9.1

Review this album

1. EmilyS.
    May 1, 2001
    This is another brilliant album fron NC, with an unexpected (but not unwelcome) change in vocal range on some songs. Buy it, buy it, BUY IT!!!
  2. MattL.
    Aug 4, 2001
    An 11 if I had the choice. Not for the ignorant or lighthearted, but it touches on the themes that Nick himself calls the only ones in the world: Death, Love, and God. Buy it and listen to it over and over again. And by the way, the myopic critics aside Nick Cave is to Neil Diamond what Deniro is to Kermit the Frog.
  3. IoannisL
    Dec 2, 2005
    Three days before I have my first performance on stage, Ibought this record and I invariably decided to play and sing 2 songs from this, No more... & Sweetheart Come. This record reminds me of Cohen. And that's good. It will never become apalling to me, 'cause it's just invigorating and depressing at the same tine! Thanks Nick!!!
  4. DaizyX
    Jun 25, 2006
    it's like the album has its magic that you'll keep on looking back to it and drown yourself in all its awesome songs.
  5. Dirk-MichaelK.
    May 31, 2001
    Absolutely fantastic, even when you hear it the first time...
  6. Roman
    Apr 11, 2002
    Stimmungs-beeinflussend wie kaum für möglich gehalten!
  7. theriddlerf
    May 15, 2004
    The best record of the Bad Seeds...read "And the Ass Saw the Angel" written by Nick Cave!
  8. SpirisL
    Dec 2, 2005
    Ten, ten, ten! Just 10
  9. JasperB.
    Sep 29, 2005
    My first Nick Cave album, and I like it a lot. Besides, I got it from my Baby, and "Sweetheart Come" sounds like it was written especially for us, sad though it may seem.
  10. ArnoldK.
    Jan 13, 2002
    Worth the price of admission for 'Darker with the Day' alone. A Consistent and brilliant artist.
  11. AlexM
    Oct 18, 2003
    Simply Fantastic
  12. PeteF
    Sep 23, 2006
    I think that Nick Cave one of the few true artists in the modern rock music. Everything he does deserves attention and this album is no exception. I guess in ten years or more some of his records may be recognized as classic and this one can be a strong candidate for that.

1. Cave's latest finds the singer in perhaps the finest voice of his career, armed with a set of melodic ballads and mid-tempo rockers which exemplify his dedicated, traditionalist's approach to the songwriter's craft.
  2. No More Shall We Part is a beautiful, elegant record, capably fulfilling the promise of The Boatman's Call, but it exacts a harrowing toll from the listener. This is not a record to which you can listen lightly; if used as background music it will gradually darken your mood, like poison seeping slowly into a well.
  3. Melody rarely comes easily, but this is a flamboyantly musical record that creates the perfect backdrop for Cave's theological, metaphysical musings.