8.4

Review this album

1. Feb 5, 2013
    I can’t think of anything to say that hasn’t already been said about Moby’s Play album. The one thing that I can say though (and I know it is typical) is that it's his best album he has ever made throughout his entire career.

The music was flawless, the beats are nice and catchy, the samples he used is brilliant, and it has a fantastic pace. I love how the first couple of tracks were

I love how the first couple of tracks were all fun and throughout the course of the album, it starts to get darker, more meaningful and really emotional.

Overall, Moby’s Play is a fantastic album. It left a huge impact on the electronic music genre and it certainly had left a huge impact on me for the rest of my life.

Track Picks: Honey, Porcelain, Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad?, Rushing, Bodyrock, Natural Blues The Sky Is Broken

DW Rating: 5 out of 5 stars *Album Pick*

1. This time out, Moby manages to establish himself not only as a talented multi-instrumentalist and genre-jumper, but as someone who can write interesting songs in a variety of genres -- a point he's missed in the past.
  2. But though the blues and gospel and more gospel testify not just for song but for body and spirit, they wouldn't shout anywhere near as loud and clear without the mastermind's ministrations--his grooves, his pacing, his textures, his harmonies, sometimes his tunes...
  3. Play's inventiveness will restore his reputation as a puck-like, maverick talent.