• Record Label: Rounder

Apr 6, 2003
    The best AK+US yet!
  2. chadf
    Aug 7, 2003
    Wonderful voice just a perfect compilation loved it
  3. DanielleG
    Sep 9, 2003
    She is the best, I love everything she sings!!!!
  4. JimR.
    Mar 8, 2002
    Great vocals, instrumentation and studio recording. I would rate this recording as on of my favorites, and I'm not even a bluegrass fan, but a progressive rock fan. This is just good as it gets.
  5. ScottR.
    Jul 6, 2002
    There is something intoxicating about Alison Krauss's voice. I just bought this cd and have listened to the whole thing 5 times today already. I have all of her others, this is my all time favorite. I love her and wish she could be mine!
  6. KyeinA
    May 15, 2003
    This album is quite simplistic, with Alison staying true to her roots. Sometimes, however, they seem to divulge too far from a neo-blue-grass state into a true bluegrass. Sometimes, it also gets slightly repetative. I loved "Crazy Faith"
  7. Jonathanx
    Aug 15, 2003
    everything about this album is a masterpiece!
  8. JennyShick
    Aug 29, 2003
    Alison Krauss has a beautiful angelic voice, untiring and mellow.
  9. raVen
    Jan 28, 2004
    (9.5) There are certain voices that transcend genre or musical preference and can be held up apart from others by simply being beautiful. Alison Krauss has such a voice. It's almost painful how beautiful it is. ...For their part, the guys of Union Station are all masters of their particular craft, and the AK+US concert experience is something not to be missed if the chance arises. (9.5) There are certain voices that transcend genre or musical preference and can be held up apart from others by simply being beautiful. Alison Krauss has such a voice. It's almost painful how beautiful it is. ...For their part, the guys of Union Station are all masters of their particular craft, and the AK+US concert experience is something not to be missed if the chance arises. New Favorite, in turn, serves to spotlight the guys more and is not ruined by that. However, there is no mistaking what the main attraction is here. See and/or hear her just once and you'll be bewitched. ...She's one heckuva fiddler, too. Great CD, but see them live if you can--it's more than worth it. Expand
  10. HJSchenk
    Nov 14, 2001
    I love her voice and the music is great.
  11. WilliamT.
    Nov 17, 2001
    Not enough Alison.. too much Union Station
  12. ArtA.
    Oct 23, 2001
    One of the very few artisits whom I eagerly await new releases from. A unique talent whose voice is instantly recognizable. This album showcases her evolution from down home country gal to a more versatile and accomplished talent.
  13. WilliamL
    Jan 21, 2002
    Great Album!!
  14. MistyW.
    Feb 28, 2002
    No one has a more pure and real voice than Alison Krauss.
  15. SarahM
    Dec 5, 2003
    Alison's voice is like an angel.
  16. SteveT
    Nov 27, 2001
    Regardless of genre, simply wonderful music
  17. LynnB
    Nov 28, 2002
    I really like the song "Let me touch you for awhile" it Means so much to people in so many different ways.

The bluegrass scene is now offically in touch with its feminine side. [Sep 2001, p.96]
    Whatever the source, each song is given a finely detailed treatment that gets to its emotional core, and the exquisite engineering allows each nuance to add to the total effect.
  3. The whole album feels a little too slick and reverbed-out... While there are intriguing moments in the album, it lacks the spark that So Long So Wrong had in spades, and even their few moments on the O Brother soundtrack seemed to breathe more life into the band than New Favorite does.