Overexposed

• Release Date: Jun 26, 2012
5.0

Review this album

1. Nov 15, 2013
    Can't believe the critics, and users do not like this album definitely one of my favorites I enjoy every song and appreciate the overall fun, dance tone of the whole album. And the slow songs are awesome as well. I think Adam Levine and Maroon 5 are pure genius.
  2. Dec 16, 2014
    The best album, all the songs are good, although there are some that are almost at the median level, but few which makes the album a good thing to hear nonstop.
    Highlights: Lucky Strike and Man Who Never Lied
    Lows: Wasted Years and Kiss
  3. Aug 8, 2012
    Ok, so this album has more Adam Levine than anything, but it's an entertaining listen. It's full of quirky and flashy pop and ear-catching hooks. Yeah, the other members of the band have very small, miniature roles in this album, but they agreed to it so I guess it really is their fault. Furthermore, Overexposed is fun and very light. It feels very beach-y and groovy. This album will NOTOk, so this album has more Adam Levine than anything, but it's an entertaining listen. It's full of quirky and flashy pop and ear-catching hooks. Yeah, the other members of the band have very small, miniature roles in this album, but they agreed to it so I guess it really is their fault. Furthermore, Overexposed is fun and very light. It feels very beach-y and groovy. This album will NOT satisfy most of Maroon 5's early fans, but for others it's a great, current, and modern reach to the younger audience. And really, that's not all too bad. It's smart, yet faceless pop. And truly, it's one of or their strongest album(s) to date. HIGHLIGHTS: One More Night, Daylight, Lucky Strike, The Man Who Never Lied
    SONGS THAT ARE TO BE SKIPPED: SAD, KISS [*] only on the Deluxe Edition MY METASCORE: 69/100
  4. Sep 17, 2012
    So many good songs with great hooks, if they are to listened separately. As a whole, the album is boring and repetitive, and how far away Maroon 5 has gone from their root is a bit repulsive. That being said, I can jam to many of the tracks, and that's enough to make me love this album.
  5. Dec 8, 2012
    It's good. Mediocre but good. Just not the likes of their (or should I say his) former albums. Maybe they need some time to think about what they music path they really would take.
  6. May 4, 2013
    Maroon5 new album is amazing. not much different from previous albums, maroon back makes me spellbound with their songs. to me this is the best album merupakn during the year 2012.
  7. Jun 29, 2012
    Honestly, I don't believe it comes anywhere close to Hands All Over or Songs About Jane, but its good enough. Can't really blame them for trying to adapt to the new music scene which, honestly is quite atrocious. If they were trying to satisfy their "original" fans then i'll say they've failed, however, if their aim was to keep up with the current music scene this album is not too bad.
  8. Feb 25, 2013
    i really like maroon 5 as a band they connect with part of me that brings out my happy side. i feel like this album is a bit of a different sound to the usual maroon 5 music. It actual was too different for my mum to like and she is a huge fan of their song "she will be loved" i however love all of maroon 5's songs and am a huge fan of the band x
  9. Apr 21, 2013
    Maroon 5 recently came out with a new album, Overexposed. If you don't know about Maroon 5 already, they are a well- known pop rock band. Many age groups appreciate this band in this day and age.
    Songs and albums you might recognize would probably be, "Hands All Over", and "Misery." The lead singer, Adam Levine, often sings featured in songs. "Stereo Hearts" and "My Life" are songs where this happened. Recognized for his distinctive, higher pitched singing, Maroon 5 has become a very popular band. On iTunes, Maroon 5's song, "One More Night" and "Payphone," have both been giant hits.
    This album, Overexposed, includes many different songs. Slow songs like "Beautiful Goodbye" and fast songs like "Lucky Strike" are all included. The album includes a large variety of different styles of songs. In several songs, Adam Levine sings about girls. This gets very repetitive and obnoxious. The track that to me, stands out, is the song, "Lucky Strike." Taking Adam Levine's signature poppy, high beat voice, this song stands out and one of the best on this album. Not known to many, this song is one of the best. On iTunes, "Lucky Strike," was not a giant hit, but definitely deserving of. I would give this album 4.5/5 stars. Well done Maroon 5!
  10. Nov 11, 2013
    Not there best work but it's a entertaining and fun album. Listen this album was not the album I was expecting. I thought it could of been better the lyrics are ok. But come on maroon 5 are entertaining. The album is filled with radio hits and fun songs. And Adam is a good singer. Not the next hit album but a fun album.
  11. Dec 27, 2013
    The songs are really "sticky", make you move your head and even dance. This album has everything, extremely varied. Love Somebody, songs with rhythm So sad songs as "Sad"
  12. Dec 11, 2015
    Probably the best album Adam Levine had made. But those remixes that came over my Copy of this one? No! I even hated the Sticky K remix of bad timing and tempo, and it is just not what it is and what it should be called good remixes. It disappoints me.
  13. Jun 13, 2016
    This album is awesome!!!

Yes it is far from SAJ and has very cheesy lyrics. But, this album is very catchy and Adam sounds awesome on most of the songs here

AWESOME ALBUM

1. Jul 10, 2012
    Overexposed is not a great album, but that doesn't mean it's not interesting. What we're hearing is the band actually learning to have fun again, and with any luck, they'll only get better from here.
    It's when he deviates from the plastic norm that he actually sounds most awkward.
  3. Jun 29, 2012
    Overexposed is rather patchy and its highs are countered by some fairly wretched lows.