5.8

Review this album

1. Nov 21, 2012
    The Re-Up is everything you could ask for in Nicki. She blends singing and rapping so well without using the dance tracks to satisfy some hip-hop fans. The songs Freedom, The Boys, and Va Va Voom are something that both genres can listen to without judging its true genre. I really like Up In Flames as wel. It reminds me of something Kayne West would put out. A very critical acclaim track could win a grammy. The other 4 songs(High School, Hell Yeah, I'm Legit, and I Endose These Strippers) cater to the hip-hop fans that fell in love with her during her mixtape days.

Another thing I love is that none of the features overshadow her unlike her previous work!!!!
  2. Nov 21, 2012
    Awesome! I love Nicki rap. She's amazing, and this album is epic. The Re Up means quality. I don't like Nicki pop, and i'm glad to see Old Nicki's back. I love it.
  3. Nov 21, 2012
    Well, surprising The Re-Up is good, this is the Nicki that i love, there's a few weak tracks, but is Minaj at her best! My favorites are the epic Up In Flames and Freedom, her redemption song? Good Collaborations like The Boys and Hell Yeah, the typical and bombastic hit Va Va Voom (better than the crap Starships) and obvious the worst track I Endorse These Strippers, not mention to Lil Wayne (he sucks and ruined it all). But rectifies certain initial errors, yes! Expand
  4. Nov 21, 2012
    "Now quite revealing, i'm not a R&B and Hip-Hop fan. I didn't really give my best of listening to much R&B or hip-hop music probably since I was three to be exact. But ever since I heard of Nicki Minaj, I absolutely loved her! [...] She brings a fun, outragous, funny and sometimes serious tone [...] Overall, Nicki has set the album clear. Its both a pop album and Hip-Hop album. Not bad by any means and sounds great, but sounds more incomplete." Expand
  5. Nov 21, 2012
    Her best work to date!!! Very well put together, especially 'High School' & 'Up In Flames' This is definetly an album for her Hip Hop & R&B fans!!! Just an amazing album altogether and you can see the growth. Very. very nice.
  6. Dec 31, 2012
    With the much unexpected release of The Re-Up, Miss Minaj finally seems to be giving the public what the have been grieving for since the beginning, actually listenable, good music. Following April's Roman Reloaded, Nicki suffered the backlash of a decrease in sales and a bad public perception, as songs such as 'Stupid Ho' and 'Roman Holiday' were chosen as the main form of promotion fro the project. However as the newly released album opens, Listeners are greeted by the delightful sounds of 'Up in Flames' a hard hitting rap track drawing influences from opera. Freedom features inspiration from other tracks from Minaj such as 'Save Me' and 'Here I Am'. Tracks such as 'Hell Yeah' 'High School' and 'The Boys' see Nicki Minaj at her best, recording the right music she should be... great hip hop. However Having Lil' Wayne appear 3 times on one album can be quite annoying. 7/10 Expand
  7. Nov 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nicki proved to be the Rap Queen with the fast songs. On the other hand, slow verses with deep messages explain why she is so talented as an artist. Good re-release Expand
  8. Nov 23, 2012
    It's exactly what 'Roman Reloaded' SHOULD'VE been in the first place! It's an evolved version of 'Pink Friday,' with a nastier flow and great lines. She goes for it all and blends all singing into her raps effortlessly. The pop elements that bogged down 'Roman Reloaded' are largely ditched, though she manages to make a spectacular Super Bass 2.0 in 'Va Va Voom.' She switches up every song, and often inside the song multiple times ('I'm Legit'). This has some great hits, so give it a chance before writing Nicki off as a pop novelty. Expand
  9. Sep 12, 2013
    A failed attempt at a return to form. Her flow is as good as ever but the production really weighs the EP down and it just drags. Maybe she'll get the perfect mix of both next time.
  10. Nov 27, 2012
    This is the worst album released this year. Her material keeps getting worse and worse. I rooted for her in the beginning, but now it's tragic. This might very well be the last album she releases because no one wants to buy them anymore.
  11. Nov 27, 2012
    there is nothing new as it continues to be re released with new music that keeps changing the title. not impressed. she can do much better but its going to be a while
  12. Nov 25, 2012
    NICKI MINAJ DID A great job!!!! i love roman reloaded the -RE-UP!!!!! I LOVE HOW SHE RAPS AND IS THE BADEST IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW!!!!!! LOVE THE RE-UP!!!!!
  13. Nov 27, 2012
    It seems that she gave up to join the pop, saw that it would not work 100% and decided to rap? it is not a bad rapper, she is terrible, please. she should stop relaunch their only album and try to do something that really pay, even making sure she will be very difficult to make a good album, I wish her ​​luck.
  14. Jul 15, 2013
    After achieving tons of fans and selling tons of singles, Nicki Minaj tries VERY hard to comeback to hip-hop. Well, it's maybe too late.

Recognized by many as "pop singer", or a "pop star who appeals to hip-hop" Birdman, this album is completely useless, lazy and unnecessary. COMPLETELY.

Her biggest objective re-releasing Roman Reloaded was going platinum. Whatever, it is still
    stuck on 855,000 copies.

This is probably the best what we're going to see about her. And is still weak. VERY weak compared to some hip-hop ladies from the past, mainly her nemesis Lil' Kim.

As always, she included a damn pop song to increase her sales which was the only charting song on the EP.

Unecessary.
  15. Dec 3, 2012
    This is even worse than the original Roman Reloaded. More hollow generic rap/pop songs. Nicki sucks as a rapper and singer. Don't waste your money on this steaming pile of ****
  16. May 17, 2013
    Wow another clown in the circus of freaks. Tasteless...
  17. Mar 16, 2013
    TRASH! Annoying, boring, repetitive, boring, basic, nothing, boring, boring! She acts like a crazy person and keep on screaming on her songs, the hole album is trash, trash and more trash, burn it if you have one okay?
  18. Dec 3, 2012
    Really good she did a great job with the new tracks ! It brings a great balance to what she did with Roman Reloaded. I wasn't mad at her for doing pop music it actually sounded good. She proved she can do both.
  19. Nov 28, 2012
    Good body of work, from the the choir assisted Up in Flames to pop songs like Va Va Voom, she should've released it as an ep Though, but yeah it's really good.
  20. Dec 1, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love rap music and this cd was great!! Pink friday roman reloaded was good but the Re-up just stood out a lot more than pink Friday. I loved each and every song. GREAT JOB NICKI Expand
  21. Jun 6, 2013
    i'm not exaggerating. My hears hurt after listening to this. The songs suck. Nicki Minaj... I'm not sure what the hell she is. She's worries about the problems of a 13 year old ans I think she might be a couple hundred years old and survives by feeding people her horrible excuse for music.
  22. Jul 10, 2013
    Great improve of Minaj! Tracks like "Up In Flames" and "I''m Legit" show that Minaj is a treat in rap game. Finally she is finding her right path, hope she continues improving because she still can do more.
  23. Aug 16, 2013
    This is a review for "The Re-Up". Not the DVD or the other CD "Roman Reloaded". Nicki wows me again. "The Re-Up" is all rap, except for a chorus or two. Really great album. Great collaborators, great songs, great everything.
  24. Jul 5, 2013
    Nicki Minaj's Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded The Re-Up EP is an annoying, profane and is in bad taste. It may provide some half-decent tunes at times, but most of this EP is filled with repetitive lyrics and is often boring. Fans of Minaj's work will definitely enjoy this as it is more of the same that they have grown to love, but for people who don't like Minaj's work, why would they like this.
  25. Dec 10, 2012
    This EP is absolutely amazing. this is old school nicki clashing with the new nicki and she really brings her A game on this album. I cant wait whats in store for her next album
  26. Mar 24, 2013
    Once More Nicki Blows Me Away!
  27. Apr 9, 2013
    Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded--the Re-Up deixa de ser um álbum brilhante, para ser apenas mais um da série Pink...
    Ficou muito cansativo, parece que o mesmo álbum de estreia, aonde tudo sobre Nicki era novo e maravilhoso.
    Como não poderia faltar Minaj abusou das parcerias, mas não que isso seja ruim. Na minha visão das parcerias, surgiram as músicas que dão um brilho ao CD, são elas: I'm
    Legit (Feat. Ciara) e I Endorse These Strippers (Feat. Tyga & Brinx).
    Em contra partida, uma música que poderia ser jogada no lixo Hell Yeah (Feat. Parker).
  28. Apr 21, 2013
    You know I was skeptical in listening to this collection, but surprisingly, it's a great set of music. The Re-Up completely reassured me of how great of an artist Nicki can be.

Stand-out tracks include: Up in Flames, Hell Yeah, and High School.
  29. May 12, 2013
    Not good at all. This album isn't really good. I root for High School though, that is one of her best tracks. I like her pop-rap better than rap itself. She should just do PF:RR or PF type of music, not this. 1/2 score because of High School.
  30. Sep 11, 2013
    Just like anyone else, with "Pink Friday; Roman Reloaded", i taught that her carrier is over and she's the worst rapper alive. But she proved me wrong. With these 7 new songs you will see the true Nicki, the Nicki without the crazy wigs and bad pop songs. So proud of her.
  31. Oct 19, 2013
    awesome album!!! the songs on it are really good and unique. every thing about this album i love. If you like pop and rap music then you will probably like this album.
  32. Nov 12, 2013
    I heard one song and face palmed, she literally started out as a great rapper and now resorted to generic auto-tuned pop rubbish to gain a larger following, Hip-hop followers have literally just turned their back on her as she some what sold out. The re-up made me lose faith in hip-hop all together, Poor lyricism, poor flow lack of creativity. Pure rubbish.
  33. Jan 3, 2014
    This "music" is pretty horrible as does her face and her teammates. Whoever reviewed this with a positive review should NOW open youtube and listen to Lil' Kim, Queen Latifah, Left Eye, M.I.A., etc, all night long. This is very very bad.
  34. Dec 16, 2012
    It's good, but still a decent re-release for Nicki Minaj. I don't know if she's gonna do well on "American Idol" and getting along with Mariah Carey. I thought the feud is gonna be on and poppin'. Mariah hates Nicki, Nicki hates Mariah, Randy Jackson no longer be a judge on the show. I can't wait for the new Idol in 2013.
  35. Jan 28, 2013
    In addition to the already 20-ish songs there are an additional few more new tracks in this re-issue. All up the album is still just OK as there are too many skip-worthy tracks, but at least there are a few stand-outs like the singles.
  36. Mar 20, 2013
    Almost every review on her is either bias or too much. I mean every one has a 10 or a 0. Here is a reliable review from someone who heard it without loving her or hating. 27 songs OK that's what Im talking about non-stop party. OK. But Id say half are actually good. Fire Burns, Automatic, Pound the Alarm, Whip It, Starships, Roman Reloaded, Up In Flames, and The Boys are good to listen to. I think Va Va Vome sounds the best and is the only one I actually kept on my computer. Beez In The Trap (If you black) you will love it, I like it. Id say listen before downloading or buying. Collapse
  37. AGK
    Dec 26, 2013
    Can't.....comprehend.......the number....of............pink friday albums! what are the critics thinking? how is this worth your time? it's trash! where is my lighter and gas when i need it most?
  38. Dec 30, 2013
    Such a great album! IT has sold over 900k copies this month! AND ITS ONLY A RE-RELEASE plus only like 2 stores have been selling it in the US and internationally only on amazon and it was sold out WW. btw love Nicki's body
  39. Jan 3, 2014
    She's a weak, terrible rapper, the worst female rapper to ever join the female rap movement. Even with the fact that her next album is gonna flop and she's gonna disappear forever, what Nicki Minaj did to the female rap movement is totally terrible and very scary.
  40. Jan 7, 2014
    Nicki Godnaj Slayed the basic female Rappers, she is the Queen of Rap/Hip-Hop Music and the princess of Pop, no other super start could ever do this, she is the best rapper of all the time.
  41. May 26, 2014
    very good album different from what I expected, you can listen to this without having to jump the tracks, strong and beautiful lyrics, Minaj nailed it, Congratulations!
  42. Jun 16, 2014
    Sempre arrasandooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  43. Aug 30, 2014
    This re-release of Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded is great, it's more so something for the FANS and I think that should be noted because a lot of people might not get it. But I loved every track from start to finish.

An extra eight-track CD of new material, which is our primary concern here. [It does not] adds much to the Minaj experience.
  2. Nov 27, 2012
    Special note to the freakazoids who think "Starships" killed hip-hop: the rapper who rhymes "fri-vo-lous" with "po-ly-ga-mist" is X-Acto sharp as ever.
  3. Nov 27, 2012
    On most of these tracks, Minaj rises to the occasion.