Oral Fixation Vol. 2

8.5

Review this album

1. DavidC
    Dec 5, 2005
    I absolutely love this album!! It's far superior to Laundy Service and is somewhat reminiscent to what Donde estan los ladrones had. Unlike other pop stars, Shakira can be self analytic, but can also be effectively socially conscience. Only downside, both translations aren't as flowy as their spanish counterparts. This is the best pop album of the year!
    Dec 6, 2005
    Great album from Shakira both musically and lyrically. Her best English album and one of her best albums yet!
  3. davem
    Feb 9, 2006
    i have to say this is my favourite album so far this year. oral fijacion 1 was an excellent array of songs and this complements it perfectly, especially the excelent How Do You and Timor. she's like a latin kate bush and there's nothing wrong with that.
  4. JoelS
    Dec 25, 2005
    This is album is Shakira's best ! seriously is like listening to Donde estan los ladrones? but in English, i have to admit that i miss the Laundry service sound!, but Oral Fixation Vol. 2 is more mature and honest, Shakira proves that she is more than a booty shaker. I personally recomend this album to everyone, is one of the years' best !
  5. AmberM
    Feb 24, 2006
    This album was amazing, just like her others including Fijacion Oral Vol.1. People say that she sounds like a man and that they cannot understand her English. That is completely and inaccurate statement in my opinion. Her English is fluent (Trust me, I know. I read everything), and she does not sound like a man. Shakira has talent, and most people can see that. El album es my bueno!
  6. Sep 24, 2014
    Her best english album and probably one of the best female pop/rock album of all time. favorite tracks? Costume Makes The Clown, Timor, Animal City, Don't Bother, Illegal, How Do You Do, Hey You, Your Embrace, Dreams For Plans, Something, The Day and the time and Hips Don't Lie... uh oh... all of them!
  7. KevinL
    Dec 5, 2005
    It's just a brilliant album.
  8. GustavoH
    Jan 20, 2006
    This album is th best pop album of 2005
  9. diegor
    One of the best CDs of 2005
  10. FabianB
    Dec 7, 2005
    Is the best of the best!!!
  11. CesarT
    Dec 8, 2005
    is great
  12. mari
    Feb 6, 2006
    muy bueno:)
  13. RimasM
    Jan 11, 2007
    The best CD of the year! And of course after the re-release with Hips don't lie (the far biggest single of 2006) it got much more better!
  14. MatyasT
    Dec 12, 2005
    I love her music...and this CD is perfect like she is..
  15. AnneJohnson
    Dec 10, 2005
    I love this album! One of the best I ever listened!
  16. guilhermev
    Dec 18, 2005
    sensational. unique. different. complete.
  17. MariaG
    Dec 20, 2005
    Beautiful Felt Empowering Rich
  18. EdgarG
    Dec 5, 2005
    Shakira is a DIva... all her songs are perfect and the lyrics are amazing! she is 1 in a billion.
  19. MarvinD
    Dec 5, 2005
    I 'd say Shakira's best songs, each song has its own meaning to one person's life
  20. OscarB
    Dec 5, 2005
    It's an album that you need to have in your collection.
  21. reivelh
    Dec 6, 2005
    shakira is the best there is. that's all ...
  22. a.werstler
    Dec 6, 2005
    This album is just amazing, the best she's ever recorded, I can only say wow
  23. SilvioP
    Nov 9, 2006
    From Mexico: lustrativo, ella explota cada parte de su vida y la convierte en buena musica, a veces sencilla. No tan bueno como Vol 1, pero brilla.
  24. ChadD
    Dec 2, 2006
    Excellent!!!!
  25. SergeyS
    Jan 23, 2006
    This is on of the greatest, most creative albums of all times. Definitely the best album of 2005 (rock or pop - doesn't matter, it's got everything in it). It takes a lot of listens to uncover all the multiple layers in there, but such is the case with all truly great albums that you will return to over the years, not just dump and forget. Shakira is definitely the most talented This is on of the greatest, most creative albums of all times. Definitely the best album of 2005 (rock or pop - doesn't matter, it's got everything in it). It takes a lot of listens to uncover all the multiple layers in there, but such is the case with all truly great albums that you will return to over the years, not just dump and forget. Shakira is definitely the most talented musical prodigy out there! Expand
  26. JoseC
    Jan 31, 2006
    absolutely amazing. way better than LS. each song is uniquely stamped and packaged, ready to BE EXPOSED TO THE WORLD!
  27. shanah
    Jan 5, 2006
    She's done it again! Oral Fixation is a wonderful album! Shakira is surly a true musician.
  28. DiegoK
    Feb 11, 2006
    It's wonderful.
  29. argelv
    Feb 13, 2006
    i really think shakira deserves everything she has got. this album is awesome... your embrace and timor are such geat songs. my favorite: hey you...
  30. TomásM
    Mar 22, 2006
    Hello guys, I´m from Argentina, and we know Shakira since her third album "Pies descalzos" (1995). In Latinoamerica everybody loves her, and her succes in the rest of the world makes us very happy. This album is great, cuz she is returning to her roots. She can´t be compared with other artists, Shakira is absolutely unique.
  31. rens
    Sep 9, 2006
    beautiful
  32. PedroR
    Aug 2, 2007
    I love her rock voice she is amazing, and the songs of the album are great!
  33. WheezieF
    Dec 15, 2005
    i love the variety of sounds on this album.
  34. GlennM
    Dec 17, 2005
    I'd give this one a ten if all they sold was the cover and a blank cd. She has cool songs to though.
  35. RodrigoR
    Dec 20, 2005
    The best pop album of the year!!, People, this is a great CD, especially for a person that speak english for only 5 years, so is impressive the quality of this cd that is produced and writen by a real woman who put all her emotions and feelings in make an exellent album
  36. RayC
    Dec 25, 2005
    Just beautiful, down right wonderful music to listen to over and over again!
  37. jadapespao
    Dec 26, 2005
    It's pure rock-pop in the best essence. Each song is a masterpiece.
  38. meyl
    Dec 27, 2005
    Great Album! I specially like the first song How do you do, I recommended to people that enjoy good music and lyrics with meaning.
  39. miinsiin
    Dec 29, 2005
    the album is fantastic, awesome, i'm a big fan of shakira & now after this album i'm bigger.
  40. CrashNebula
    wonderful
  41. dianac
    Dec 5, 2005
    is a great album!! I love it!!
  42. AlejandroA
    wow!
  43. freddyr
    Dec 5, 2005
    este es un cd muy bueno se merece un % mas alto
  44. AlejandroA
    wow!
  45. freddyo
    Dec 6, 2005
    good
  46. cristiang
    Dec 7, 2005
    Oral fixation is a very very good album, but i like all songs news, no traductions
  47. Matt
    Dec 7, 2005
    Some songs show a lack of ideas (drawing from Santana, Alanis, Petula Clark, and Cyndi Lauper on various songs,) but there are enough high points to make this CD worth buying.
  48. RicardoD
    Dec 9, 2005
    WOW Shakira you did it again!!!!!!! Congratulations this cd is perfect.
  49. darioa
    Dec 9, 2005
    i think the cd is the best that me are lisen in this times. i recommended to all people.
  50. alexg
    Dec 9, 2005
    its beatufil..she is the best
  51. Kei
    Jan 12, 2006
    I love Shakira she a stong wemon and that what is so cool. she not a slut dresing like Brittney Spears i love the songs 'don't bothe'r and 'your embrace' so great all the song are diffrent! rock-pop to techno. Go shakira! and morons shakira plays guitar so how can she be a poser>? she'll also kick your ass!
  52. NathanC
    Mar 12, 2006
    There's nothing better out there. Shakira has so much talent. The Botero of music.
  53. JasianT
    Aug 16, 2006
    Shakira's best work in the U.S. so far since she first came here with Laundry Service.
  54. Wolf
    Apr 18, 2007
    I love Shakira! I am a big fan! Her voice is the best in the world; she makes you feel all warm inside! She also has a define talent for writing lyrics. 'Don't Bother' is the best, and not even to talk about 'Hips don't lie'... cause they don't...
  55. joeys
    Jun 13, 2008
    Fulfilling album that's even better than its predecessor.
  56. YABoiMike
    Dec 11, 2005
    i think she should give me an oral fixation...ha ha
  57. thalias
    Dec 14, 2005
    is very very very very good!!!!!!!!! the best shakira rockss
  58. LuisV
    Dec 16, 2005
    I love this CD. Is the best one from her career. All the different kind of songs and rithems makes it a winner. Shakira takes all of my votes!
  59. DianaS
    Dec 19, 2005
    Great music, excellent lyrics not many artist can produce a record this great.
  60. Aug 26, 2013
    It's Shakira. Of course "Oral Fixation Vol. 2" is great, but it isn't as good as some of Shakira's other albums. The best songs are "Hips Don't Lie" (of course), and "Animal City".
  61. May 30, 2016
    El mejor album en ingles de Shakira, variedad de ritmos y letras, Y ademas de que tiene su Hit Hips Don't Lie, MIS FAVORITAS....TODAS, no me podria decidir

1. Other artists may be bigger than Shakira while others may make more fully realized albums, but as of 2005, no other pop artist attempts as much and achieves as much as Shakira, as this often enthralling album proves.
  2. Oral Fixation Vol. 2 finds Shakira reclaiming some of the bite she showcased on 1998's smashing Donde Estan Los Ladrones?
  3. Billboard