Nothing But the Beat

• Record Label: Capitol
  • Release Date: Aug 29, 2011

Review this album

1. Feb 3, 2012
    This album is not good. Not at all. Yes, some songs are kind of catchy. But there's nothing that makes this album "stand out". It's all very plain, it lacks passion, it's got no unique sound, there's nothing that moves you to listen to it again. Don't buy this album. I made the same mistake and I can tell you, it's a waste of your money.
  2. Mar 5, 2012
    This is what any decent person would call absolutely awful and a discrace to music but it appears that Guetta has fans who are able to read to get onto Metacritic.
  3. Apr 21, 2013
    I did not like this album and i am disappointed that i spent money on it. I brought because of a few good songs such as where them girls at and titanium. But overwise the album is poor. Most of the songs are average filler, a few weak and a few were dreadful. The second disc is really boring as it is pure dance music which i don't even listen to. A big disappointment.

1. With four-on-the-floor dance music the nearest the actually popular pop world came to mindless rocking out in 2011, I only wish it had a few "I Gotta Feeling"s.
  2. Magnet
    Nov 11, 2011
    It's fine that none of this is the least bit subtle. Memorable, or anything other than baseline catchy, is another thing entirely. [#81, p. 56]
  3. Sep 27, 2011
    Nothing But the Beat is in many ways a showcase of everything that is bad about pop music in 2011: derivative, novelty, shallow, rushed, Auto-Tuned to the ends of the earth and thoroughly uninteresting.