No Love Deep Web - Death Grips
8.7

Review this album

1. Feb 14, 2013
    No Love Deep Web seems more or less very inaccessible as opposed to the Money Store, but in fact, in my opinion, I found it to be way more accessible than The Money Store. The production seems way more stripped down and took a much darker approach. If The Money Store didn't seem to dark for you, No Love Deep Web will surely fix that. The best way I like to describe it is if The Money Store was MC Ride contemplating suicide, No Love is him actually committing it. The lyrics are in your face and as abrasive as anything this band has ever done. All In All, No Love Deep Web is an album full of fantastic ideas and from a band that just keeps getting better. A- Expand
  2. Jun 23, 2013
    No Love Deep Web is yet another great effort from Death Grips. From a production standpoint, this thing is solid, It takes the great production elements of both their previous albums and finds a nice combination. Another element that makes this album stand out is the lyrics, I can easily call this the darkest out of all the Death Grips albums. MC Ride's vocals stand out more as voice is less buried in the instrumental track, this reveals some pretty frightening lyrics that sound conceived from sort of terrible drug trip. The lyrics amplify primal desires of MC Ride's person even more. Overall this was a great album even if it didn't seem as consistent as the Money Store. Expand
  3. Dec 13, 2013
    This was the album that assured me that Death Grips were one of the best thing I've ever heard. A rebellion scream with the band's harsh, rugged and unique sound. One of the best bands of the decade shows what they can do when released from the tightened ropes of the music industry. Simply strange and amazing.
  4. Nov 25, 2013
    No Love Deep Web is yet another great effort from Death Grips. great sound, good beat, style and rap.
    I do not listen to mostly rap, but that 'a concentration of malice and sheer power!

1. Nov 18, 2013
    As far as the argument over whether Death Grips are indie rap's great, destructive Dada Art crew or whether they are just the genre's Spinal Tap, the excellent No Love Deep Web suggests they're the sophisticated former.
  2. There's more space in these tracks, and unlikely hints of sweetening both orchestral and distaff that come as laugh moments whether the lunatics running the asylum think they're funny or not.
  3. Dec 7, 2012
    His unfocused ire dominates every inch of space. It's frustrating because the best tracks here deftly whirl together seemingly disparate styles. [Dec 2012, p.61]