One Of The Boys

• Release Date: Jun 17, 2008
6.9

Review this album

1. Jul 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of The Boys is not a ordinary album.Is original,stronger and fun.One Of The Boys it's the perfect started.I Kissed a Girl it's the best song of the album.Waking Up In Vegas is good but not enough.Thinking Of U is the best ever ballad i hear.Mannequin it;s stronger and contagious.Ur So Gay is A Guilty Pleasure.You don't stop to listen the song cuz u sing:Ur so gay but you don't like the boys.Hot N Cold it's cool and fresh but not so original.A mix between I Kissed A Girl and Ur So Gay.If U Can Afford Me:One of the best song.Lost a perfect ballad but not good position in the track list.Self Inflicted:It's a normal song i can't remember nothing about the lyrics or instrumental after ten listen.I'm Still Breathing A Perfect Ballad.Fingerprints:Fun and contagious.Conclusion:Super Cd Expand
  2. Nov 27, 2010
    I love the album's concept, the classic rock feel. I love how Katy Perry solely writes her song like "Thinking of You", "One of the Boys" and "Mannequin." I also love her singles which are danceable and fun. But some songs are same sounding and kinda boring. But at least, I see the artistic value in the album.
  3. Feb 28, 2011
    Katy Perry Is One Of The Best Artists For Young Adults Because Of Her Style Of Singing.. This Album Features 11 Of Her Best Songs, Including Waking Up In Vegas, Hot N Cold, One Of The Boys, And Others...
    This Album Show's Her Creative Side Of Singing, And Experience In The Music World...
    This CD Would Be Great For A Katy Perry Fan!
  4. Jul 22, 2011
    From "One Of The Boys" to "Fingerprint" to the bonus tracks like "I Think I'm Ready", "Cup Of Coffee", "Electric Feel", and "Black & Gold" every track on this album is flawless. I really like the billboard review. At that time it had been a minute since an album was full of so many potential hits. I honestly had to pick my jaw off the ground when i saw the low 6.0 user rating on here!
  5. IGa
    Jan 30, 2016
    Maybe the highlight of "One Of The Boys" is not in the beautiful beats and quirky vocals, but in different lyrics addressed in intuitive and fun themes. The album walks among **** boyfriends, assumed betrayal, low self-esteem, fun in Las Vegas and lesbian kiss. Themes nothing predictable and varied beats. The richness of this album is quirky and often frowned upon, but certainly there is aMaybe the highlight of "One Of The Boys" is not in the beautiful beats and quirky vocals, but in different lyrics addressed in intuitive and fun themes. The album walks among **** boyfriends, assumed betrayal, low self-esteem, fun in Las Vegas and lesbian kiss. Themes nothing predictable and varied beats. The richness of this album is quirky and often frowned upon, but certainly there is a lot of fun hidden between the lines. Expand
  6. SteveO
    Jul 10, 2008
    Just proof that this world is spiralling uncontrollably down the drain.
  7. ally
    Dec 25, 2008
    I really liked this album, and it's fun to listen to. Just goes to show that music is subjective.
  8. Mar 27, 2012
    Still my favorite Katy Perry album. It more personal than Teenage Dream, and has an rock edge to it. I'm still breathing remains my favorite song of all time. I hope to seem more material like this in her upcoming album.
  9. Dec 5, 2014
    I'm sure if critics heard this album in 2014 rather than 2008, it would be praised a lot more. The LGBT aspect of "kissing girls" turned off most critics back then. However, now that we have progressed this album would be considered outstanding. In 2008 the album was subject to bias, which was completely unfair because this is a FLAWLESS album. Perfect mixture of catchy pop tunes, andI'm sure if critics heard this album in 2014 rather than 2008, it would be praised a lot more. The LGBT aspect of "kissing girls" turned off most critics back then. However, now that we have progressed this album would be considered outstanding. In 2008 the album was subject to bias, which was completely unfair because this is a FLAWLESS album. Perfect mixture of catchy pop tunes, and powerful ballads that speak to your soul. Expand
  10. Feb 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. so the album in general was average , but the fact that Hot N 'Cold him, made ​​the album had a quality boost, katy is an amazing artist and I love it Expand
  11. May 3, 2015
    De fato, o melhor álbum de Katy Perry até o momento. É um bom álbum e "prazeroso" de se ouvir, principalmente músicas como: Thinking Of You, Lost, I Kissed A Girl, Ur So Gay e One Of The Boys.
  12. Aug 29, 2015
    This is a good album coming form the 2006-2008 Katy Perry. The rock influences are notable. Also has a wide range of songs. Rock and cathcy ones like "One of the Boys" and "I Kissed a Girl", meaningful songs like "I'm Still Breathing" and "Lost" and country-influenced ones like "Thinking of You" or "Mannequin". This album shows the Katy of that time. I don't really understand the badThis is a good album coming form the 2006-2008 Katy Perry. The rock influences are notable. Also has a wide range of songs. Rock and cathcy ones like "One of the Boys" and "I Kissed a Girl", meaningful songs like "I'm Still Breathing" and "Lost" and country-influenced ones like "Thinking of You" or "Mannequin". This album shows the Katy of that time. I don't really understand the bad critics. Her voice is unique, thats why Glen Ballard tell her that she was gonna triumph. Also her carisma. This album is good Expand
  13. Dec 15, 2015
    Fresh and iconic. Creative, Controversial and crazy lyrics. Her debut album is a proof that she is a brave and fierce woman. She likes to have fun and break some of the rules and thats why I love her. Lost is one of my favorite songs from this album. She can sing, no doubt. I just love her.
  14. Aug 26, 2013
    It's good. Not the best album of 2008, but it's definitely close. The only bad thing on the album is some of the songs would be better for other singers.
  15. RicardoC
    Jul 25, 2009
    Everything is wrong here. The concept, the music. Catchy enough to listen to it once or twice. And yes, she's got some style, but ultimately, she's an empty marketing product.
  16. Jan 27, 2017
    Não é o melhor da Katy, mas continua muito bom, adoro esse album pena que nao gostaram
    mas é muito bom, adoro Lost, Thinking Of You, Mannequin, Hot n Cold, muito marcante
  17. Oct 13, 2013
    Buen álbum, este estilo enfocándose al Rock era la verdadera esencia de Perry, no se porque cambio tanto en su segundo album, los sonidos que maneja One Of The Boys son realmente buenos.
  18. MarieO
    May 23, 2009
    My favorite album of 2008 and still waiting for another one that will match the quality and number of great songs that are on "One of the boys". I can't understand the hate against Katy Perry who is a deserving artist... from a christian family, to church singer, waitress in LA, almost broke, to finally making it to the top because of her great music and songs. She's my hero! My favorite album of 2008 and still waiting for another one that will match the quality and number of great songs that are on "One of the boys". I can't understand the hate against Katy Perry who is a deserving artist... from a christian family, to church singer, waitress in LA, almost broke, to finally making it to the top because of her great music and songs. She's my hero! Her story is very touching. Expand
  19. ChueW
    Jun 27, 2009
    I thought it was great, even though I'm not really into this kinda music. I think some songs aren't that good but its a good album.
  20. Aug 22, 2010
    I expected something better from katy cuz i really liked her singles but the new songs are too slow and a bit boring,too. In a week her new album will be released ... let's hope 4 something more lively!!!
  21. Dec 18, 2016
    A very basic pop album. The singles are all good, yes, but the rest are so simple that you may mistake them for demo's, B-Sides and bonus tracks. The album did show potential though. Katy Perry was always going to be more than just rock-pop artist.
  22. Nov 11, 2013
    LGBT-offenders I Kissed a Girl and Ur So Gay might have promised an album that may at least be musically catchy, ONE OF THE BOYS Strives so hard to be good controversial pop, but it winds down to a forgettable set of songs.
  23. Mar 24, 2013
    One Of The Best Debut's In Along Time!
  24. Aug 26, 2014
    Desafinar, se escorar no Dr. Luke, pagar jabá, plagiar, comprar composições da Bonnie McKee e ser falsa, são os grandes talentos da pseudo cantora Katy Perry. Ainda foi pouco. Ur So Gay é a única faixa que presta e é totalmente esquecível, depois de ouvir 10 vezes você cansa. Este segundo álbum dela não trás nada de novo e de relevante para o mundo da música. Katy Hudson fracasso de todasDesafinar, se escorar no Dr. Luke, pagar jabá, plagiar, comprar composições da Bonnie McKee e ser falsa, são os grandes talentos da pseudo cantora Katy Perry. Ainda foi pouco. Ur So Gay é a única faixa que presta e é totalmente esquecível, depois de ouvir 10 vezes você cansa. Este segundo álbum dela não trás nada de novo e de relevante para o mundo da música. Katy Hudson fracasso de todas as formas e One Of The Boys seguiu o mesmo caminho. Do que adianta ter muitos #1's se a própria não consegue cantar nenhum? Expand
  25. Mar 25, 2012
    Good album! Funny and simply! Love the way she sings with a guitar........... I prefer "Teenage Dream" but this is good, too. ( sorry for my English )
  26. Nov 12, 2012
    Rather than being hot and cold, Katy Perry's One of the Boys is just cold.
  27. Oct 13, 2011
    Simply amazing. This is the real Katy Perry! Well she still can't sing that well, and she's quite terrible live - but this album represents her. Not purely commercial Teenage Dream.
  28. CharlieM.
    Sep 3, 2008
    This album sux. Her vocals are bad and just shows people don't have talent anymore. Aimee, plz ok Seriously, people like you no offense just want some catchy song that just fulfills the moment, when there are so many better artists that never see the light of day. Such a disgrace.
  29. May 24, 2011
    The songs are decent enough - Though there all a bit samey with only a few standing out. Katy Perry has the attitude, looks and charisma to pull it off - She just needs to music now.
  30. Jun 15, 2012
    Not as so powerful as 'Teenage Dream', the album still manages to have its pack punches with hits including 'I Kissed a Girl', 'Hot n Cold' and 'Waking Up in Vegas'. And the whole atmosphere of fashion and style in this album is fine, its just the lyrics and vocal style in some songs (for example 'Fingerprints') manage to be abit off. Overall, 'One Of the Boys' is a good teen record to have.

1. The problem is not with Katy's gender-bending, it's that her heart isn't in it; she's just using it to get her places, so she sinks to crass, craven depths that turn One of the Boys into a grotesque emblem of all the wretched excesses of this decade.
  2. Yes, Perry has a heart, but it sounds like her bustier's too tight for her to use it.
  3. 'Mannequin' features some cleverly written lyrics, but Perry doesn't possess the grit or vocal prowess to follow through, and the title track is like No Doubt's 'Just a Girl' sans personality and conviction.