One Of The Boys

6.1

Review this album

1. ally
    Dec 25, 2008
    I really liked this album, and it's fun to listen to. Just goes to show that music is subjective.
  2. Oct 13, 2013
    Buen álbum, este estilo enfocándose al Rock era la verdadera esencia de Perry, no se porque cambio tanto en su segundo album, los sonidos que maneja One Of The Boys son realmente buenos.
  3. Aug 26, 2013
    It's good. Not the best album of 2008, but it's definitely close. The only bad thing on the album is some of the songs would be better for other singers.
  4. MarieO
    May 23, 2009
    My favorite album of 2008 and still waiting for another one that will match the quality and number of great songs that are on "One of the boys". I can't understand the hate against Katy Perry who is a deserving artist... from a christian family, to church singer, waitress in LA, almost broke, to finally making it to the top because of her great music and songs. She's my hero! My favorite album of 2008 and still waiting for another one that will match the quality and number of great songs that are on "One of the boys". I can't understand the hate against Katy Perry who is a deserving artist... from a christian family, to church singer, waitress in LA, almost broke, to finally making it to the top because of her great music and songs. She's my hero! Her story is very touching. Expand
  5. ChueW
    Jun 27, 2009
    I thought it was great, even though I'm not really into this kinda music. I think some songs aren't that good but its a good album.
  6. Mar 25, 2012
    Good album! Funny and simply! Love the way she sings with a guitar........... I prefer "Teenage Dream" but this is good, too. ( sorry for my English )
  7. Oct 13, 2011
    Simply amazing. This is the real Katy Perry! Well she still can't sing that well, and she's quite terrible live - but this album represents her. Not purely commercial Teenage Dream.
  8. Mar 24, 2013
    One Of The Best Debut's In Along Time!
  9. AimeeC.
    Jul 9, 2008
    OMG. I don't know why people hate. This is a great album to listen to while you're on a long roadtrip with your girlfriends! Katy Perry's lyrics are funny, witty, and easy to sing to. I recommend this to anyone who has a sense of humor and likes to have fun.
  10. EmmaO
    Apr 20, 2009
    the reason people hate katy perry is because she has controversial lyrics, but actually she is very talented and a good singer/songwriter. anyways this album is great and not one song is a throwaway.
  11. MattD.
    Jul 1, 2008
    The negative reviews make no sense, and it seems like they were pre-disposed to bash the album. For instance, no where does Katy sound remotely like Regina Spektor! It's a fun, refreshing album that offers unique viewpoints and very good hooks. Her voice is also very distinctive.
  12. benh
    Sep 4, 2008
    A strong collection of witty and creative tunes. One of the strongest albums that 2008 has to offer.
  13. JoshuaM.
    Oct 5, 2009
    It's a good album with some good singles on it. Come one. All you guys can't say that "Hot N Cold" went through your heads at least once! My favorite song is "Fingerprints".
  14. JB.
    Aug 15, 2008
    I LOVE this album. The bottom line w/an album should be, "Do I enjoy it and can I listen to it over and over?" This album is catchy, easy to listen to repeatedly and fills both requisites above completely. Can't understand the low marks.
  15. MarkF
    Jan 1, 2009
    As with most albums I like, there are some songs I think are utterly awful on this album. On the other hand, Katy's voice grows on you. The first time I heard Hot N Cold, I hated it because her voice sounded creepy. I grew to like her voice and songs because, unlike most people in the industry (looking at you Brit, as much as I like you), she can write and has a unique voice.
  16. PauloC
    Jan 23, 2009
    Nice songs and beats! There's a lot of potential hits.
  17. FraserM
    Nov 29, 2008
    katy has produced a awesome album which exudes creativity and freshness. Her vocals are so amazing and enticing possessing an ecelectic range and new sound. This is a great debut album and she is already reaping the awards for it. Looks like she'll be arfound for a while...look out for her, BIG i tell ya!
  18. RichardH
    Feb 22, 2009
    Very catchy album, I don't understand the negative reviews. I love it!
  19. StephaneC
    May 23, 2009
    Excellent album... from a talented young lady. The first time I buy something for ages. It goes from rock to pop to ballads with her raw and strong voice, which is full of energy. Don't miss this fun and entertaining album and artist.
  20. Aug 22, 2010
    I expected something better from katy cuz i really liked her singles but the new songs are too slow and a bit boring,too. In a week her new album will be released ... let's hope 4 something more lively!!!
  21. Nov 27, 2010
    I love the album's concept, the classic rock feel. I love how Katy Perry solely writes her song like "Thinking of You", "One of the Boys" and "Mannequin." I also love her singles which are danceable and fun. But some songs are same sounding and kinda boring. But at least, I see the artistic value in the album.
  22. Feb 28, 2011
    Katy Perry Is One Of The Best Artists For Young Adults Because Of Her Style Of Singing.. This Album Features 11 Of Her Best Songs, Including Waking Up In Vegas, Hot N Cold, One Of The Boys, And Others...
    This Album Show's Her Creative Side Of Singing, And Experience In The Music World...
    This CD Would Be Great For A Katy Perry Fan!
  23. Jul 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of The Boys is not a ordinary album.Is original,stronger and fun.One Of The Boys it's the perfect started.I Kissed a Girl it's the best song of the album.Waking Up In Vegas is good but not enough.Thinking Of U is the best ever ballad i hear.Mannequin it;s stronger and contagious.Ur So Gay is A Guilty Pleasure.You don't stop to listen the song cuz u sing:Ur so gay but you don't like the boys.Hot N Cold it's cool and fresh but not so original.A mix between I Kissed A Girl and Ur So Gay.If U Can Afford Me:One of the best song.Lost a perfect ballad but not good position in the track list.Self Inflicted:It's a normal song i can't remember nothing about the lyrics or instrumental after ten listen.I'm Still Breathing A Perfect Ballad.Fingerprints:Fun and contagious.Conclusion:Super Cd Expand
  24. Jul 22, 2011
    From "One Of The Boys" to "Fingerprint" to the bonus tracks like "I Think I'm Ready", "Cup Of Coffee", "Electric Feel", and "Black & Gold" every track on this album is flawless. I really like the billboard review. At that time it had been a minute since an album was full of so many potential hits. I honestly had to pick my jaw off the ground when i saw the low 6.0 user rating on here!
  25. Sep 30, 2012
    One of the Boys is a decent debut album filled with catchy pop tunes and some addictive songs, though the songs really heavily on mainstream cliches and lack creativity. Overall, Over of the Boys is a fun pop album for people who are fans of today's mainstream music.
  26. May 25, 2012
    I've decided to lower my rating a bit for this album. I still think it's enjoyable and fun, and it's refreshing to listen to pop music that isn't the same kind of electronic dance pop that is so common now.
  27. Mar 27, 2012
    Still my favorite Katy Perry album. It more personal than Teenage Dream, and has an rock edge to it. I'm still breathing remains my favorite song of all time. I hope to seem more material like this in her upcoming album.
  28. May 28, 2012
    A Great Debut Album!
    I Think Katy's Real Self Didnt Seem To Shine In This Album Sadly Though... Still A Breathtaking Album..
    I Dont Like That Some Song's Were Seen As "Rock"
    Still Amazing!
    Giving This Album Above A 8 Would Be Too Nice!
  29. Mar 31, 2013
    Great album really shows Katys lyricall and vocal talent. From One Of The Boys to Fingerprints the album is very catchy and enjoyable. Listen to it with an open mind and you'll love it. The genre is more rock/pop than anything. The lead single was a great choice to attract and audience so with the other singles. The albm highlights are definatly If You Can Afford Me, Hot n' Cold andGreat album really shows Katys lyricall and vocal talent. From One Of The Boys to Fingerprints the album is very catchy and enjoyable. Listen to it with an open mind and you'll love it. The genre is more rock/pop than anything. The lead single was a great choice to attract and audience so with the other singles. The albm highlights are definatly If You Can Afford Me, Hot n' Cold and Thinking Of You. I really love Mannequin, Lost, I Kissed A Girl, Lost and Fingerprints to. Overall a enjoyable, amazing album and i give it a 9/10 and i would advise you to buy it now! but if you haven't heard some songs from it yet, listen to it first its really not for everyone, Enjoy! Expand
  30. Mar 24, 2013
    Katy Perry did fairly well on her debut album as a pop artist. Tracks "I Kissed A Girl" and "Waking Up In Vegas" are home runs.
  31. Aug 26, 2013
    An unfortunately underrated pop album, Perry's One of the Boys features some of the freshest, best-written pop/rock songs of the late 2000s. Borrowing from P!nk, Avril Lavigne, and even The Beach Boys, Katy's mainstream debut is a All-American, All-Californian, even at times retro-sounding record that features powerful vocals from Perry and appealing, suburban high-school, girl-next-door,An unfortunately underrated pop album, Perry's One of the Boys features some of the freshest, best-written pop/rock songs of the late 2000s. Borrowing from P!nk, Avril Lavigne, and even The Beach Boys, Katy's mainstream debut is a All-American, All-Californian, even at times retro-sounding record that features powerful vocals from Perry and appealing, suburban high-school, girl-next-door, tom-boy anthems that are both catchy and exceptionally written. Highlights include "One of the Boys," "Waking Up in Vegas," "Thinking of You," "Mannequin," "If You Can Afford Me," and "Fingerprints." Expand
  32. Aug 26, 2014
    Great pop-rock debut album. Favorite songs: Lost, Im Still Breathing, If You Can Afford Me
  33. Oct 17, 2013
    This is the worst album of Katy, but does not make it bad, not nearly. We have songs really tiring, but I Kissed A Girl, Hot N Cold, Thinking Of You and Waking Up In Vegas are classic and even in his first album, the best pop hitmaker managed to stick her name in the history of music.
  34. Jun 20, 2014
    Um ótimo album,pop o suficiente,criativo e divertido e sarcástico.
    Ainda é e pelo jeito sempre será o melhor trabalho da Katy "nada princesa ou rainha" Perry.
  35. Dec 5, 2014
    I'm sure if critics heard this album in 2014 rather than 2008, it would be praised a lot more. The LGBT aspect of "kissing girls" turned off most critics back then. However, now that we have progressed this album would be considered outstanding. In 2008 the album was subject to bias, which was completely unfair because this is a FLAWLESS album. Perfect mixture of catchy pop tunes, andI'm sure if critics heard this album in 2014 rather than 2008, it would be praised a lot more. The LGBT aspect of "kissing girls" turned off most critics back then. However, now that we have progressed this album would be considered outstanding. In 2008 the album was subject to bias, which was completely unfair because this is a FLAWLESS album. Perfect mixture of catchy pop tunes, and powerful ballads that speak to your soul. Expand
  36. Dec 16, 2014
    One of The Boys is not a ordinary album.Is original,stronger and fun.One Of The Boys it's the perfect started.I Kissed a Girl it's the best song of the album.Waking Up In Vegas is good but not enough.Thinking Of U is the best ever ballad i hear.Mannequin it;s stronger and contagious.Ur So Gay is A Guilty Pleasure.You don't stop to listen the song cuz u sing:Ur so gay but you don't like theOne of The Boys is not a ordinary album.Is original,stronger and fun.One Of The Boys it's the perfect started.I Kissed a Girl it's the best song of the album.Waking Up In Vegas is good but not enough.Thinking Of U is the best ever ballad i hear.Mannequin it;s stronger and contagious.Ur So Gay is A Guilty Pleasure.You don't stop to listen the song cuz u sing:Ur so gay but you don't like the boys.Hot N Cold it's cool and fresh but not so original.A mix between I Kissed A Girl and Ur So Gay.If U Can Afford Me:One of the best song.Lost a perfect ballad but not good position in the track list.Self Inflicted:It's a normal song i can't remember nothing about the lyrics or instrumental after ten listen.I'm Still Breathing A Perfect Expand
  37. Jan 25, 2015
    Its one of the best's 2008 albums BUT "Ur so gay" ITS THE WORST MUSIC OF KATY EVER! I prefer Teenage Dream and Prism. This album is good, but have others 2008 albums best.
  38. Feb 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. so the album in general was average , but the fact that Hot N 'Cold him, made ​​the album had a quality boost, katy is an amazing artist and I love it Expand
  39. Mar 18, 2015
    Track by track review:
    1. One of the Boys 10/10
    2. I Kissed a Girl 10/10 3. Waking Up in Vegas 9.5/10 4. Thinking of You 2/10 5. Mannequin 9/10 6. Ur So Gay 2/10 7. Hot n Cold 10/10 8. If You Can Afford Me 10/10 9. Lost 5.5/10 10. Self Inflicted 8/10 11. I'm Still Breathing 5/10 12. Fingerprints 10/10 Highlights: If You Can Afford Me, Fingerprints, One of the Boys, Hot n
    Track by track review:
    9. Lost 5.5/10
    10. Self Inflicted 8/10
    11. I'm Still Breathing 5/10
    12. Fingerprints 10/10

Highlights: If You Can Afford Me, Fingerprints, One of the Boys, Hot n Cold, I Kissed a Girl.
    Potential singles: One of the Boys, I Kissed a Girl, If You Can Afford Me, Hot n Cold
  40. Mar 21, 2015
    Ótimo álbum, que nos anima de uma forma sensacional e nos deixa relaxados e calmos logo em seguida. Exemplos são Hot n Cold e Black and Gold, respectivamente.
  41. Apr 5, 2015
    Melhor trabalho da Katy ele é incrível, adorei pop/rock nela encachou bem com seu timbre, liricamente é de longe o melhor álbum da mesma, Lost e TOY melhores musicas.
  42. May 3, 2015
    De fato, o melhor álbum de Katy Perry até o momento. É um bom álbum e "prazeroso" de se ouvir, principalmente músicas como: Thinking Of You, Lost, I Kissed A Girl, Ur So Gay e One Of The Boys.
  43. Jul 25, 2015
    Their debut album is quite good and even better than his other works. At this stage, the singer was not focused on Charts or in the success, I just wanted to present to the public as good as it can become. With singles which came to be hits of the decade of the 2000 as "Hot N' Cold" and others are not so many as "Thinking of You," Perry presents us with a good range of rock music pop withTheir debut album is quite good and even better than his other works. At this stage, the singer was not focused on Charts or in the success, I just wanted to present to the public as good as it can become. With singles which came to be hits of the decade of the 2000 as "Hot N' Cold" and others are not so many as "Thinking of You," Perry presents us with a good range of rock music pop with a brushstroke of commercial music and repetitive. Expand

1. The problem is not with Katy's gender-bending, it's that her heart isn't in it; she's just using it to get her places, so she sinks to crass, craven depths that turn One of the Boys into a grotesque emblem of all the wretched excesses of this decade.
  2. Yes, Perry has a heart, but it sounds like her bustier's too tight for her to use it.
  3. 'Mannequin' features some cleverly written lyrics, but Perry doesn't possess the grit or vocal prowess to follow through, and the title track is like No Doubt's 'Just a Girl' sans personality and conviction.