One of Us Is the Killer - The Dillinger Escape Plan
8.2

Review this album

1. Jun 2, 2013
    I'm not sure whether or not to call this album perfect. I love this album. The Dillinger Escape Plan is one of the most controversial bands around, but regardless, they kick major ass. Nobody blows my mind quite like this band. Especially when it comes to their new album, One of Us Is the Killer. I mean, anybody who can go from mind boggling... insanity like When I Lost My Bet, to almostI'm not sure whether or not to call this album perfect. I love this album. The Dillinger Escape Plan is one of the most controversial bands around, but regardless, they kick major ass. Nobody blows my mind quite like this band. Especially when it comes to their new album, One of Us Is the Killer. I mean, anybody who can go from mind boggling... insanity like When I Lost My Bet, to almost radio friendly music with the title track... it's just insane. Greg's vocals are incredible, Ben Weinman's guitar work, as always, is incredible, and Bill Rymer just wrecks the drum kit all throughout the album. This band just does not slaw down, and I love it. I hope this band keeps doing what they do 10 years from now. Expand
  2. Jun 6, 2013
    They are back, powerful as ever and with the melodic shenanigans, still influenced by mike patton’s past collaborations.
    This is one of my favorite albums of 2013 for now, it’s a go-to album when one needs a slap on his mind or a quick energy charge.
  3. Jun 13, 2013
    Dillinger's latest album effort, "One Of Us Is The Killer", is definitely a step-up from their previous LP. DEP finally blends together what made Ire Works and Option work so well into one album that suits everyone's needs.
  4. May 17, 2013
    Purely as a standalone record, OfUItK stands out from the crowd flawlessly, and is highly deserving of your money. There's really nothing else to it, so buy it. Listen to Prancer, Paranoia Shields and When I Lost My Bet if you want a better idea of what you're in store for, but anyone with a modicum of knowledge on Dillinger knows they're yet to put out a disappointing album. Do it.

1. Jun 17, 2013
    The fifth album from New Jersey's The Dillinger Escape Plan is another step back towards the math-metal that made their name. [Jul 2013, p.103]
  2. Jun 11, 2013
    Taken on its own merits, this is still a stunning album from a band operating at the peak of their powers. [18 May 2013, p.52]
    For any fan, past or present, this is mandatory listening.