find a song like this, but you won't ever need to.)

I'm A Sinner- 8/10 (This is unique, but it's a bit of a let down when compared to the track before it. Maybe a more strategically placed positioning on the album would do it more justice.)

Love Spent- 10/10 (You don't know whether to dance or cry. The progressiveness is done so perfectly and so subtly you won't even notice. The lyrics are so well put together, and smart ["Frankly if my name was Benjamin"], you won't be able to hate this, no matter what you normally enjoy.)

Masterpiece- 10/10 (I hate ballads, but this I like. For me to like a ballad it has to be extremely good, this track deserved a bit more recognition I think, considering it was a promo single. So the public did hear it.)

Falling Free- 10/10 (Such a nice soothing song. Probably the most underrated of her entire career.)

Beautiful Killer- 9/10 (Lyrics are just OK, but apart from that, not a fault. Reminiscent of "Die Another Day.")

I **** Up- 9/10 (A rare song by Madonna. One where SHE is at fault, and not everyone else. That alone makes it good in my book.)

B-Day Song- 4/10 (Sound like she wrote the lyrics, sang the song, and produced it all inside the one day of her birthday. SO half assed it's almost unlistenable.)

Best Friend- 10/10 (Beautiful Lyrics. Amazing production. Surprisingly well sung. This one really gets to me, and NOTHING gets to me. This alone makes up for the atrocities of B-Day Song and Superstar.)

It really is so sad, that it had to end. ;)
  6. May 28, 2014
    Firstly, I found that Hard Candy (2008) received quite harsh feedback. More surprisingly it was M's fans that were her biggest critics. While it may be my least favourite album she has released it does have some high points (such as Miles Away, Give it 2 me & Devil Wouldn't Recognise you)

In Early 2012 Madonna released her 12th Studio album entitled "MDNA". Some complained about that she was trying to remain relevant and said MDNA was among her worst work while others hailed the album as a return to form and have said its her best music since.. Music (2000)

I found the Electronic beats to be thrilling! Madonna added some much needed emotion to MDNA; anger, love, regret, and sorrow while maintaining her catchy dance beats that she became famous with.

1. Girl Gone Wild- Great opener with an infectious beat and and catchy hook. Sure the song isn't perfect and it doesn't show Madonna's incredible musical talent in writing and production but it shows the Queen still has what it takes to get people dancing! 9/10

2. Gang Bang- The darkest and most explicit song on her album! Gang Bang tells a story of an ex-lover wanting revenge with a dark beat, police sirens, gun shots & Madonna screaming the words "Die **** it's also one of the highlights of the album. 10/10

3. I'm Addicted- This song is an upbeat dance song that channels Daft Punk with their electro-robot sound. Undeniably a great dance song with potential of being a huge club hit. The MDNA chant at the end is incredible!! 8/10

4. Turn Up the Radio- Hmm.. At first I hated this and thought it was a terrible single to represent the album. I didn't understand why people loved it so much but after a few months it really grew on me and has become one of my favourites from MDNA & is ideal for summer! 7/10

5. Give Me All Your Luvin'- Okay a terrible choice of lead single from Madonna, infact I would argue its the worst lead she has ever released in her 30+ year career! I do like the song and i think it's catchy and bubbly but it really doesn't represent the album at all and I think it hindered its sucess! I understand that Madonna needs a song to make an impact on the charts and I feel that this was a bad choice. 6/10

6. Some Girls- Yeah it recievd mixed reviews from the critics and most people I know don't think its great but I LOVE THIS SONG! It's so catchy and the lryics are great. To me it reminds the public how these new stars will NEVER be Madonna. It's sort of a continuation of She's Not Me but with a more electro sound. 9/10

7. Superstar- catchy, bubbly and fun! The lyics are cliché ( 'Brando on the silver screen, you're my hero in a mythical dream')& the song is cheesy but it's fun and reminds me of her early 80's sounds. 6/10

8. I Don't Give A.. - Madonna turns from the fun side to a serious b**ch with attitude! & we love it!! The Queen is clearly making a reference to her divorce from Guy Ritchie with the lyrics 'Wake up ex wife, this is your life' & 'Who’s got custody, Lawyers suck it up. Didn’t have a pre-nup' Madonna shows her tough side! 7/10

9. I'm a sinner- 'I'm a sinner I like it that way!' Madonna exclaims. This is such a fun song which is a crowd pleaser and again shows Madonna's rebellious side with references to her 80's/90's work & her catholic roots. Love the song! 9/10

10. Love Spent- My favourite from the album! This song is beautiful! The opening with the banjo to the bass beats its amazing! love the lyrics and i love her voice. every version i have heard of this song is amazing! The acoustic & MDNA tour versions are stunning and I wish it could have been a Deluxe track! 10/10

11. Masterpiece- such a beautiful ballad that M had recorded for her film WE. So happy that she included this song because her voice sounds so beautiful on it & it helps to give MDNA a softer more vulnerable side. 10/10

12. Falling Free- Another highlight & Another beautiful ballad. Again, I'm happy that she included this because lyrically it's probably the best on the album. With its simple string arrangement the songs is effortlessly brilliant! Madonna hadn't really included a proper ballad on her last 2 albums (Hard Candy & Confessions on a Dance Floor) and they were missed as her ballads are always among her best work!! 10/10

The Deluxe tracks are average at best, and that's coming from a fan! While some acclaim songs such as I Fu**ed up as one of, if not the best song on MDNA I just don’t agree. I think they are good for fans like myslef who want to get a little extra but not for the general listener.

Saying that, "Beautiful Killer" is an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G Track!!! I really wish that it was on the standard version because I love it! The deluxe edition is worth it simply for this track!!

overall, 9/10
  7. Feb 23, 2014
    MDNA rarely has a standout moment, (Addicted and I'm A Sinner are the only two real standouts) and the songs elsewhere from that feel over crowded or just get a little too carried away with themselves (Gang Bang being one), if I'm honest, I think the queen of pop lost her vibe after Confessions on a Dance floor, but it might be more necessary to say she probably lost it after Ray of Light.
  8. Dec 14, 2013
    Não o seu melhor álbum, mas também não o seu pior (porra, vocês já ouviram o Hard Candy????), agressivo, divertido e apesar de soar genérico e clichê algumas vezes, ainda assim um bom álbum, não a obra prima que todos esperavam que fosse, um álbum just ok. Ninguém monta uma carreira inteira com Like a Prayer's e Ray of Light's.
  9. Dec 4, 2013
    The first clue this album was not going to be up to the normal standards was when the subpar first single 'Gimme All Your Luvin' was released. There are some decent tracks to be had but it mostly sounds like the rejects from 2000's "Music".
  10. Dec 1, 2013
    One of the Queen's best... and a fine return to the dance floor after the slightly offbeat 'Hard Candy'. I won't give it a perfect 10 because NIcki Minaj features 2x on here.... and that's 2x too much in my personal opinion. That being said... there's a fun range of pop sounds on here thanks to Martin Solveig, Benny Benassi and the always phenomenal William Orbit. 'MDNA' is definitely anOne of the Queen's best... and a fine return to the dance floor after the slightly offbeat 'Hard Candy'. I won't give it a perfect 10 because NIcki Minaj features 2x on here.... and that's 2x too much in my personal opinion. That being said... there's a fun range of pop sounds on here thanks to Martin Solveig, Benny Benassi and the always phenomenal William Orbit. 'MDNA' is definitely an intriguing listen! Expand
  11. Nov 26, 2013
    American Life was the last sincere Madonna's album, since then seems that the only concern she has is to have a new hit. Since her album, "Confessions on a dance floor", when she came with ABBA's sample in her new single Hung Up, going into Justin Timberlake's help in her album hard candy til now, when se came with Nicki Minaj and her poor rap. The fact is that Madonna became especializedAmerican Life was the last sincere Madonna's album, since then seems that the only concern she has is to have a new hit. Since her album, "Confessions on a dance floor", when she came with ABBA's sample in her new single Hung Up, going into Justin Timberlake's help in her album hard candy til now, when se came with Nicki Minaj and her poor rap. The fact is that Madonna became especialized in absorb the popularity and success of the new artists, like she did with Britney Spears in 2003, when her new album of that year was destroyed by the public and the critics.
    When Madonna sing songs like Girl Gone Wild, Give Me All Your Luvin and B-Day Song it seems like she don't have any sense of reality or ridiculous, becoming a shadow of she use to be. In the end of the day, Madonna can be the QUEEN OF POP,
    after all her career is incomparable, but her fear to be overcome shows that Lady Gaga's Born This Way is so much better than MDNA
  12. Nov 14, 2013
    This was actually one of her worst albums to date (if not the worst). As a Madge fan since the very beginning I was let down and disappointed, especially with the rap features. More like CRAP features. However justice was not served for girl gone wild tsk tsk.
  13. Nov 13, 2013
    One of the ultimate genius artist in the world, Madonna is also a transgressor but a maligned artist, so it's normal MDNA being such a Masterpiece only Madge can deliver, suffer some of the consequences and survive, is the constant fight of good vs evil.
  14. Nov 13, 2013
    Good lyrics and crazy beats. I need to play it loud, dance and sing, get up and do my thing. The queen of pop will never release a bad album. She's still amazing.
  15. Nov 11, 2013
    This is album for fans. I doubt that anyone who is not Queen of Pop fan will fully understand this album.
    MDNA is truly DNA of Madonna, whole album as same as whole MDNA era is full of references to the previous work of Madonna. But it's still sounds fresh, new and exciting. I love the fact that even 30 years into her career she's still able to bring something new to the POP music world, and show younger girls (one in particular) how it should be done. Sad thing is that Madonna or her camp did not cared at all about promotion of this album, it's full of great tracks to be single, and they kind of wasted it.
    Even bonus tracks on this album are better than most of new stuff from other girls lately.
    You can like it or not, but she is The Only One Queen of POP and she is not going anywhere.
  16. Nov 6, 2013
    This is very solid Madonna album, including good songs. The best are Falling Free, Masterpiece, Girl Gone Wild, Love Spent and Beautiful Killer. Good mix of energetic dance songs and lovely ballads, with nice and deep lyrics.
  17. Oct 30, 2013
    MDNA certainly wins in terms of quality in comparison with Madonna's previously forgettable entries such as 2005's Confessions and 2008's Hard Candy. But it's also certainly no Ray of Light. Predictable and simple EDM opener "Girl Gone Wild" indicates the mood of the album, which is simply Madonna finding familiar footing in mainstream music's current trends. Despite the mediocrity of leadMDNA certainly wins in terms of quality in comparison with Madonna's previously forgettable entries such as 2005's Confessions and 2008's Hard Candy. But it's also certainly no Ray of Light. Predictable and simple EDM opener "Girl Gone Wild" indicates the mood of the album, which is simply Madonna finding familiar footing in mainstream music's current trends. Despite the mediocrity of lead single "Give Me All Your Luvin'", MDNA never ends up sounding like a failure. The trance and dubstep infused into bass thumper "Gang Bang" is a perfect siding to a song about murdering a former lover and closing ballads "Masterpiece" and "Falling Free" remind us why Madonna was once the crowning champion in pop melodrama. All-in-all, MDNA could be better or worse. It reminds us that Madonna still has more to come, but it doesn't deliver us as much as it should. Expand
  18. Oct 24, 2013
    Madonna was 54 when MDNA came out. If released during 2008, this might be a bigger hit than Hard Candy but ultimately the first single choice and a climate of ageism finally took a toll on this club-pleaser. The theme that stands out most in some of the songs are those that dealt with her failed relationship with Guy Ritchie. If properly developed, the theme could bring more resonance toMadonna was 54 when MDNA came out. If released during 2008, this might be a bigger hit than Hard Candy but ultimately the first single choice and a climate of ageism finally took a toll on this club-pleaser. The theme that stands out most in some of the songs are those that dealt with her failed relationship with Guy Ritchie. If properly developed, the theme could bring more resonance to some of the other songs. Having said that, I totally dig Girl Gone Wild (simple club stormer which critics had too much time to find problems with lyrical depth) and I F*** Up (which should have been on the main album instead of just the deluxe). Until then, Madonna will deliver her next masterpiece in her career milestone. Don't rule her out! Expand
  19. Sep 12, 2013
    Not bad per se, but could and should have been much, much better. I feel like she opted for the popular sound and commercial appeal instead of the innovation she's come to be known for.
  20. Aug 14, 2013
    "MDNA" is actually pretty good! It's more "pop- like" than other Madonna stuff. And one of my favorite singers, M.I.A. does a song on it, called "Give Me All Your Luvin'"
  21. Jul 19, 2013
    Madonna is an intelligent woman, but wanted to repeat the formula that many have applied in the last years and the result was an album of which only some tracks are saved
  22. Jul 5, 2013
    One of the best albums i've heard in a long time it has so many amazing songs hard to choose one song thanks to madonna for this amazing album it's one of her best
  23. Jul 4, 2013
    MDNA is one of the best albums of 2012 every song is different to another and all songs are amazingly catchy this is one of madonna's best the Queen of pop has released another mind blowing dance album
  24. Mar 30, 2013
    Não que MDNA seja um álbum ruim, pelo contrario bom. Mas quando se trata de Madonna tudo já esta muito saturado, as músicas não são muito originais, mas até agora os singles são comerciais, com destaque para aparição de Nicki Minaj e M.I.A.
  25. Mar 5, 2013
    There are lots of "useless" albums in pop music, without well-worked music and lyrics, just to have fun. MDNA is probably the best of them. Just enjoy because it is a pure pop record. And by the way, Madonna (and her music) will never grow old. Roll on the next album!
  26. Feb 16, 2013
    Your average club music. Nothing special here, which is about where Madonna should be at her age. Hopefully this will be her last album, and she never officially walks away from music like Cher did.
  27. Jan 16, 2013
    as has been failing for a long talk in the musical anbito, Madonna does it again, what is this? A joke? Album rescued only two or a song and of course, no single.
  28. Jan 16, 2013
    Not her best. But inexplicably a way better than any of her rivals albums recently released. "Gang Bang" - one of my favorite from MDNA - is a direct journey to Tarantino universe, an incredible mixture with sound that makes you picture the exact scene without a single image. Must say that this album sounds totally different after you see an MDNA concert.
  29. Dec 28, 2012
    'There's only one queen, and that's Madonna, **** When Nicki Minaj ends "I Don't Give A" with this phrase, we we all know she's right. Surely, "MDNA" is the most introspective album of her entire career. With lyrics that talk about frustration (Masterpiece, Falling Free, Best Friend, Love Spent, I **** Up), but also with with moments of bad girl (Girl Gone Wild, I Don't Give A, I'm a'There's only one queen, and that's Madonna, **** When Nicki Minaj ends "I Don't Give A" with this phrase, we we all know she's right. Surely, "MDNA" is the most introspective album of her entire career. With lyrics that talk about frustration (Masterpiece, Falling Free, Best Friend, Love Spent, I **** Up), but also with with moments of bad girl (Girl Gone Wild, I Don't Give A, I'm a Sinner) Madonna, even with 54 shows that she can be the Blond Ambition that she always been and always will be. Sorry Gaga, but the queen is back. As she says in "Some Girls", "I do not wanna be like some girls." Game Over, Mother Monster! Expand
  30. Dec 20, 2012
    The more I listen this album the more I like it. Although I'm not a big fan of non-classical music... I'm a big fan of the "Confessions" album and I can forgive Madonna almost everything after that masterpiece. It's very hard to produce something higher after a short period of time and MDNA goes deeper not higher. My favorite songs are "Falling Free", "Give me all you lovin'", "GangThe more I listen this album the more I like it. Although I'm not a big fan of non-classical music... I'm a big fan of the "Confessions" album and I can forgive Madonna almost everything after that masterpiece. It's very hard to produce something higher after a short period of time and MDNA goes deeper not higher. My favorite songs are "Falling Free", "Give me all you lovin'", "Gang Bang", "I don't give a" and "Turn up the radio" (I liked it after Moscow concert). "Beautiful killer" is another funny song here. Maybe in America people don't love her but she's so honest and sincere in her self-expression that it's hard not to admire and then... learn to love. IMHO she is programmed by God to push people's buttons and it's good because a perfect person (God wants us to be perfect) doesn't have the "buttons" that can be pushed. The "button " means lack of something (love or light) in ourselves. She pushes lots of buttons an once and it really does God's job in making people do something, to get rid of "button" element in their minds. It's bitter medicine that helps us. IMHO. God save Madge. Expand
  31. Dec 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While, MDNA is no masterpiece, it almost certainly trumps her last effort. With removing some cliched lyrics and only a few bad songs (*cough* "B-day Song" *cough* "I Don't Give a" *cough*) this could have been the album that she must try to best over and over. Instead, it's more of the start of something new, kind of. Expand
  32. Dec 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There is no denying that Madonna is pop royalty. Although I was never deep into her stuff, I wanted to try this one out. This album is honestly one of the best pop records this year. I really love "Girl Gone Wild", "I Don't Give A", "Turn Up The Radio", and "Gang Bang". Expand
  33. Dec 7, 2012
    in my opinion this is Madonna's best album ever, it has great producers, and every song has it own style, it doesn't sound repetitive (like Confessions) i love it ♥
  34. Nov 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Madonna já está a muito tempo no patamar em que não tem que provar nada para ninguém, é a maior cantora pop que o mundo conhece. Mas este album poderia ter sido muito melhor, destaque para as produções de William Orbit que é muito "Madonna" a conexão entre os dois é muito boa. Músicas como Girl Gone Wild. Turn Up The Radio, Superstar, B'day Song, seriam ótimas se não fosse da Madonna. Destaque especial para faixas; Gang Bang, Love Spent, Falling Free e Beautiful Killer Expand
  35. Nov 7, 2012
    Madonna makes history once again. After the terrific success of Celebration and Confessions on a Dance Floor, she continues to surprise us with giggly, dancey, tracks like Girl Gone Wild and Give Me All Your Lovin' and with the amazing dubstep record Gang Bang and also I'm Addicted, the two main highlights of this historical Dance record. Hats Off To You.
  36. Nov 5, 2012
    Lots of touching lyrics Love Spent: You married me if I were poor
    I don't give a f: I diminish myself and swallow my light
    Lots of touching lyrics Love Spent: You married me if I were poor
    I don't give a f: I diminish myself and swallow my light

Underneath her heart, various egos are reflected to manifest a intricating feeling of resentment, regret, self-empowerment and joy. It's said that the album was like a girl's confession rather than a middle-aged one. if you explore the deeper layer of the lyrics, there is an ups and downs when listening to the whole album. The roller-coaster like sentiment echoes many other divorced women's life.
  37. Nov 4, 2012
    Madonna não fez um ótimo álbum pop, ela fez um ótimo álbum da Madonna"

Madonna não fez um ótimo álbum pop, ela fez um ótimo álbum da Madonna"

Nick Levine, BBC Online. Essa é a melhor definição para descrever décimo segundo álbum de inéditas da Rainha do Pop. MDNA foi "vazado" essa semana e já está causando o que um trabalho da Madonna merece. Não só pelo fato de ser apenas um trabalho da Madonna, mas ser um álbum digno dos melhores elogios possíveis.

Mais uma vez, a mulher mais importante do mundo da música, se reinventou. Dessa vez, ela encarna a "adolescente de 53 anos querendo desabafar sobre o ex-marido". Contudo, ela deixa de lado aquele pop chiclete farofa sem falar nada com nada que fez em Hard Candy para uma sonoridade mais sombria, estilizada e pop de verdade. A escolha pelo time limitado de produtores faz com que MDNA tem uma coerência centralizada em um plano sequência de sonoridade começando por um tom mais dark, passado aos poucos para pop mais despretensioso, depois chegando um eletropop moderno mais cadenciado para dar espaço para as baladas pop e terminando em um pop mais tradicional com mistura de R&B na versão deluxe. Uma colcha de retalhos extremamente bem costurado sem deixar as remendas amostra devido ao fato de produções precisas e inspiradas em quase todas as faixas. Não é o álbum mais comercial dela, mesmo assim é um álbum pop genuíno. Madonna volta aos bons tempos onde ela realmente consegue enganar quem ouve achando que ela tem uma voz poderosa. Sabendo equilibrar efeitos e a voz natural dela durante todo o álbum, ela ganha destaque ao voltar a entoar baladas feitas para sua voz com a mesma maestria dos anos oitenta e devo admitir que é aqui seus melhores momentos vocais. Como já disse. o tema do álbum é basicamente sobre seu ex-marido, o cineasta Guy Ritchie. Finalmente, Madonna parece exorcizar ele de sua vida em letras muitos pessoais. Talvez sobre a luz de Adele, Madonna faz sua versão pop para o fim de um relacionamento. Nada muito genial, mas tem momentos ótimos e de puro "madonnisse". Isso fica claro em genial Gang Bang, a melhor música dela em anos. Na faixa ela dispara que quer atirar na cabeça dele e mandá-lo para o inferno. E só foi eu que percebei, mas o "bicth" que ela fala tanto na música seria quase o nome do ex-marido disfarçado? Já que **** e "Ritchie" tem o mesmo som ao falar. De qualquer forma, uma produção inspiradíssima com uma sonoridade ousada e original fecha o pacote apenas como a Madonna consegue fazer. Em I Don't Give A, ela finca os pés em um pop mais chiclete sem perder o clima de vamos malhar o "Judas" e desabafar mais um pouco. A batida leve, descártavel e dançante conquista desde o primeiro segundo. E o que falar de Nicki Minaj entregando um verso genial e finalizando com a frase do ano: "There's only one queen, and that's Madonna/ **** E a canção ainda termina apoteótica com um coral evocando a supremacia da Rainha do Pop. Em Turn Up The Radio é feito o "hino de estádio" do álbum. Já consigo ver uma multidão em um estádio cantando a canção em um só coro. Apesar de ssas três músicas serem os pilares, outros momentos inspirados ajudam a elevar o álbum: os divertidos singles Girl Gone Wild e Give Me All Your Luvin', Some Girls com inspiração da cantora Robyn e a cinica I'm a Sinner. Nas baladas tenho que reconhecer que Masterpiece é bonitinha, Love Spent é honesta enquanto Falling Free é lindamente grandiosa. Contudo, é na R&B/pop I **** Up sua melhor canção romântica mostrando sua culpa e pedindo desculpa pelo fim do casamento. Infelizmente, existe alguns tropeços. A chatinha Superstar parece saído do álbum da Katy Perry, I'm Addicted não convence, Beautiful Killer é dispensável e B-Day Song é o disperdicio do talento da M.I.A. A pior é o remix do LMFAO para Give Me All Your Luvin'. Graças a Deus é apenas um bônus na versão deluxe e não chega atrapalhar o álbum. Enfim, Madonna voltou como ela é: sendo a Madonna que o mundo conhece.
  38. Oct 13, 2012
    MDNA is the greatest album ever recorded. If Katy Perry or any other 'it' artist released it, it would be praised for it's brilliance. This album is pure dance. The best songs of her career. Madonna doesn't follow trends she creates them. I'm Addicted, Gang Bang, Falling Free, Love Spent, Beautiful Killer are absolute perfection! My only criticism of the album is the featured artists.MDNA is the greatest album ever recorded. If Katy Perry or any other 'it' artist released it, it would be praised for it's brilliance. This album is pure dance. The best songs of her career. Madonna doesn't follow trends she creates them. I'm Addicted, Gang Bang, Falling Free, Love Spent, Beautiful Killer are absolute perfection! My only criticism of the album is the featured artists. Neither MIA or Nicki Minaj bring anything to the songs they feature on, although I Don't Give A which Nicki features on is a cracker of a brilliant track. The singles haven't done this album justice. For me this album has overtaken Ray of Light as the greatest album ever recorded. Expand
  39. Sep 27, 2012
    Like any Madonna album, it certainly commands attention - however, the basic beats, simple lyrics and generic dub step and 'club sound' moments do leave you feeling very let down. With the likes of Kylie, Gaga, Britney and Robyn controlling the dance charts of late, it would appear the reigning Queen of Pop may soon be refered to as 'The Queen Mother of Pop' - which isn't a good thing.
  40. Sep 19, 2012
    To me she can do no wrong. "MDNA" has all the required club stompers and numbers that will rock out in her tour. I am so happy she has included a pair of gorgeous ballads, which looking back have been a hugely popular, if often forgotten, part of Madonna's legacy. Standouts are "I'm Addicted", "Masterpiece", "I'm a Sinner", and "I F**ked Up". "Turn Up The Radio" did not get the airplay itTo me she can do no wrong. "MDNA" has all the required club stompers and numbers that will rock out in her tour. I am so happy she has included a pair of gorgeous ballads, which looking back have been a hugely popular, if often forgotten, part of Madonna's legacy. Standouts are "I'm Addicted", "Masterpiece", "I'm a Sinner", and "I F**ked Up". "Turn Up The Radio" did not get the airplay it deserves. This album has owned my driving music since its release, and will for a while to come. Expand
  41. Sep 2, 2012
    This album has grown on me over time. I don't think it will ever be on par with "Ray of Light" and "Confessions on a Dancefloor" in terms re-playability, or even "Music" and "American Life" for that matter, but I definitely feel more life and energy emitting from this album than I did from "Hard Candy." The funny thing is, "Hard Candy" had a more cohesive sound, but even so it mostlyThis album has grown on me over time. I don't think it will ever be on par with "Ray of Light" and "Confessions on a Dancefloor" in terms re-playability, or even "Music" and "American Life" for that matter, but I definitely feel more life and energy emitting from this album than I did from "Hard Candy." The funny thing is, "Hard Candy" had a more cohesive sound, but even so it mostly just felt like Madonna was phoning it in and/or trying too hard for a mainstream hit. That album had a couple of great tracks in "Miles Away" and "Beat Goes On," while everything else was listenable but felt obligatory.

"MDNA," on the other hand, isn't so sonically cohesive but feels much more real and raw. Where the lyrics fail, on most of the more club-ready tracks, the production pushes those songs to higher ground. For instance, "Girl Gone Wild," "I'm Addicted," "Turn Up the Radio," and "Give Me All Your Luvin' " feature generally cliched and/or immature lyrics, but the music itself bangs with vitality and grinds with sensuality. These songs don't exactly expand the sound or push the boundaries of dance-pop music, but they sound just as good (if not better) than at least half of the current top 40 and dance club hits from artists half Madonna's age.

Then there are really good songs that probably aren't shallow enough to be released as singles, but reach lyrical and/or thematic heights that only a woman of Madonna's age and life experience could reach. "Love Spent" is one such song, on which William Orbit supplies a fantastic folk-tronic track and Madonna tells a very specific break-up story from her own life, one of a romantic partner who wanted her as much for her money as for her love. While most of us aren't rich enough to relate to the exact situation she is singing about, the song is still a cathartic release for any of us who have ever felt under appreciated in a relationship and tired of being the only one who seems to be giving. This is what the best pop music has always been able to do - take a specific story or situation and make it universal and relatable to almost anyone.

Another fine example of this type of song craft is "I **** Up," which is (for some dumb reason) only available on the deluxe edition of the album. Once again, a specific story from Madonna's life is made relatable simply because she is so willing to admit her own faults and shortcomings in a relationship. It's especially heartbreaking to hear her detail what could of been had she behaved differently.

There are a couple straight up duds on the album. She probably should have relegated the juvenile collaboration with Nicki Minaj, "I Don't Give A," to bonus track status, and she probably should have left the even worse collaboration with M.I.A., "B-Day Song," off of all editions of the album. And while "Gang Bang" is sonically interesting and far from a dud, it's also unnecessarily violent and campy for my own taste (though some may be fine with that).

Overall, though, "MDNA" is a surprisingly solid album that is occasionally brilliant. It could have been better, had Madonna & Co. supplied better lyrics for the mostly spectacular production work. But it is also rarely downright bad, and it is more purposeful and interesting than anything Madonna has put out since "Confessions." And while I don't know that she has another album in her that is up to the classic standard of "Ray of Light," her improvement here is reason enough for celebration.
  42. Jul 29, 2012
    This album is awful. It's Madonna worst album up to date. All songs are such a mess. This album is the worst album of 2012. It debuted very good on US Billboard 200, but on the second it decrease with 85% in sales. The album left the chert afret 9 weeks. This is probably the flop album of the year.
  43. Jul 22, 2012
    MDNA is definitely Madonna's worst album. It contains two really good songs, Girl Gone Wild and Gang Bang and that's it. The rest of the album is horribly mixed, produced and sung. Songs like Superstar, I Don't Give A and Love Spent make me wonder what has happened to the genius Madonna that wrote albums like Ray of Light, American Life or Confessions on a Dance Floor.
  44. Jul 18, 2012
    The twelfth album from Madonna, MDNA, is one of his most dance albums, but it's actually not a masterpiece either. I must admit that there are very good songs on MDNA as Girl Gone Wild Give Me All Your Luvin 'Turn Up The Radio and host of commercial songs. Otherwise, Madonna starting to look like those it influancé the past ten years (Gaga, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Gwen Stefani, etc.The twelfth album from Madonna, MDNA, is one of his most dance albums, but it's actually not a masterpiece either. I must admit that there are very good songs on MDNA as Girl Gone Wild Give Me All Your Luvin 'Turn Up The Radio and host of commercial songs. Otherwise, Madonna starting to look like those it influancé the past ten years (Gaga, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Gwen Stefani, etc. ..). The problem is not the realization but the Madonna herself. She is in some ways that revolutionized pop culture, with hits such as Vogue, Like A Virgin, Hung Up and I passe. But on MDNA, there is no key that Madonna Girl Power had to before hand. Finally MDNA the word to describe it: DISAPPOINTMENT Expand
  45. Jun 13, 2012
    ***FIXED*** MDNA IS NOT A BAD ALBUM - BY FAR. Some people and critics would like nothing more than to see Madonna just go away. And that's not fair, and it's also a total double standard. Why should Madonna disappear? Because she's in her early 50's and still making hawt dance music? Or could it be because she refuses to be a free soul or won't stop doing and saying as she pleases? Jealous***FIXED*** MDNA IS NOT A BAD ALBUM - BY FAR. Some people and critics would like nothing more than to see Madonna just go away. And that's not fair, and it's also a total double standard. Why should Madonna disappear? Because she's in her early 50's and still making hawt dance music? Or could it be because she refuses to be a free soul or won't stop doing and saying as she pleases? Jealous much haters??? I have so much respect for this woman! Not only because she's one of the original innovators of the Pop music genre - it's because she has bigger balls than more than half of the men i have ever met! And i think that freaks people out! Madonna not only has to attempt to stay relevant sonically (which she's still succeeding) she has to fight ageism. Why can't women over a certain age be considered sexy or interesting? Critiquing Madonna shouldn't be based on her age or about what she's done before. It should be about what she's still doing and her impact on music and society! MDNA is as strong of Pop album as any other that's come out this year (or last) I think the underwhelming first two singles hurt the appeal of the album from the jump. She was pressured to get Gimme All Your Luvin' out in time for the Superbowl performance. Girl Gone Wild was good, but it's difficult even for me to stomach hearing her refer to herself as a girl. The video was Erotica/Vogue 2.0 and it was exciting to see her being sexy, interesting, pro-queer Madge again! MDNA has some amazing dance tracks on it, proving she can still contend with the new pop stars of the last 5yrs. Gang Bang is one of the most brilliantly bizarre and aggressive songs she's ever put on an album. I'm Addicted is dancefloor genius! By the ending of the song when she's singing MDMA, MDNA over and over - if your soul doesn't feel that and make you want to dance you have no soul. Hopefully Turn Up The Radio will be a single and have a video - because it's HAWT! Love Spent is beautiful and Free Falling is one of the most personal and most beautiful Madge has ever written. All hail The Queen! She's still got it, record sales or not - Madonna is like no other - and thank God for that! (8.5 out of 10) Expand
  46. May 19, 2012
    I wanted to like this album, but apart from a couple of songs, most of this record is forgettable. I think one of the reasons for this is the production, which sounds stuffy. Not one of her best.
  47. May 14, 2012
    Ok I really do not believe in the negative reviews. Almost every song had a spark on its own. Madonna did more than making up for the dissapointment in Hard Candy. For my music taste, the music playing in songs matter alot. It was there! The pop queen still made her return in a pleasant manner.
  48. May 13, 2012
    After who as who, but Madonna is to be expected something more than that. The twelfth album called
    "MDNA" is a compilation of pop songs kept in electronic, dubstep climates. Tracks, however seem to
    be terribly common - what you can even see in the single "Turn Up The Radio" or "Love Spent". Even ballads such as "Masterpiece" turns out terribly crude. Fortunately, on the release were also
    ballads such as "Masterpiece" turns out terribly crude. Fortunately, on the release were also good
    compositions, such as presented during the finals of the Super Bowl - "Give Me All Your Luvin' " or
    referring to Depeche Mode "I'm Addicted".
  49. May 9, 2012
    Fantástico! Lógicamente tiene mejores y peores canciones, pero ninguna mala. "Love spent", "Gang Bang", "Turn up the radio", "Beautiful Killer", "Masterpiece", "Girl gone wild" "Falling free" las mejores. El resto muy, pero que muy pegadizas, y a destacar el coro final de "I don't give a" ...espectacular.
  50. May 5, 2012
    At first this album sounded to me totally uninteresting, but after giving it a second chance I just fell in love with most of its songs. A very nice mix of disco, soul and party tracks.
  51. May 4, 2012
    It feels that Madonna is singing about what she's suppose to feel, but not actually feeling it. The music is kind of a summarization of what people are listening nowadays, though it's not unique or different at all.
  52. May 3, 2012
    An amazing comeback for Madonna honestly. If only "Turn Up The Radio" was the lead single, this would've been a smash. The Queen of Pop's newly album "MDNA" is a sheer classic of radio-friendly tunes ("Turn Up The Radio", "Masterpiece", "Love Spent", "Superstar") to more upbeat eurodance beats ("Girl Gone Wild", "Gang Bang", "I'm Addicted", "Some Girls") and with more personal songs ("IAn amazing comeback for Madonna honestly. If only "Turn Up The Radio" was the lead single, this would've been a smash. The Queen of Pop's newly album "MDNA" is a sheer classic of radio-friendly tunes ("Turn Up The Radio", "Masterpiece", "Love Spent", "Superstar") to more upbeat eurodance beats ("Girl Gone Wild", "Gang Bang", "I'm Addicted", "Some Girls") and with more personal songs ("I ****ed Up", "Best Friend") but can trip over her disco ball with tracks like ("Gang Bang", "I'm A Sinner", "Give Me All Your Luvin'")... But overall, Madonna's back in the game and ready to ignite! Expand
  53. May 3, 2012
    Only Madonna can cause a festival of meltdowns on Twitter. Never have my mentions moved so rapidly. I almost vomited from motion sickness. It's crazy how intensely anticipated this woman is. I guess it comes with the territory of being the Queen of Pop.

Like the rest of the world, as soon as the album leaked I just had to get my hands on it, despite the fact that the quality was horrid, as usual with those **** web-rips. Still, I caught ever ounce of my life.

As someone who's never been a huge Madonna fan, I was overall pleased with the turn out. I'd say I was about 50/50 on songs I loved and songs that I thought were mediocre. I don't there is a single bad song, but I find a handful of them generic.

"I **** Up" was instantly my favorite. I figured it would be when Guy O'seary posted a link to it on Twitter a couple of days ago. I love the urban style drummer boy backing under the fluid string section. It stands out from the other tracks because it doesn't sound electric. It's almost acoustic, of course if you strip away the fleshy production, aside from the guitar and Madonna's feather-weight vocals. I really think this song could serve as a high-charting singled, especially if they censor it as "I Effed Up." Oh, the controversy.

The best uptempo song on the album is undoubtedly "I'm Addicted." It's one of those songs you hear at the club and pause right before the chorus, only to jump around like an ADHD kid when the beat drops. Oh, then there's the chant, which is almost essential in pop music today! "MDNA! MDNA!" It's a play on words, also, if you didn't catch that. The song is actually full of them. She describes a lot of symptoms of someone on ecstasy as her "feelings" in the song. That gives me a little more appreciation for the song, since it has a bit of thought behind the lyrics.

Not far behind is "I Don't Give A" which is Madonna's big **** you" to the negativity in her life. (Sidenote: does her rap style remind anyone of Michael Jackson's "They Don't Really Care About Us?") It's really corny, but just corny enough to be considered "cute." Oh yeah, Nicki Minaj also takes a few minutes out of her hectic life to go the **** off about how less-than you bum **** are compared to her. The icing on top was the sweet line hailing Madonna as the "one queen," then gnarly off a psychotic **** in typical Minaj fashion.

Oooh, and let me gush about how much I live for "Gang Bang." I don't know who she is talking about, but she is reading them for filth. I mean, if you're willing to follow someone to hell (after you murder them) just so you can kill then "over and over and over and over and over and over and over again" then it's logical to say you're bitter. She ends the songs with a grimy dubstep piece that sent shivers up my spine. This, more than any other song, gives me a glimpse of the old Madonna.

"Girl Gone Wild," the second single, is a top notch club banger. It's one of those insanely catchy, but generic songs I mentioned before, but what makes it a really good song is the beat. I'll admit that I love "Give Me All Your Lovin'" because I like to cheer. It served it's purpose as Superbowl hype single and put her back on everyone's mind. Like I said before, there are no bad songs on the album, but the rest of the album will have to grow on me. I'll revisit this review in a week when we have a higher quality version. Until then, I'll rate this album a solid 7.5/10. Madonna has already proven her worth, yet she still makes music like she's got more to prove. It makes for consistent solid albums.
  54. Apr 23, 2012
    This is the worst album ever made by Madonna, it has so many fillers, it doesn't seem an album made by the queen of the most important genre in the music industry, it seems made by someone like Katy Perry and I think is at the same level of atrocities like Bionic or Femme Fatale. She is still a great songwriter but I don't really think this is what we all were expecting from Madonna. LoveThis is the worst album ever made by Madonna, it has so many fillers, it doesn't seem an album made by the queen of the most important genre in the music industry, it seems made by someone like Katy Perry and I think is at the same level of atrocities like Bionic or Femme Fatale. She is still a great songwriter but I don't really think this is what we all were expecting from Madonna. Love Spent, Turn Up The Radio and Gang Bang are good songs but I don't know why I think they go unnoticed. Expand
  55. JR1
    Apr 15, 2012
    Another strong effort from Her Madgesty- improves upon 2008's Hard Candy. It doesn't look like she'll be relinquishing her crown anytime soon. The return of collaborator William Orbit is welcome- as are the live strings used on several of the tracks. Madonna and strings= magic.
  56. Apr 14, 2012
    Very good album, her best since Confessions on a Dance floor and much better than Hard Candy, not as great as Confessions, obviously, but I like it. Madge did it again.
  57. Apr 13, 2012
    It's amazingly dull and it's incredible to realize Madonna is all out of ideas and the record dropped so hard on the charts. One newssource had the headline "MDNA is DOA". It's kinda true. "Gang Bang" is the tune that is exciting enoughâ
  58. Apr 13, 2012
    Please .... Stop with dance Madonna! It is not convincing, not surprisingly, does not invent anything new .... is a constant reiteration of the same models and diagrams! I want to have a mature and adult work!!!. After of Hard Candy (disastrous!!!) , she has failed to advance an improvement.
  59. Apr 9, 2012
    Full of bass, synthesized to the maximum, dark and personal. MDNA is an irresistible piece of eletropop that keeps you excited during the whole journey. Best tracks: Gang Bang, Love Spent, I'm Addicted, Some Girls, Best Friend and Girl Gone Wild. Don't hesitate skipping: B-Day Song.
  60. Apr 9, 2012
    It is so clear that there is an army of Madonna haters that have transcribed and have hit many online reviews to just trash Madonna when they are only writing out of hate and ignorance. MDNA is an amazing album and I am glad that at 53, Madonna can still produce great music. MDNA will sell millions worldwide and will win a lot of accolades, along with a successful tour, maybe the mostIt is so clear that there is an army of Madonna haters that have transcribed and have hit many online reviews to just trash Madonna when they are only writing out of hate and ignorance. MDNA is an amazing album and I am glad that at 53, Madonna can still produce great music. MDNA will sell millions worldwide and will win a lot of accolades, along with a successful tour, maybe the most lucrative tour by an artist ever and that just makes some of you squirm. Squirm **** squirm! Madonna is here to stay and I'm glad!! :) Expand
  61. Apr 9, 2012
    I love this album. Many songs are great, Love Spent, Gang Bang, I'm Addicted, I'm a Sinner, Turn up the Radio, Masterpiece, Falling Free, Beautiful Killer. Nicki Minaj on "I Do not Give A" is fabulous. Great album!
  62. Apr 9, 2012
    This is perfect! I'm the biggest Madonna fan, but I must confess I wasn't expecting a album this amazing after the mess Hard Candy was... Definitely the album of the year till now! I would even say this is her best album since Music!
  63. Apr 9, 2012
    The new album from Madonna, MDNA, is between the average (American Life) and worst (Hard Candy). His title of Queen Of Pop has started to bleach when she started making commercial pop with Timbaland and Justin Timberlake (4 Minutes) it sounded like them. But let's focus on the album! The radio side (and Girl Gone Wild Give Me All You Luvin ') is this side that I have not loved, even hated,The new album from Madonna, MDNA, is between the average (American Life) and worst (Hard Candy). His title of Queen Of Pop has started to bleach when she started making commercial pop with Timbaland and Justin Timberlake (4 Minutes) it sounded like them. But let's focus on the album! The radio side (and Girl Gone Wild Give Me All You Luvin ') is this side that I have not loved, even hated, but the strangest side as Gang Bang Free Falling and I just loved but it remains laughable. Yes I said laughable. This disc is rotten, we move from pop to techno via dupstep by the momment. Now The Queen Of Pop are the Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Katy Perry and Britney Spears. This new album really disappoints. Expand
  64. Apr 8, 2012
    Perfect album!!! THIS ALBUM IS SURPRISINGLY GOOOOOOOOD!!!! after Hard candy i thought madonna was over, but after hearing this album she still manages to shine in the businnes. The thing is, you might have a bad first impression on the album but after hearing the lyrics well you'll see that Madonna gave warmth to this cold genre of music which is house music.
  65. Apr 8, 2012
    Someone here is Crazy..... The User Score of Hard Candy is about 75 and this is about 6.2....... How is it possible? MDNA is way better than Hard Candy!!
    Great Tracks : Gang Bang - I'm Addicted - Masterpiece - Falling Free - I Don't Give A
    Very Good Tracks : Love Spent - Girl Gone Wild - Turn Up the Radio Good Tracks : Some Girls - I'm a Sinner Quite Good Songs : Superstar - Give Me All
    Very Good Tracks : Love Spent - Girl Gone Wild - Turn Up the Radio
    Good Tracks : Some Girls - I'm a Sinner Quite Good Songs : Superstar - Give Me All Your Luvin
  66. Apr 7, 2012
    Madonna's finest in many years - and her first concept album since Like a Prayer... go figure, both dealt with catholicism and divorce. No current starlet could come up with something this interesting. If you've been through a breakup or divorce - you'll know what I mean. The emotional roller coaster is captured here: from wanting freedom and finally being able to flirt openly 'Girl GoneMadonna's finest in many years - and her first concept album since Like a Prayer... go figure, both dealt with catholicism and divorce. No current starlet could come up with something this interesting. If you've been through a breakup or divorce - you'll know what I mean. The emotional roller coaster is captured here: from wanting freedom and finally being able to flirt openly 'Girl Gone Wild', to hating your ex-lover 'Gang Bang', 'Love Spent'... to wanting to patch things up and nostalgia for a relationship that once was 'I **** up', 'Best Friend'. Mix this awesome and layered narrative with a few fun Madonna songs that firmly reassert her place on the dancefloor 'Some Girls', 'I'm addicted'.. and you have one stellar album... haters will be haters.. but listen to this gem nest to Rihanna's latest, or Gaga's or Katy Perry.. and you'll see why Madonna is an icon... awesome Expand
  67. Apr 7, 2012
    HORRIBLE album, crumbs, Nick Minaj is terrible, Madonna is so terrible, everything is terrible, I miss Madonna when her sang American Life, Like a Prayer, Vogue, but this album.......
  68. Apr 6, 2012
    Out of the dozen studio albums she's released, I would easily place this album in the top-5. Oddly, the two singles released so far (Give Me All Your Luvin & Girl Gone Wild) are probably the two least interesting songs on the album. Highlights include Gang Bang, Love Spent, I'm Addicted & Falling Free. With hooks overflowing on each track, this is a fascinating and entertaining listen fromOut of the dozen studio albums she's released, I would easily place this album in the top-5. Oddly, the two singles released so far (Give Me All Your Luvin & Girl Gone Wild) are probably the two least interesting songs on the album. Highlights include Gang Bang, Love Spent, I'm Addicted & Falling Free. With hooks overflowing on each track, this is a fascinating and entertaining listen from start to finish with zero filler material. Highly recommended! Expand
  69. Apr 6, 2012
    I really enjoyed listening to all of the brilliant tracks on the album. The singles like give me all your luvin and girl gone wild hide the albums beauty. The next single should be love spent, gang bang, or turn up the radio. I think all pop fans should download the album, and the people giving bad reviews obviously have not listened to any songs on the album. I recommend listening, and orI really enjoyed listening to all of the brilliant tracks on the album. The singles like give me all your luvin and girl gone wild hide the albums beauty. The next single should be love spent, gang bang, or turn up the radio. I think all pop fans should download the album, and the people giving bad reviews obviously have not listened to any songs on the album. I recommend listening, and or buying this album, Madonna doesn't disappoint. Expand
  70. Apr 5, 2012
    I think some of reviews here are really off the mark. The album is very bland and BORING, and one song - Gang Bang - is a real STINKER. It's a low point for Madonna. For what it's worth, I've been a Madonna fan since the very beginning. This album doesn't get as personal and compelling as 'Ray of Light' or 'American Life' and isn't as poppy as.. well, pretty much everything else she'sI think some of reviews here are really off the mark. The album is very bland and BORING, and one song - Gang Bang - is a real STINKER. It's a low point for Madonna. For what it's worth, I've been a Madonna fan since the very beginning. This album doesn't get as personal and compelling as 'Ray of Light' or 'American Life' and isn't as poppy as.. well, pretty much everything else she's done. :-P pee-eww. Expand
  71. Apr 5, 2012
    Is it a masterpiece on the level of Like a Prayer, Erotica, or Ray of Light? No, not really. But it's also leagues better than Like a Virgin and Hard Candy. More personal than Confessions, more varied than American Life, it's certainly the strongest pop album of 2012 so far.
  72. Apr 5, 2012
    Better than I expected it to be after listening two horrible singles.Kind of bipolar album,divided in it's core-some good songs and some bad songs,smart and stupid,full of lies yet also very sincere at the moment.In a word-it's a mess of an album but occasionally a really seductive mess.
  73. Apr 4, 2012
    If you are a fan of Nicki Minaj & M.I.A then this album is right for you, If are expecting Confessions on the Dancefloor part 2 or you are a fan of Madonna's 80's and mid 90's work then skip this record, you are going to be very disappointed, MDNA is Madonna's worst album, i gave it a 2 star because it has only two decent tracks which could fit perfectly in her previous album 'Masterpiece'If you are a fan of Nicki Minaj & M.I.A then this album is right for you, If are expecting Confessions on the Dancefloor part 2 or you are a fan of Madonna's 80's and mid 90's work then skip this record, you are going to be very disappointed, MDNA is Madonna's worst album, i gave it a 2 star because it has only two decent tracks which could fit perfectly in her previous album 'Masterpiece' and 'Falling Free'. Expand
  74. Apr 4, 2012
    WHAT IS THAT?

She is makes music for her daughters party but this could also be Lady Gaga or Katy Perry.
    She ist not so special anymore and the only great song is with Nicki Minaj.
    Sorry but she is terrible...
  75. Apr 3, 2012
    I don't need to say much the album speaks for itself. but I gotta say, since it was released I can't stop listening to it! MDNA is highly addictive!!! my fav: GANG BANG!!
  76. Apr 3, 2012
    I was actually waiting for something more like Ray of Light. I can't say I'm disappointed, there are a few good songs in the album, but I honestly expected more from her because I KNOW she can do way better. Overall, this is a good Madonna album. Not the best, not the worst, in my opinion.
  77. Apr 3, 2012
    MDNA is just not a master piece as celebration. Madonnas tracks arent strong anymore. She needs to retire before she humiliates herself again with another bad album
  78. Apr 3, 2012
    Powerhouse dance record mixed with introspective ballads and brutally honest lyrics. She ranges from cheesy to serious to beautiful to disaster all on one disc. Madonna proves with MDNA, though, that she isn't a singles pop star like Britney Spears. She's a living legend rockstar who doesn't have anything to prove. It's a little sad that she's attempting to prove her worth to a world thatPowerhouse dance record mixed with introspective ballads and brutally honest lyrics. She ranges from cheesy to serious to beautiful to disaster all on one disc. Madonna proves with MDNA, though, that she isn't a singles pop star like Britney Spears. She's a living legend rockstar who doesn't have anything to prove. It's a little sad that she's attempting to prove her worth to a world that will forever regard her as the most impressive pop star of all time. Nevertheless, MDNA arrives just in time for the Summer with its pop hooks and infectious melodies.

Songs to hear: Beautiful Killer, I'm Addicted, Gang Bang, Turn Up the Radio, Girl Gone Wild
  79. Apr 3, 2012
    After the lackluster Hard Candy album Madonna is back doing what she does best. dark and dirty dance music. LOVE LOVE LOVE this album! Little monsters and haters can try to bring her down but never will. She's better at 53 than any of the other pop **** in their 20's. Eat It.
  80. Apr 3, 2012
    I give this album a solid 7. It definitely has a few flaws. Particularly songs like "Girl Gone Wild", "Give Me All Your Luvin''", unfortunately the songs showcasing the album to the public. The first just seems contrived to get a "club pop" hit amongst the younger females of today, while the latter was just too calculated for the Superbowl. Not to mention features subpar raps from hisI give this album a solid 7. It definitely has a few flaws. Particularly songs like "Girl Gone Wild", "Give Me All Your Luvin''", unfortunately the songs showcasing the album to the public. The first just seems contrived to get a "club pop" hit amongst the younger females of today, while the latter was just too calculated for the Superbowl. Not to mention features subpar raps from his usually rocking features (Nicki, M.I.A.)

Besides those two subtle bumps opening and mid-album, tracks like "I'm Addicted", "Superstar" and "Love Spent" showcase a woman still capable of controlling the dancefloor without reaching generic like she has been since the 80s.
  81. Apr 3, 2012
    Madonna is without doubt the Queen of Pop. But can she still deliver the goods as a relevant artist 30 years from her debut? After hearing this record, the answer is a resounding YES! Trailed by an oddly weak sounding lead single (Give Me All Your Luvin) Madonna brings forth her best on the album itself. Progressive disco anthems such as "Girl Gone Wild" and "Some Girls" assert her reignMadonna is without doubt the Queen of Pop. But can she still deliver the goods as a relevant artist 30 years from her debut? After hearing this record, the answer is a resounding YES! Trailed by an oddly weak sounding lead single (Give Me All Your Luvin) Madonna brings forth her best on the album itself. Progressive disco anthems such as "Girl Gone Wild" and "Some Girls" assert her reign as the top female pop star. She drops an acid turn on the psychedelia rave funker "I'm Addicted" and seems to have some bad blood scores to settle in what might be her most exciting and shocking music moment to date in "Gang Bang" which has to be heard to be believed. Her recent divorce is addressed in 'I Don't Give A' as well as 'Love Spent' which may be one of the most unique pop creations in recent years. She also brings melancholic lyrics and darkly poignant introspection to the album in the form of ballads "Masterpiece" and "Falling Free" produced by William Orbit, her longtime collaborator from 1997 opus 'Ray Of Light' If you want a pop album to make you dance, smile, cry and exorcise some demons. This is the one for you. It also happens to be her best in over a decade. Expand
  82. Apr 2, 2012
    it's the greatest album she's ever done: some girls, i'm addicted, turn up the radio, gang bang, fallin free, love spent, .... and it's gonna be BIG
  83. Apr 1, 2012
    As a late 30-something, I grew up during Madonna's prominence in the pop music world. And I'm not too ashamed to admit I listened to her throughout the 80's and 90's. When Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera came onto the scene, many were looking to see which one would be the "new Madonna". Yet Madonna was still relevant in those days. That was then and this is now. For better or worse,As a late 30-something, I grew up during Madonna's prominence in the pop music world. And I'm not too ashamed to admit I listened to her throughout the 80's and 90's. When Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera came onto the scene, many were looking to see which one would be the "new Madonna". Yet Madonna was still relevant in those days. That was then and this is now. For better or worse, Lady GaGa has taken the title of "the new Madonna" to the new generation of pop music listeners, replete with controversial lyrics and outlandish outfits, both trademarks of Madonna during the height of her popularity. Therein lies the problem with Madonna's MDNA, and the album preceding it, Hard Candy. Both albums feel like Madonna is struggling to remain relevant by taking elements of other pop acts and incorporating them into her own rather than make her own music and follow her own path. Not to put too fine a point on it, but MDNA feels like Madonna is trying to copy Lady GaGa and others, rather than be the artist who helped to INSPIRE Lady GaGa. Ultimately forgettable, even for a Madonna fan, MDNA feels like further proof that Madonna should let go and realize there's been a changing of the guard in the world of pop music. Expand
  84. Apr 1, 2012
    Amazing album, not perfect nor her best work, probably on pair with Confessions, some of the songs are already a classic in her career (Gang Bang, I´m Addicted, Love Spent, Falling Free), only a couple of them could be considered fillers, however as I said I really like the album and it´s many styles, the whole album deserves a solid 8.
  85. Apr 1, 2012
    I love MDNA, much better than Hard Candy.
    Best songs are "Love Spent" "Gang Bang" "Im Addicted" "Masterpiece" "Falling Free" "Im a Sinner" "Turn up the Radio" "I **** Up" and "Beautiful Killer"
    MDNA is a great return of Madonna
  86. Apr 1, 2012
    I am a recent Madonna fan. I started to love her music when I bought Celebration. I only listened to another album which is Confessions On A Dancefloor. I must admit, after Confessions, I had really high expectations that MDNA did not meet. She seems to be more focused on being mad at her ex than actually jumping on the occasion to reinvent herself as an artist. This is what you get : aI am a recent Madonna fan. I started to love her music when I bought Celebration. I only listened to another album which is Confessions On A Dancefloor. I must admit, after Confessions, I had really high expectations that MDNA did not meet. She seems to be more focused on being mad at her ex than actually jumping on the occasion to reinvent herself as an artist. This is what you get : a wannabe-dark Madonna album with a production that is clearly irrelevant. Why did it hit a 7? MDNA has a certain charm. The lack of depth in lyrics in some songs is compensated with thickly layered songs and unexpected beats. The deluxe edition is somewhat useless. The only good extra track is "Best Friend". Even though "B-Day" is clearly a wink to the audience,"Beautiful Killer" and "I F*ck*d Up" possess a few very awful lines hat ruins the whole songs and make it less believable. My favorite tracks : "Masterpiece", "Falling Free", "Best Friend", "Love Spent" (even though this one could have been better).. Expand
  87. Apr 1, 2012
    There are some brilliant songs: Love spent, Beautiful killer, Falling Free. This album is much better than Hard Candy, but it isn't so amazing as Confessions on the dance floor
  88. Apr 1, 2012
    I couldn't wait for "MDNA" but now I'm so disappointed... I believe that this is Madonna's worst album I expected more from Martin Solveig, but most of the songs sound the same. There's no originality, lyrics are very boring and there's nothing else to say.
  89. Apr 1, 2012
    Absolute cracker of a record! Some of the best songs of her career here. Not your average POP album. An eclectic mix of music genres with a Madonna flavour. Sadly the user average is brought down by "reviewers" rating it 0, but then gave Gagas very mediocre Born this Way a 10...suss much?
  90. Mar 31, 2012
    She's trying to go to the 1980's Era but unfortunately she can't! ... Non of the songs fits her old career and her voice is way back. so trying something classical would be way better than coming back by copying Gaga. Rate 4/10
  91. Mar 31, 2012
    A very honest, catchy and diverse record, with only few 'reductive-ish' moments. 'Gang Bang' , 'I'm Addicted' , 'I'm A Sinner', 'Love Spent' and 'Falling Free' are standout tracks, while first two singles are easily the weakest tracks here.
  92. Mar 30, 2012
    I'd say MDNA locates itself right between Confessions on a Dance Floor and Hard Candy. In average it's neither too good or bad. Orbit produced tracks feels way better than the rest... this should have been a solo producer record
  93. Mar 30, 2012
    Although it's not as gr8 as ROL and LAP, I'm glad to see Madge getting back to her roots where she's most comfortable at; electronica and dance. It's my favorite album since Confessions, and like Dr. Drew said it's addictive!
  94. Mar 30, 2012
    Absolutely triumphant return after the good but not great HARD CANDY. Love the melodic "Falling Free," "Love Spent," "Masterpiece." The dance songs are incredible, with wild "Gang Bang" standing out. Only skipping "Superstar" so far. I guess you could say I'm addicted.
  95. Mar 30, 2012
    I wasn't too sure about this album. I'm more into Ladytron, Glass Candy, Chromatics, Crystal Castles. I loved the "American Life" album, but didn't really care for the two that followed. MDNA, though, is probably the best Madonna album I've ever listened to. I kind of sounds llke she went back and hand picked all the best ingredients from her old **** and decided to put on a new spinI wasn't too sure about this album. I'm more into Ladytron, Glass Candy, Chromatics, Crystal Castles. I loved the "American Life" album, but didn't really care for the two that followed. MDNA, though, is probably the best Madonna album I've ever listened to. I kind of sounds llke she went back and hand picked all the best ingredients from her old **** and decided to put on a new spin on them. For example, in concept, the song "Love Spent" is almost like a sequel or follow up to Material Girl, only this time it's sincerely heartbreaking instead of ironically cheeky. Also, the mix of banjo and Tetrisesque beats reminds me of better version of "Don't Tell Me." Another example is "I'm a Sinner" which harkens back to the late 90's/early 00s Madonna when she was exploring that sixties sound on "Beautiful Stranger" and "Amazing." It's probably the most carefree and fun without being juvenile or silly. The song reminds me of Geoge A Romero's witchcraft in 70s suburbia thriller "Season of the Witch" or makes me picture the cast of "The Ice Storm" getting down. "Falling Free" is Madonna again excelling something a lot of people seem to overlook: creating some of the saddest sounds possible. This one is up there with "Bad Girl" "Oh Father" "Gone" and "Easy Ride" as one of the darkest songs she's ever put out. Great album. Expand
  96. Mar 29, 2012
    As a life long madonna fan, I have to admit I approached MDNA with equal measures of excitement and apprehension. reason? i hated hard candy. thankfully, MDNA delivers - for the most part. Let's get the bad news out of the way: yes, it's true, there are quite a few unimaginative stinkers here. Give Me All Your Luvin remains one of her weakest comeback singles, and wannabe stompers likeAs a life long madonna fan, I have to admit I approached MDNA with equal measures of excitement and apprehension. reason? i hated hard candy. thankfully, MDNA delivers - for the most part. Let's get the bad news out of the way: yes, it's true, there are quite a few unimaginative stinkers here. Give Me All Your Luvin remains one of her weakest comeback singles, and wannabe stompers like "Some Girls" and "Girl Gone Wild" try hard, but inevitably fail to lift off. good "bad" Madonna songs like "Super Star" and "Turn Up The Radio" are pleasant, but they aren't likely to set anyone on fire.
    However, that's where the bad news ends.

When the album gets going, it's nothing short of amazing. "Gang Bang" recalls the adventurous spirit of "Impressive Instant". "I Don't Give A F", "Love Spent" and "Best Friend" give the album an emotional weight that her last few albums lacked. No prizes for correctly guessing what inspired these songs, but her eloquence in the narrative of pain is as startling as it is heartbreaking.

And then, there are the ballads. You may have watched W.E. and hated it. Or have decided to hate the film without watching it anyway. But you can't slate the craftsanship behind "Masterpiece". It has an elegance and romantic sheen that most current hit-makers would struggle to emulate.

To top it off, there's "Falling Free" - poetic, haunting and evocative - it's possibly the best Madonna song in years.

Yes, MDNA is uneven and has its share of fillers and calculated shockers. But the good bits are so outstanding, it forces one to forgive its less than stellar elements. It's an album that's worth repeated listening. And one that's befitting of her stature. Most importantly, it's an album which suggests that we have every right to expect more greatness from Ms. Ciccone in the years to come.
  97. Mar 29, 2012
    Absolutely awful. This album is the most unoriginal piece of trash i've heard. It's basically her trying to seem hip and relevant by singing things like "gang bang" and basically promoting a drug. Every track sounds the same, and i'm sure most of the album was sampled from music released within the last year or so.
    All I have to say Madonna is bye.
  98. Mar 29, 2012
    I was a bit skeptical when I first heard Girl Gone Wild but after hearing MDNA, in its entirety, I have to say that I
  99. Mar 29, 2012
    You can tell this woman is in lot of pain from divorce, in my opinion the reason this album will be a huge success. Gang Bang, Some Girls, Love Spent, Masterpiece, even GGW, all amazing songs.
  100. Mar 29, 2012
    There's only one problem in MDNA: It's not a hole new thing. Instead, she did use her talent as nobody can do and did a perfect work with all the trending kinds of music we hear now. And, for me, that's enough. The album sounds GREAT.

1. May 2, 2012
    Madonna's 12th album has a good title and a nice cover, but that's almost as much as you can say in its favour. [Jun 2012, p.77]
  2. Apr 17, 2012
    [The music] is not exactly bad, but has about as much creativity and passion behind it as a spreadsheet.
    No, MDNA can't be hailed as Madge's best ever album, and it may not contain the most thought- provoking lyrics of her career (perhaps an intentional tongue-in-cheek poke at the current state of pop music?), but it is the reigning Queen of Pop's most inspired work since Music, as well as the highly addictive record Madonna celebrants have been craving.