Review this album

Dec 7, 2008
    Great Album!
  2. hippophile
    May 18, 2008
    Having been a big fan of Petty's rock'n'roll, and a alt-county/americana freak, the merging of the two on Mudcrutch blows me away!
  3. BryanW.
    May 20, 2008
    Pretty darn good, mostly. Tom continues to make classics, and to do it with the original band when he didn't need tp...that says alot about him. Definately more of a country flavor, but a great cd!! Keep it up Tom
  4. AndrewG.
    Jun 3, 2008
    Easily my favorite album of the year thus far. The band sounds as if it had as much fun recording the album as discerning listeners will have hearing it. And we're talking big fun here, especially for those of us "chronologically-challenged" enough to remember 1970s west coast folk-rock and why we dug it.
    May 17, 2008
    This is real album of this month(maybe) ever this is so good..listen to this bio album & enjoy..!
  6. Drew
    May 19, 2008
    How does this have a score of 84 when none of the reviews are above 83??? get it together, metacritic.
  7. SeanT.
    Jul 4, 2008
    Very good country rockish tunes, stellar musicianship, cut live, let's home Tom and the boys keep this Mudcruthch thing happening!
  8. FredF.
    Aug 22, 2008
    Very country, very good. Shady Grove is one of the better songs I've heard in a long while.
  9. TomW.
    May 19, 2008
    Very enjoyable listening--not Tom Petty's best, but very nice nonetheless.

1. All these happy concessions, along with the strong emphasis on instrumental interplay, give Mudcrutch the feeling of a true band effort, and even if it's not perfect--it is indeed possible to amble and ramble just a little bit too much--it's thoroughly winning because of its imperfections, as this is music that's all about cruising down the back roads on a sunny nostalgic day.
  2. Mostly, Mudcrutch works for everyone: fans, the members who were left behind fame-wise, and Petty himself, who gets to look like a good guy for giving them a taste of what they missed.
  3. No, the sound isn’t all that different from what Petty does with the Heartbreakers, but the Mudcrutch album has the looser feel you get from old buddies jamming for kicks.