• Record Label: Capitol
6.2

Review this album

1. ally
    Dec 25, 2008
    I really liked this album, and it's fun to listen to. Just goes to show that music is subjective.
  2. MarieO
    May 23, 2009
    My favorite album of 2008 and still waiting for another one that will match the quality and number of great songs that are on "One of the boys". I can't understand the hate against Katy Perry who is a deserving artist... from a christian family, to church singer, waitress in LA, almost broke, to finally making it to the top because of her great music and songs. She's my hero! My favorite album of 2008 and still waiting for another one that will match the quality and number of great songs that are on "One of the boys". I can't understand the hate against Katy Perry who is a deserving artist... from a christian family, to church singer, waitress in LA, almost broke, to finally making it to the top because of her great music and songs. She's my hero! Her story is very touching. Expand
  3. ChueW
    Jun 27, 2009
    I thought it was great, even though I'm not really into this kinda music. I think some songs aren't that good but its a good album.
  4. Oct 13, 2011
    Simply amazing. This is the real Katy Perry! Well she still can't sing that well, and she's quite terrible live - but this album represents her. Not purely commercial Teenage Dream.
  5. Mar 24, 2013
    One Of The Best Debut's In Along Time!
  6. AimeeC.
    Jul 9, 2008
    OMG. I don't know why people hate. This is a great album to listen to while you're on a long roadtrip with your girlfriends! Katy Perry's lyrics are funny, witty, and easy to sing to. I recommend this to anyone who has a sense of humor and likes to have fun.
  7. EmmaO
    Apr 20, 2009
    the reason people hate katy perry is because she has controversial lyrics, but actually she is very talented and a good singer/songwriter. anyways this album is great and not one song is a throwaway.
  8. MattD.
    Jul 1, 2008
    The negative reviews make no sense, and it seems like they were pre-disposed to bash the album. For instance, no where does Katy sound remotely like Regina Spektor! It's a fun, refreshing album that offers unique viewpoints and very good hooks. Her voice is also very distinctive.
  9. benh
    Sep 4, 2008
    A strong collection of witty and creative tunes. One of the strongest albums that 2008 has to offer.
  10. JB.
    Aug 15, 2008
    I LOVE this album. The bottom line w/an album should be, "Do I enjoy it and can I listen to it over and over?" This album is catchy, easy to listen to repeatedly and fills both requisites above completely. Can't understand the low marks.
  11. PauloC
    Jan 23, 2009
    Nice songs and beats! There's a lot of potential hits.
  12. FraserM
    Nov 29, 2008
    katy has produced a awesome album which exudes creativity and freshness. Her vocals are so amazing and enticing possessing an ecelectic range and new sound. This is a great debut album and she is already reaping the awards for it. Looks like she'll be arfound for a while...look out for her, BIG i tell ya!
  13. RichardH
    Feb 22, 2009
    Very catchy album, I don't understand the negative reviews. I love it!
  14. StephaneC
    May 23, 2009
    Excellent album... from a talented young lady. The first time I buy something for ages. It goes from rock to pop to ballads with her raw and strong voice, which is full of energy. Don't miss this fun and entertaining album and artist.
  15. Jul 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of The Boys is not a ordinary album.Is original,stronger and fun.One Of The Boys it's the perfect started.I Kissed a Girl it's the best song of the album.Waking Up In Vegas is good but not enough.Thinking Of U is the best ever ballad i hear.Mannequin it;s stronger and contagious.Ur So Gay is A Guilty Pleasure.You don't stop to listen the song cuz u sing:Ur so gay but you don't like the boys.Hot N Cold it's cool and fresh but not so original.A mix between I Kissed A Girl and Ur So Gay.If U Can Afford Me:One of the best song.Lost a perfect ballad but not good position in the track list.Self Inflicted:It's a normal song i can't remember nothing about the lyrics or instrumental after ten listen.I'm Still Breathing A Perfect Ballad.Fingerprints:Fun and contagious.Conclusion:Super Cd Expand
  16. Jul 22, 2011
    From "One Of The Boys" to "Fingerprint" to the bonus tracks like "I Think I'm Ready", "Cup Of Coffee", "Electric Feel", and "Black & Gold" every track on this album is flawless. I really like the billboard review. At that time it had been a minute since an album was full of so many potential hits. I honestly had to pick my jaw off the ground when i saw the low 6.0 user rating on here!
  17. Mar 27, 2012
    Still my favorite Katy Perry album. It more personal than Teenage Dream, and has an rock edge to it. I'm still breathing remains my favorite song of all time. I hope to seem more material like this in her upcoming album.
  18. Oct 13, 2013
    Buen álbum, este estilo enfocándose al Rock era la verdadera esencia de Perry, no se porque cambio tanto en su segundo album, los sonidos que maneja One Of The Boys son realmente buenos.
  19. Dec 5, 2014
    I'm sure if critics heard this album in 2014 rather than 2008, it would be praised a lot more. The LGBT aspect of "kissing girls" turned off most critics back then. However, now that we have progressed this album would be considered outstanding. In 2008 the album was subject to bias, which was completely unfair because this is a FLAWLESS album. Perfect mixture of catchy pop tunes, andI'm sure if critics heard this album in 2014 rather than 2008, it would be praised a lot more. The LGBT aspect of "kissing girls" turned off most critics back then. However, now that we have progressed this album would be considered outstanding. In 2008 the album was subject to bias, which was completely unfair because this is a FLAWLESS album. Perfect mixture of catchy pop tunes, and powerful ballads that speak to your soul. Expand
  20. Dec 16, 2014
    One of The Boys is not a ordinary album.Is original,stronger and fun.One Of The Boys it's the perfect started.I Kissed a Girl it's the best song of the album.Waking Up In Vegas is good but not enough.Thinking Of U is the best ever ballad i hear.Mannequin it;s stronger and contagious.Ur So Gay is A Guilty Pleasure.You don't stop to listen the song cuz u sing:Ur so gay but you don't like theOne of The Boys is not a ordinary album.Is original,stronger and fun.One Of The Boys it's the perfect started.I Kissed a Girl it's the best song of the album.Waking Up In Vegas is good but not enough.Thinking Of U is the best ever ballad i hear.Mannequin it;s stronger and contagious.Ur So Gay is A Guilty Pleasure.You don't stop to listen the song cuz u sing:Ur so gay but you don't like the boys.Hot N Cold it's cool and fresh but not so original.A mix between I Kissed A Girl and Ur So Gay.If U Can Afford Me:One of the best song.Lost a perfect ballad but not good position in the track list.Self Inflicted:It's a normal song i can't remember nothing about the lyrics or instrumental after ten listen.I'm Still Breathing A Perfect Expand
  21. Jan 25, 2015
    Its one of the best's 2008 albums BUT "Ur so gay" ITS THE WORST MUSIC OF KATY EVER! I prefer Teenage Dream and Prism. This album is good, but have others 2008 albums best.
  22. Feb 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. so the album in general was average , but the fact that Hot N 'Cold him, made ​​the album had a quality boost, katy is an amazing artist and I love it Expand
  23. Mar 21, 2015
    Ótimo álbum, que nos anima de uma forma sensacional e nos deixa relaxados e calmos logo em seguida. Exemplos são Hot n Cold e Black and Gold, respectivamente.
  24. Apr 5, 2015
    Melhor trabalho da Katy ele é incrível, adorei pop/rock nela encachou bem com seu timbre, liricamente é de longe o melhor álbum da mesma, Lost e TOY melhores musicas.
  25. May 3, 2015
    De fato, o melhor álbum de Katy Perry até o momento. É um bom álbum e "prazeroso" de se ouvir, principalmente músicas como: Thinking Of You, Lost, I Kissed A Girl, Ur So Gay e One Of The Boys.

1. The problem is not with Katy's gender-bending, it's that her heart isn't in it; she's just using it to get her places, so she sinks to crass, craven depths that turn One of the Boys into a grotesque emblem of all the wretched excesses of this decade.
  2. Yes, Perry has a heart, but it sounds like her bustier's too tight for her to use it.
  3. 'Mannequin' features some cleverly written lyrics, but Perry doesn't possess the grit or vocal prowess to follow through, and the title track is like No Doubt's 'Just a Girl' sans personality and conviction.