Memento Mori

8.8

Review this album

1. britonw
    Nov 24, 2009
    Great album, a must listen for any flyleaf fans.
  2. C.S.P
    Nov 29, 2009
    This album definitely seems better than the first album to me. There are a few songs that i could do without, but on the whole it is a very respectable release. I've found myself listening to a few of the songs on repeat, just letting them get under my skin, notably "Arise," where the lyrics just seemed to ring true to me. It's very much like she was saying what i couldn't. This album definitely seems better than the first album to me. There are a few songs that i could do without, but on the whole it is a very respectable release. I've found myself listening to a few of the songs on repeat, just letting them get under my skin, notably "Arise," where the lyrics just seemed to ring true to me. It's very much like she was saying what i couldn't. My only complaint is that they should've had this ready earlier... Here's to not having to wait so long for the next great release. Expand
  3. Oct 3, 2012
    Flyleaf's Memento Mori album is obviously better than their previous one. Lacey's vocals are extremely powerful and their songs are so deep... You can easily get addicted more and more every single time... Best tracks: Again, Missing, Set Apart This Dream, Tiny Heart, Circle, Arise, and last but not least Break Your Knees... Enjoy! ^_^
  4. AustinM
    Nov 28, 2009
    A real step up from their first album, and some of the best alternative rock out there. It's noticeably more Christian-inspired than their debut album, but also boasts some of the best lyrics and depth this side of rock music. Definitely a buy for all alternative rock and Flyleaf fans.
  5. Nov 2, 2013
    A beautifully constructed sophomore album from Flyleaf that mixes its soft melodies and heavy guitar riffs along with Lacey Sturm's angelic voice make for a great album with an incredible message to tell.
  6. FD
    Nov 30, 2009
    Pretty solid.
  7. JohnS
    Dec 5, 2009
    Lacey's passion could have kept the titanic afloat. The songs and music vary from good to excellent. Every song on the album gets a real emotional kick from Lacey, who's emotional energy never drifts below maximum setting.

1. On Memento Mori, Frontwoman Lacey Mosley couches her searching wails in couplets that expertly walk the line between secular and God-centered. Her passionate devotionals make for galvanizing, if eventually exhausting, listening.
  2. There are just a few riffs and grating melodies that spoil what could have been an album that was at least as strong as its predecessor.
  3. Alternative Press
    Momento Mori is a good album, with the awesome 'Set Apart This Dream' and 'Again' shining with their anthemic choruses and deft use of pop melody. The tragedy is that it could have been great. [Dec 2009, p.108]