5.3

Review this album

1. Nov 21, 2012
    Well, surprising The Re-Up is good, this is the Nicki that i love, there's a few weak tracks, but is Minaj at her best! My favorites are the epic Up In Flames and Freedom, her redemption song? Good Collaborations like The Boys and Hell Yeah, the typical and bombastic hit Va Va Voom (better than the crap Starships) and obvious the worst track I Endorse These Strippers, not mention to Lil Wayne (he sucks and ruined it all). But rectifies certain initial errors, yes! Expand
  2. Nov 23, 2012
    It's exactly what 'Roman Reloaded' SHOULD'VE been in the first place! It's an evolved version of 'Pink Friday,' with a nastier flow and great lines. She goes for it all and blends all singing into her raps effortlessly. The pop elements that bogged down 'Roman Reloaded' are largely ditched, though she manages to make a spectacular Super Bass 2.0 in 'Va Va Voom.' She switches up every song, and often inside the song multiple times ('I'm Legit'). This has some great hits, so give it a chance before writing Nicki off as a pop novelty. Collapse
  3. Nov 21, 2012
    The Re-Up is everything you could ask for in Nicki. She blends singing and rapping so well without using the dance tracks to satisfy some hip-hop fans. The songs Freedom, The Boys, and Va Va Voom are something that both genres can listen to without judging its true genre. I really like Up In Flames as wel. It reminds me of something Kayne West would put out. A very critical acclaim track could win a grammy. The other 4 songs(High School, Hell Yeah, I'm Legit, and I Endose These Strippers) cater to the hip-hop fans that fell in love with her during her mixtape days.

Another thing I love is that none of the features overshadow her unlike her previous work!!!!
  4. Nov 21, 2012
    Awesome! I love Nicki rap. She's amazing, and this album is epic. The Re Up means quality. I don't like Nicki pop, and i'm glad to see Old Nicki's back. I love it.
  5. Nov 21, 2012
    Her best work to date!!! Very well put together, especially 'High School' & 'Up In Flames' This is definetly an album for her Hip Hop & R&B fans!!! Just an amazing album altogether and you can see the growth. Very. very nice.
  6. Nov 25, 2012
    NICKI MINAJ DID A great job!!!! i love roman reloaded the -RE-UP!!!!! I LOVE HOW SHE RAPS AND IS THE BADEST IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW!!!!!! LOVE THE RE-UP!!!!!
  7. Nov 28, 2012
    Good body of work, from the the choir assisted Up in Flames to pop songs like Va Va Voom, she should've released it as an ep Though, but yeah it's really good.
  8. Nov 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nicki proved to be the Rap Queen with the fast songs. On the other hand, slow verses with deep messages explain why she is so talented as an artist. Good re-release Expand
  9. Dec 1, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love rap music and this cd was great!! Pink friday roman reloaded was good but the Re-up just stood out a lot more than pink Friday. I loved each and every song. GREAT JOB NICKI Expand
  10. Dec 10, 2012
    This EP is absolutely amazing. this is old school nicki clashing with the new nicki and she really brings her A game on this album. I cant wait whats in store for her next album
  11. Mar 24, 2013
    Once More Nicki Blows Me Away!
  12. Jul 10, 2013
    Great improve of Minaj! Tracks like "Up In Flames" and "I''m Legit" show that Minaj is a treat in rap game. Finally she is finding her right path, hope she continues improving because she still can do more.
  13. Oct 19, 2013
    awesome album!!! the songs on it are really good and unique. every thing about this album i love. If you like pop and rap music then you will probably like this album.
  14. Dec 30, 2013
    Such a great album! IT has sold over 900k copies this month! AND ITS ONLY A RE-RELEASE plus only like 2 stores have been selling it in the US and internationally only on amazon and it was sold out WW. btw love Nicki's body
  15. Jan 7, 2014
    Nicki Godnaj Slayed the basic female Rappers, she is the Queen of Rap/Hip-Hop Music and the princess of Pop, no other super start could ever do this, she is the best rapper of all the time.
  16. Nov 21, 2012
    "Now quite revealing, i'm not a R&B and Hip-Hop fan. I didn't really give my best of listening to much R&B or hip-hop music probably since I was three to be exact. But ever since I heard of Nicki Minaj, I absolutely loved her! [...] She brings a fun, outragous, funny and sometimes serious tone [...] Overall, Nicki has set the album clear. Its both a pop album and Hip-Hop album. Not bad by any means and sounds great, but sounds more incomplete." Expand
  17. Dec 3, 2012
    Really good she did a great job with the new tracks ! It brings a great balance to what she did with Roman Reloaded. I wasn't mad at her for doing pop music it actually sounded good. She proved she can do both.
  18. Apr 21, 2013
    You know I was skeptical in listening to this collection, but surprisingly, it's a great set of music. The Re-Up completely reassured me of how great of an artist Nicki can be.

Stand-out tracks include: Up in Flames, Hell Yeah, and High School.
  19. Sep 11, 2013
    Just like anyone else, with "Pink Friday; Roman Reloaded", i taught that her carrier is over and she's the worst rapper alive. But she proved me wrong. With these 7 new songs you will see the true Nicki, the Nicki without the crazy wigs and bad pop songs. So proud of her.

An extra eight-track CD of new material, which is our primary concern here. [It does not] adds much to the Minaj experience.
  2. Nov 27, 2012
    Special note to the freakazoids who think "Starships" killed hip-hop: the rapper who rhymes "fri-vo-lous" with "po-ly-ga-mist" is X-Acto sharp as ever.
  3. Nov 27, 2012
    On most of these tracks, Minaj rises to the occasion.