Paradise [EP]

8.0

Review this album

1. Jun 27, 2014
    'Paradise' EP makes my feelings go so high! I still fall in love with all songs, all time that I listen it. I really feel that my soul is on the Heaven, because the mix of her voice with lyrics and beats make it hot and better than ever.
  2. Sep 13, 2015
    I really love this EP! American is the best, and I think it's my favorite song of Lana! It makes me cry and it makes me want to run away, I don't know why. Ride, same. The only one I don't like very much is Blue Velvet, it bores me :/
  3. Aug 7, 2013
    It's pretty good, but no where near Born To Die. Same haunting songs, uptempo ballads, like a mini paradise. Incredibly enjoyable but more ballads than uptempo songs.
  4. Dec 16, 2014
    Even though only one EP is the best work of Lana Del Rey, a great album to hear and all the songs can be good.
    Highlights: Body Electric and Gods & Monsters
    Lows: Yayo and Blue Velvet
  5. Aug 26, 2016
    Paradise is a decent follow to Born to Die, but like Born to Die, it suffers from some dull and boring tracks but, besides that, there are some great songs on this new EP. Collapse
  6. Sep 10, 2015
    This takes you through a journey you are just going to be amaze of......
    I mean, it's amazing...... it's so jbdgasjdkjncjwndkwm
    I canĀ“t even desribe it.
  7. Mar 24, 2013
    I Consider This Born To Die Part 2... Along With Born To Die The Best Album Of 2012! (TIED!)
    Once More Del Rey Makes The Most Creative Songs Ever!
    I 100% Disagree With Rolling Stone's Review "Del Rey is far from a great singer, and her songs tend to drag"
  8. Jun 20, 2017
    Track by track of Paradise (Extended Play)

Ride - 10
    Yayo - 8
    Bel Air - 8

score: 8,7
  9. Aug 30, 2013
    Lana Del Rey has been an artist to watch, she sings different, her style is different, and she isn't like other pop starlet's. Now ten month after her debut album "Born to Die" she releases her EP followup "Paradise" which is a small collection of new songs that are the same themes of "Born to Die" but with more edge. As for the followup it's good, if not personally great. Lana Del ReyLana Del Rey has been an artist to watch, she sings different, her style is different, and she isn't like other pop starlet's. Now ten month after her debut album "Born to Die" she releases her EP followup "Paradise" which is a small collection of new songs that are the same themes of "Born to Die" but with more edge. As for the followup it's good, if not personally great. Lana Del Rey once again switches her voice often from High pitched to deeper than most female singers and her style still works and helps makes her song less boring. The messages she brings here are still the same, dark themes about the youth, dangerous love, and being and outlaw. I think it's fine, but it doesn't really help her develop as a singer or songwriter. Also even though the Ep is only eight to nine songs long, it feels repetitive at times as Del Rey doesn't change up her style. But some of her songs are great which include "Ride" and "Gods and Monsters" which is classic Del Rey. Overall if you like Lana Del Rey than you will enjoy her EP "Paradise" just don't expect anything new. Expand
  10. Nov 6, 2016
    6,7
    This album is defective after "Born to Die" I like more than the fact that it has more than songs. It is a deeper sounding unlike Born to Die.
    To highlight Radio, Cola, Body Electric and Gods and Monsters (Although I believe that a cover by Jessica Lange was better).
  11. Nov 16, 2012
    The album's "heaven" concept works well across the 8-9 tracks. Ride is one of the best songs I've heard in 2012. This album is for those who found the scandalous parts of the "Born To Die" persona too cheesy or annoying, as this may feel more natural to you. I still love Born To Die, but this EP is pretty cool. Standout is definitely Ride!
  12. May 21, 2014
    Paradise's exposure of an explicit, retro fantasy might be one of the most true moments of the musical decade, proving Lana's consistence as a century legend and giving her first album its deserved missing piece.
  13. Nov 20, 2012
    Ride: Her lead single is pretty perfect. I love the bridge "I'm tired of feeling like i am f*cking crazy". Absolutely amazing! 10/10
    American: Slowly but still interesting. She really loves her country :P 8/10
    Cola: "My **** tastes like Pepsi Cola" is not my favorite part. But the chorus is still thrilling!!! 8/10 Body Electric: A dark song. I love it. It sounds like a Halloween
    American: Slowly but still interesting. She really loves her country :P 8/10
    Body Electric: A dark song. I love it. It sounds like a Halloween Soundtrack. 9/10
    Blue Velvet: A Cover for H&M. But it sounds like the song was made for her. 10/10
    Gods and Monsters: The song brings you in another world until she sings **** you" :D 9/10
    Yayo: Her oldest song. But I love it 10/10
    Bel Air: The best song on "Paradise". I live the bridge. 10/10

9/10 points. I give a 10 because I love the the design of Paradise
  14. Dec 23, 2012
    Just As Perfect As Born To Die!
    American Is My Favorite Song!
  15. Apr 26, 2013
    I like tjis EP but i prefer Born To Die Lana did a good job with Paradise Edition but the record needs more work But i still love her and her songs still great and they will always be
  16. Nov 12, 2013
    It's so good to be an EP. You can die happy just listening tracks like Gods & Monsters or Ride. The whole album is good, but have details and songs that are no so good that we can expect.
  17. Jul 24, 2017
    Paradise is the stipped version of Born To Die. All of the songs are less produced than the original album, and so it's way more easier to access the emotion Lana Del Rey wants to communicate. The whole EP is very mature and humble.
  18. Dec 16, 2014
    It's not as great as her debut album, but this EP isn't a big letdown either. Her beautiful and deep voice are still there and the stories are still there but some of the tracks on it lacks the "spark" of her 2012's album. The good thing is that both "Ride" and "Cola" are epic tunes just as "Born to Die", "Video Games" and "Off to the Races" and made this EP worth.
  19. Nov 25, 2012
    Wonderful EP and a wise step forward. The songs are rich, interesting, and they show a different side of Lana. The lyrics are fresh as ever, and she's done something here that fits perfectly.
  20. Nov 19, 2012
    Lana Del Rey follows up with the beautilful album 'Born to Die' album with an album packed with slow and powerful ballads. The standout track "Ride" showcases how powerful she can be trough song. She is here to stay here both as a singer and also as a songwriter.
  21. Nov 20, 2012
    Once again, critics are basing their opinions on Lana's stage performance rather than the album itself. Paradise, much like Born to Die, is dream pop in it's best. With the whole cinematic "Hollywood" sound and brilliant lyrics, Paradise achieves the "gangsta Nancy Sinatra" sound that should not be avoided.
  22. Nov 15, 2012
    TEM A TESTA PEQUENA
    TEM O NARIZ PEQUENO
    VAGINADA
  23. Nov 15, 2012
    Lana Del Rey brings yet another, if more of the same, round to the 1950s-Nancy-Sinatra-pop genre with Paradise. While most of the songs are good, only a few are total standouts (i.e. Cola, Ride, Gods & Monsters, Yayo), which may or may not be a good thing for her future.
  24. Nov 26, 2013
    A lovely album with a calm tune. Some songs like 'Yayo' let the EP down. She should have never re-released it. Either way, the rest of the songs just made you want to sleep serenely.
  25. Jun 22, 2017
    This masterpiece attracts us with sounds and sweet melodies as the honey of Tennessee .
    I have no words to describe the inner beauty of this EP,I hope and all who read this review listen to the whole album
  26. Jun 11, 2013
    This CD contains excellent songs form the original Born to die and some new from Paradise. I liked most of the songs which brought me melancholy and nostalgia. One of the best of it's kind. Maybe better than Adele's 21
  27. Jul 25, 2017
    Just As Perfect As Born To Die!
    American Is My Favorite Song!Just As Perfect As Born To Die!
    American Is My Favorite Song!
  28. Jul 21, 2017
    Such an amazing album it is. I love how she creates such artistic songs in the album. This album is definitely 10-worthy. I love it so much. Totally would recommend it.
  29. Dec 29, 2012
    Del Rey shines bright as the Paradise EP captivates fans around the world, allowing Lana to prove herself as one of the best there is, in years to come. The EP opens with the soothing sound of Ride, getting audiences in that mood straight away, leaving us on the edge of our seats, wait for the arrival of track 2 (and so on). After a full listen of the album, its easy to say Lana stayedDel Rey shines bright as the Paradise EP captivates fans around the world, allowing Lana to prove herself as one of the best there is, in years to come. The EP opens with the soothing sound of Ride, getting audiences in that mood straight away, leaving us on the edge of our seats, wait for the arrival of track 2 (and so on). After a full listen of the album, its easy to say Lana stayed true to her roots on this project, something most of today's singers fail to do, as we see countless stars selling out to dance-pop, however Lana's legit attitudes comes over as a breeze of fresh air. A filler-free, instant classic everybody should pick up as in my eyes, Born to Die: The Paradise Edition can be said to be one of the best releases of the past decade... Collapse
  30. Mar 26, 2014
    Very solid record, is short but is enough to express what she needs to say. Every single song,probably with the exception of Yayo has a meaning, and the cover of Blue Velvet is just a classic. Better than Born to Die in terms of maturity and development of the lyrics. If there were some flaws on it, I'd just say that maybe it lacks a bit of cohesion and some songs would fit better withVery solid record, is short but is enough to express what she needs to say. Every single song,probably with the exception of Yayo has a meaning, and the cover of Blue Velvet is just a classic. Better than Born to Die in terms of maturity and development of the lyrics. If there were some flaws on it, I'd just say that maybe it lacks a bit of cohesion and some songs would fit better with each other if they had been arranged just a bit different. An amazingly great and very solid alternative pop album. Expand

1. Jan 2, 2013
    Born to Die's highlights are both slightly more numerous and slightly more effective--but it's still a very strong, successful record, whether taken as an addition or a follow-up.
  2. Entertainment Weekly
    Nov 21, 2012
    Though she makes a few knowingly meta nods to her own rep, Paradise leans too hard on the same tired drowsy-Lolita poses. [23 Nov 2012, p.70]
    Once you accept that Lana knows exactly what she's doing--that she, not Interscope Records or any of her co-producers, is the architect behind this R-rated retro-pop fantasy--then maybe you'll start loving her, too.