One Of The Boys - Katy Perry
6.1

Review this album

1. Oct 13, 2011
    Simply amazing. This is the real Katy Perry! Well she still can't sing that well, and she's quite terrible live - but this album represents her. Not purely commercial Teenage Dream.
  2. Mar 24, 2013
    One Of The Best Debut's In Along Time!
  3. Jul 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of The Boys is not a ordinary album.Is original,stronger and fun.One Of The Boys it's the perfect started.I Kissed a Girl it's the best song of the album.Waking Up In Vegas is good but not enough.Thinking Of U is the best ever ballad i hear.Mannequin it;s stronger and contagious.Ur So Gay is A Guilty Pleasure.You don't stop to listen the song cuz u sing:Ur so gay but you don't like the boys.Hot N Cold it's cool and fresh but not so original.A mix between I Kissed A Girl and Ur So Gay.If U Can Afford Me:One of the best song.Lost a perfect ballad but not good position in the track list.Self Inflicted:It's a normal song i can't remember nothing about the lyrics or instrumental after ten listen.I'm Still Breathing A Perfect Ballad.Fingerprints:Fun and contagious.Conclusion:Super Cd Expand
  4. Jul 22, 2011
    From "One Of The Boys" to "Fingerprint" to the bonus tracks like "I Think I'm Ready", "Cup Of Coffee", "Electric Feel", and "Black & Gold" every track on this album is flawless. I really like the billboard review. At that time it had been a minute since an album was full of so many potential hits. I honestly had to pick my jaw off the ground when i saw the low 6.0 user rating on here!
  5. Mar 27, 2012
    Still my favorite Katy Perry album. It more personal than Teenage Dream, and has an rock edge to it. I'm still breathing remains my favorite song of all time. I hope to seem more material like this in her upcoming album.
  6. Oct 13, 2013
    Buen álbum, este estilo enfocándose al Rock era la verdadera esencia de Perry, no se porque cambio tanto en su segundo album, los sonidos que maneja One Of The Boys son realmente buenos.
  7. Dec 5, 2014
    I'm sure if critics heard this album in 2014 rather than 2008, it would be praised a lot more. The LGBT aspect of "kissing girls" turned off most critics back then. However, now that we have progressed this album would be considered outstanding. In 2008 the album was subject to bias, which was completely unfair because this is a FLAWLESS album. Perfect mixture of catchy pop tunes, andI'm sure if critics heard this album in 2014 rather than 2008, it would be praised a lot more. The LGBT aspect of "kissing girls" turned off most critics back then. However, now that we have progressed this album would be considered outstanding. In 2008 the album was subject to bias, which was completely unfair because this is a FLAWLESS album. Perfect mixture of catchy pop tunes, and powerful ballads that speak to your soul. Expand
  8. Dec 16, 2014
    One of The Boys is not a ordinary album.Is original,stronger and fun.One Of The Boys it's the perfect started.I Kissed a Girl it's the best song of the album.Waking Up In Vegas is good but not enough.Thinking Of U is the best ever ballad i hear.Mannequin it;s stronger and contagious.Ur So Gay is A Guilty Pleasure.You don't stop to listen the song cuz u sing:Ur so gay but you don't like theOne of The Boys is not a ordinary album.Is original,stronger and fun.One Of The Boys it's the perfect started.I Kissed a Girl it's the best song of the album.Waking Up In Vegas is good but not enough.Thinking Of U is the best ever ballad i hear.Mannequin it;s stronger and contagious.Ur So Gay is A Guilty Pleasure.You don't stop to listen the song cuz u sing:Ur so gay but you don't like the boys.Hot N Cold it's cool and fresh but not so original.A mix between I Kissed A Girl and Ur So Gay.If U Can Afford Me:One of the best song.Lost a perfect ballad but not good position in the track list.Self Inflicted:It's a normal song i can't remember nothing about the lyrics or instrumental after ten listen.I'm Still Breathing A Perfect Expand
  9. Jan 25, 2015
    Its one of the best's 2008 albums BUT "Ur so gay" ITS THE WORST MUSIC OF KATY EVER! I prefer Teenage Dream and Prism. This album is good, but have others 2008 albums best.
  10. Feb 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. so the album in general was average , but the fact that Hot N 'Cold him, made ​​the album had a quality boost, katy is an amazing artist and I love it Expand
  11. Mar 21, 2015
    Ótimo álbum, que nos anima de uma forma sensacional e nos deixa relaxados e calmos logo em seguida. Exemplos são Hot n Cold e Black and Gold, respectivamente.
  12. Apr 5, 2015
    Melhor trabalho da Katy ele é incrível, adorei pop/rock nela encachou bem com seu timbre, liricamente é de longe o melhor álbum da mesma, Lost e TOY melhores musicas.

1. The problem is not with Katy's gender-bending, it's that her heart isn't in it; she's just using it to get her places, so she sinks to crass, craven depths that turn One of the Boys into a grotesque emblem of all the wretched excesses of this decade.
  2. Yes, Perry has a heart, but it sounds like her bustier's too tight for her to use it.
  3. 'Mannequin' features some cleverly written lyrics, but Perry doesn't possess the grit or vocal prowess to follow through, and the title track is like No Doubt's 'Just a Girl' sans personality and conviction.