Overexposed

• Release Date: Jun 26, 2012
4.9

Review this album

1. Jun 28, 2012
    Of course I understand a band needs to adapt and change as they go along. I'm always open to new sounds and experiementation. But only when it is willfully attempted. This just sounds like Timbaland told Adam Levine to do whatever he told him to and to give some royalty checks to the rest of the band so they still feel like they are a part of it. Maroon 5 has changed drastically sinceOf course I understand a band needs to adapt and change as they go along. I'm always open to new sounds and experiementation. But only when it is willfully attempted. This just sounds like Timbaland told Adam Levine to do whatever he told him to and to give some royalty checks to the rest of the band so they still feel like they are a part of it. Maroon 5 has changed drastically since their first CD, and unfortunately it's for the worst. Expand
  2. Jun 29, 2012
    Adam Levine seems to have gone all out with the electro pop and featuring artists, forgetting what actually made Maroon 5 famous. Another average performance.
    Best Tracks: The Man Who Never Lied, Lucky Strike
  3. Jun 26, 2012
    I started expecting a lot from Maroon 5 after they released "Payphone", but this album proved me wrong. Every other song on the album incorporates dance beats that is so NOT Maroon 5's sound. Only two or three songs on the album are good. I liked "Love Somebody" (due to the fact that it is co-written by Ryan Tedder), "Daylight", and "One More Night". Overall this album sounds like a bandI started expecting a lot from Maroon 5 after they released "Payphone", but this album proved me wrong. Every other song on the album incorporates dance beats that is so NOT Maroon 5's sound. Only two or three songs on the album are good. I liked "Love Somebody" (due to the fact that it is co-written by Ryan Tedder), "Daylight", and "One More Night". Overall this album sounds like a band who has forgotten its origin and is making new foundations. Expand
  4. Nov 15, 2013
    Can't believe the critics, and users do not like this album definitely one of my favorites I enjoy every song and appreciate the overall fun, dance tone of the whole album. And the slow songs are awesome as well. I think Adam Levine and Maroon 5 are pure genius.
  5. Jun 29, 2012
    What a tremendous letdown. I understand trying to stay relevant and getting radio play, but part of what made Maroon 5 great is that they're good musicians who write good music. But now they're outsourcing all that to hot names in the industry, and the result really stinks. Lousy hooks, boring production, lame and lazy lyrics... I'm hoping they listen to all their alienated fans and comeWhat a tremendous letdown. I understand trying to stay relevant and getting radio play, but part of what made Maroon 5 great is that they're good musicians who write good music. But now they're outsourcing all that to hot names in the industry, and the result really stinks. Lousy hooks, boring production, lame and lazy lyrics... I'm hoping they listen to all their alienated fans and come back with a second 'Songs About Jane', but I have a feeling that band is lost now. Expand
  6. Jul 6, 2012
    In their album Overexposed , songs get to similar and get kind of boring , while others go to a direction of a good song. After from listening to the album, it sounds like Avril wants to leave from his band "Maroon 5"
  7. Jul 1, 2012
    Maroon 5 was one of my favourite rock-bands, but all I hear on this album is pop. They didn't have to change, but it was obvious that "Overexposed" won't be another great album. After "Hands all over" which was great, this is an unexpected disappointment.
  8. Sep 2, 2012
    One of the worst and most disappointing albums released this year so far. What the hell happened to Maroon 5? They used to be such a great band. I wish they would record more songs like This Love.
  9. Jun 8, 2015
    An album that kicks and stomps on the devoted fans who loved the soul and funk they've displayed over their career, replacing them with throw away beats that are sell out worthy. Overexposed is the perfect title for this album as it feels uninspired, and over produced and has little to no soul.
  10. Dec 16, 2014
    The best album, all the songs are good, although there are some that are almost at the median level, but few which makes the album a good thing to hear nonstop.
    Highlights: Lucky Strike and Man Who Never Lied
    Lows: Wasted Years and Kiss
  11. Jun 27, 2012
    So, is this Maroon 5 or Adam Levine with a backing band? I thought they were a Group? seems like they went pop and forgot that the other members need to play instruments. The album itself is not the Maroon 5 we are used to know and love. One of the Biggest let downs of they year.
  12. Jun 27, 2012
    To borrow a line from that show "The middle", I had the lowest of expectations, and I'm still disappointed. Adam Levine's ego has grown so large that he can't hear the crap he's created. Only "Payphone" deserves a second listen.
  13. Jun 26, 2012
    its a good album with some really great songs but maroon 5 doesn't feel like a band any more, for moments it seems like its just levine doing a solo work
  14. Jun 28, 2012
    As previously mentioned by other reviews, this album does really seem like the Adam Levine show. Vastly disappointing and i actually like Maroon 5. I really enjoyed their last album but this i can't listen to. I just don't like it and I hope that their next album would actually progress their sound instead of making another pop inspired album.
  15. Aug 21, 2012
    Overexposed is the worst Maroon 5's album. Songs about Jane was the better then It Won't Be Soon Before Long was good too. Then Hands All Over wich wasn't so bad and wasn't so good."One More Night" and "Payphone" was reassurings but when I listen all the album the day of his coming I was sad to see that the true Maroon 5 was dead for a f***ing electro-pop album. I was so sad... In thisOverexposed is the worst Maroon 5's album. Songs about Jane was the better then It Won't Be Soon Before Long was good too. Then Hands All Over wich wasn't so bad and wasn't so good."One More Night" and "Payphone" was reassurings but when I listen all the album the day of his coming I was sad to see that the true Maroon 5 was dead for a f***ing electro-pop album. I was so sad... In this album only "Ladykiller" is great and only "One More Night" and "Payphone" can be cool to listen the rest this is a horror movie. Expand
  16. Aug 8, 2012
    Ok, so this album has more Adam Levine than anything, but it's an entertaining listen. It's full of quirky and flashy pop and ear-catching hooks. Yeah, the other members of the band have very small, miniature roles in this album, but they agreed to it so I guess it really is their fault. Furthermore, Overexposed is fun and very light. It feels very beach-y and groovy. This album will NOTOk, so this album has more Adam Levine than anything, but it's an entertaining listen. It's full of quirky and flashy pop and ear-catching hooks. Yeah, the other members of the band have very small, miniature roles in this album, but they agreed to it so I guess it really is their fault. Furthermore, Overexposed is fun and very light. It feels very beach-y and groovy. This album will NOT satisfy most of Maroon 5's early fans, but for others it's a great, current, and modern reach to the younger audience. And really, that's not all too bad. It's smart, yet faceless pop. And truly, it's one of or their strongest album(s) to date. HIGHLIGHTS: One More Night, Daylight, Lucky Strike, The Man Who Never Lied
    SONGS THAT ARE TO BE SKIPPED: SAD, KISS [*] only on the Deluxe Edition MY METASCORE: 69/100
  17. Sep 17, 2012
    So many good songs with great hooks, if they are to listened separately. As a whole, the album is boring and repetitive, and how far away Maroon 5 has gone from their root is a bit repulsive. That being said, I can jam to many of the tracks, and that's enough to make me love this album.
  18. Dec 8, 2012
    It's good. Mediocre but good. Just not the likes of their (or should I say his) former albums. Maybe they need some time to think about what they music path they really would take.
  19. May 4, 2013
    Maroon5 new album is amazing. not much different from previous albums, maroon back makes me spellbound with their songs. to me this is the best album merupakn during the year 2012.
  20. Oct 21, 2012
    Clearly Maroon 5 has given up. What used to be a musically talented, always at least interesting band is now Adam Levine and a few goons who break out some **** keyboard/synth effects and make the radio the evil thing it is today. It's no longer Sunday Morning for Maroon 5... I don't even think they deserve to have the moves like Jagger.
  21. Sep 28, 2012
    Heck..where's the rock songs? Maroon 5 used to be this really great alternative rock band; their songs infectious but with an attitude to boot. As they become more pop, out goes the guitars, in come the synthesizers and auto-tune. The problem is: they are selling even more singles!! So there you go...
  22. Sep 9, 2012
    The fourth album from Maroon 5 as Maroon 5, Overexposed album is a true summer with success Payphone and One More Night. It's well-crafted pop with touches of rock (Lucky Strike). Adam Levine, the singer, has accustomed us to his voice can become very acute tanning in the long run. Level of melodies is ''original'' but repetitive. There are atmospheric pieces like The Man Never Lied!, MoreThe fourth album from Maroon 5 as Maroon 5, Overexposed album is a true summer with success Payphone and One More Night. It's well-crafted pop with touches of rock (Lucky Strike). Adam Levine, the singer, has accustomed us to his voice can become very acute tanning in the long run. Level of melodies is ''original'' but repetitive. There are atmospheric pieces like The Man Never Lied!, More techno Love Somebody. From my point of view it is a copy of Summer Hands All Over. From the fifth song we toured the album and rhythms that are always the same, as in the song Daylight The Man Never Lied! Lucky Strike and it looked like the same song. Ladykiller and there were atrocious guitar riff, this is an album that I listen again!! Expand
  23. Feb 25, 2013
    i really like maroon 5 as a band they connect with part of me that brings out my happy side. i feel like this album is a bit of a different sound to the usual maroon 5 music. It actual was too different for my mum to like and she is a huge fan of their song "she will be loved" i however love all of maroon 5's songs and am a huge fan of the band x
  24. Jun 26, 2012
    Except for the second single, One More Night, the best song in the album (even without a good chorus), every song sounds like "whatever". It's like you have heard it all before. Maroon 5 has almost become a boyband, lost its identity and sounds like everything but the band everybody used to know.
    The album was released in the same week that Linkin Park's Living Things and The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends... and it's sad to know that Overexposed is, probably, going to be the week's top selling.
  25. Oct 22, 2012
    Você já foi em um restaurante novo e após comer você ficou satisfeito, mas não vai voltar lá já que a comida não marcante o suficiente para tanto? Então, é assim que eu me senti ouvindo o álbum Overexposed do Maroon 5. É bonzinho, mas não é marcante o suficiente para quer mais.

Depois das

Depois das vendas baixas do último álbum (Hands All Over) e o sucesso do hit "salva carreira" de Moves Like Jagger, o grupo pensou em seguir em uma direção mais "pop". Pelo que eu ouvi de Overexposed ir para o lado "pop" da força para eles significa pegar todas as referencias possíveis do gênero e jogar em uma panela, cozinhar em fogo baixo e servir apenas morninho. A gama de produtores que Overexposed não dá uma cara definitiva para o álbum que vai de reggae, pop, pop rock, eletropop e dance com pitadas de R&B chupando influencias que vão desde o Michael Jackson até a Lady GaGa. Tudo com produção perfeita, mas sem uma inspiração clara e definida. Adam Levine está correto durante tudo o trabalho. Contudo, não decide em qual tom de voz é o seu melhor transitando do grave aos falsetos sem muita força em nenhum. Além disso, o uso de efeitos em várias músicas atrapalha ainda mais o resultado. O ponto mais fraco do álbum são suas composições. Todas têm qualidades de hit pop com refrões viciantes e letras fáceis de pegar. Tudo muito didático e seguindo a cartilha ao pé da letra que deixa o álbum sem emoção mesmo falando de amor como tema principal. Outra coisa: se existisse limite de usar "ohs", "ahs", "yeahs" e outras onomatopéias que valem o mesmo, o Maroon 5 seria multado. A maioria das músicas não saõ ruins, mas não são dignas de uma citação aqui. Todavia, há dois momentos marcantes no álbum: começa pelo grudento primeiro single Payphone e chega na super divertida Tickets. O troféu de pior fica a carga da irritante Wipe Your Eyes. Uma coisa é certa que o Maroon 5 entrega o que promete na capa de Overexposed: um trabalho sem cara certa, mas divertido.
  26. Jun 26, 2012
    It seems as if the titled album, "Overexposed", has become true for Maroon 5. The band have completely sold their souls to the ushering pop era, leaving behind their uniqueness and appeal. The album contains some highlights, such as "Daylight" and "One More Night", however fails to make an impact with the other songs that are filler and not interesting at all.

While I remain a Maroon 5

While I remain a Maroon 5 fan, this was a huge step backwards for the band, and I only hope them the best when their next album comes. I hope that they find themselves again and come back with a much more stronger album that we all know they are capable of.
  27. Jun 27, 2012
    Yeah there are some catchy tunes in the album, but this is like all just the same beat, they are so club now. They are trying so hard to sound like others male popstars
  28. Jun 29, 2012
    Honestly, I don't believe it comes anywhere close to Hands All Over or Songs About Jane, but its good enough. Can't really blame them for trying to adapt to the new music scene which, honestly is quite atrocious. If they were trying to satisfy their "original" fans then i'll say they've failed, however, if their aim was to keep up with the current music scene this album is not too bad.
  29. Jul 15, 2012
    Honestly this album for the most part just feels like a big sellout to appeal to the fans of Moves Like Jagger, which is the song that turned me off to Maroon 5 for a while. There are highlights of course, like the interesting pop-reggae of One More Night, the catchy and so-obscurely-themed-it-has-to-be-sincere love song Payphone (look up the version without the rap; you'll thank meHonestly this album for the most part just feels like a big sellout to appeal to the fans of Moves Like Jagger, which is the song that turned me off to Maroon 5 for a while. There are highlights of course, like the interesting pop-reggae of One More Night, the catchy and so-obscurely-themed-it-has-to-be-sincere love song Payphone (look up the version without the rap; you'll thank me later), the dancey and lyrically clever The Man Who Never Lied, or the emotional piano ballad Sad. The rest are either cheap copies of Moves Like Jagger or embarrassingly cliche love songs. But the last track on the deluxe edition, their cover of Kiss by Prince, greatly surpasses everything else here. This cover is amazing; they took a Prince song, turned it into a blues song quite naturally, and extended it into an awesome seven-minute jam complete with guitar & saxophone solos. I wish they showed this much personality & musicianship on the original stuff! In conclusion, even as a big fan of their previous material this is an embarrassing follow-up to Hands All Over. Sure it has its highlights and the songs are catchy, but whereas they were poppy in all the right ways before, now they're poppy in all the wrong ways. Please, Adam, get off The Voice and learn how to rock again, before you drive your bandmates right into the ground! Expand

1. Jul 10, 2012
    Overexposed is not a great album, but that doesn't mean it's not interesting. What we're hearing is the band actually learning to have fun again, and with any luck, they'll only get better from here.
    It's when he deviates from the plastic norm that he actually sounds most awkward.
  3. Jun 29, 2012
    Overexposed is rather patchy and its highs are countered by some fairly wretched lows.