Nocturnes - Little Boots
7.0

Review this album

1. Aug 23, 2013
    I like this album, but Hands is slightly better in my opinion. In Nocturnes LB has seeked influence from seventies disco and house-music. I like all the songs, but my personal favourites are; Every Night I Say A Prayer, Broken Record, Motorway, Crescendo and All For You.
  2. May 16, 2013
    This is a such great album, even better than her debut "hands". Nocturnes shows a Little Boots more mature and full of experiences in clubs. Her experience as a dj is involved throughout the 10 tracks. besides creating hooks and pop songs creates a dance floor to be removed only shaking it.

While Nocturnes doesn’t have the immediate impact or supremely sticky quality of Little Boots’, AKA Victoria Hesketh’s, high-caliber dance-pop debut, Hands, it does display a slow-growing (Or is that glowing?) charm that rings true to the album’s muted title.
  2. Nocturnes rates better as an album that sounds better with time, as opposed to Hands’ sugar rush appeal. However, it also retains an uneven quality that can make getting through Nocturnes feel like someone trying to drag the party on a little too long.
  3. May 23, 2013
    It’s Nocturnes' two sleek singles (“Motorway,” “Broken Record”) that manage the best in dark electronic allure with shiny, hook-driven choruses.