8.6

Review this album

1. Sep 27, 2012
    the thing here is that they need more room for their safe genre out there....the basic thing would be producing more songs like Trouble and Yellow......Some of their strength to prove out they are and will be best....good but not good as their second and best A Rush Of Blood To The Head
  2. Aug 29, 2010
    Fine little syinthesis. Lyrically not very strong, but the level of consistency is so high that it's almost impossible for a debut album. Recommended tracks: "Don't Panic", "Spies", "Trouble"
  3. Feb 14, 2012
    Coldplay is down right good. You cant deny it. at least ONE of their songs you must like, from clocks to princess of china. This album is a great intro to the band's experimental feel. if you like acoustic guitar then you will like this album. I dont know if i would say this is their BEST album but its better than the last two albums.
  4. Dec 30, 2010
    As far as debut albums go, this is a shining example of one. If this is your type of music, then I can't really think of anything to let you down here. It's good to go back to now the band have become as big as they have, to hear them with less production money and ego behind them.
  5. Apr 17, 2011
    Coldplay's first album and easily their best work. The first eight tracks are superb... just chill out and listen to their creation. One of my Top 10 favorite albums to listen to.
  6. Aug 6, 2011
    A fantastic debut album by well-known brit rock band Coldplay. Yes, it sounds a little like the first era Radiohead (as they seem to prepher to do electronics I don't see anything wrong about it) but it also has some classic Coldplay songs like Trouble or Yellow. Another very good song is Sparks. A few others aren't that good but, as a whole, the album is great.
  7. Oct 28, 2011
    This album is so mellow that it almost goes overboard but all of it's songs are at least good and songs like "Sparks", "Trouble", "Spies" and "Yellow" make this album great.
  8. Sep 13, 2011
    Great album my favorite album so far! best songs: Sparks Yellow Shiver Don't Panic
  9. Sep 21, 2013
    Parachutes is a very impressive and strong debut album for Coldplay. Every track is excellent but among the most noteworthy is Yellow, Trouble, Shiver, and Don't Panic. Parachutes set the incredible standard that Coldplay has kept over a decade later.
  10. Nov 16, 2011
    A great debut full of top class lo fi indie songs from a band that would go onto become stadium rock giants. Every song on this is quality while the singles Shiver, Yellow and Trouble are timeless in my opinion. The best thing about this album is it shows how good Coldplay are without all the smoke and mirrors. There later albums have so much production that the songs often don't get theA great debut full of top class lo fi indie songs from a band that would go onto become stadium rock giants. Every song on this is quality while the singles Shiver, Yellow and Trouble are timeless in my opinion. The best thing about this album is it shows how good Coldplay are without all the smoke and mirrors. There later albums have so much production that the songs often don't get the credit they deserve, whereas on Parachutes less production is definitely more. Expand
  11. Sep 8, 2012
    Have you ever heard the phrase "simplicity over complexity?". Well this album is a perfect example. You wake up and drink your coffee at a raining morning as you listen to Parachutes. The melody of the soft acoustic ballads enter smoothly at your ears making the moment remarkable. Solid album, definitely.
  12. Oct 28, 2011
    One of the most powerful debut albums of all time, Parachutes is now an absolute classic. The songs pulse with heart and soul. You'll be amazed from start to finish.
  13. Aug 24, 2013
    Quite simply perfect in a quiet, understated, romanitc, haunting way. So evocative and personal that it can't help but affect you. Coldplay was never better than in this stunning first album.
  14. Jun 13, 2014
    É um album explosivo, é muito forte para um debut, chega a ser impressionante que coldplay consegue fazer músicas com batidas tão calmas e não apelar para os palavrões e xingamentos,belissímas músicas e um ótimo album.
  15. Apr 19, 2014
    Parachutes is a great debut album for Coldplay. It has a great and unique style to it and I must say that if you listen to Coldplay's newer stuff and then come back to this, you can totally see the changes CP has made throughout the years; but I've liked most things that Coldplay has tried out unlike some fans who only like the first 3 Coldplay albums but hates everything after that. So IParachutes is a great debut album for Coldplay. It has a great and unique style to it and I must say that if you listen to Coldplay's newer stuff and then come back to this, you can totally see the changes CP has made throughout the years; but I've liked most things that Coldplay has tried out unlike some fans who only like the first 3 Coldplay albums but hates everything after that. So I do think that Parachutes is a worthy debut for the famed band, Coldplay. My favorite tracks are "Don't Panic", "Sparks", and "Yellow". Expand
  16. May 1, 2014
    Coldplay, with Parachutes, created a very strong album with a satisfying acoustic oriented album. Coldplay shook the musical world with this album, and wrote meaningful songs. Now upbeat, and somewhat dark, Parachutes is an album that leaves you wanting to listen to it more.
  17. Sep 14, 2014
    This is one of the best record of the decade. After this, Coldplay had never sound the same again. They were real and true to their project the rest are good records but not like this one. Some of the others you cannot fell their essence i admit they are evolving.
  18. Oct 14, 2014
    I love the chilling quaintness of the entire thing. The guitar chords are great, especially on Spies, which reminds me of James Bond. It's great that there are only a few real climaxes, and the rest builds up slowly to those. It's a pretty genius record. Favorite track: Spies

1. Although "Parachutes" brings nothing new to the table, Coldplay seems talented enough to transcend this early identity crisis.
  2. Combining bits of distorted guitar riffs and swishing percussion, Parachutes is a delightful introduction and also quickly indicates the reason why this album earned Coldplay a Mercury Music Prize nomination in fall 2000.
  3. Their debut album's secret arsenal comprises frontman Chris Martin's voice - prematurely aged for someone in their early twenties - and some supple, persuasive melodies. That and a great big side order of melancholy.