Prism

• Release Date: Oct 22, 2013
5.9

Review this album

1. Oct 24, 2013
    unfortunately i did not like this album, it is very superficial, it does not have a good artistic view, it´s just pop songs with trash lyrics, so it is
  2. Oct 22, 2013
    The musical evolution of Katy's from the songs 9 16, she really let the light in, not so cormecial as "Teenage Dream" and not as organic as "One of The Boys", she finally found herself artistically.
  3. Oct 22, 2013
    much ballad, very cheerful music
    songs of self control and music to make it clear that you send.
    Congratulations katy.
    music highlights
    It Takes Two, and Love Me Roar course
  4. Oct 22, 2013
    It seems like the album was made for a unique objective: Charts. Devoid of any artistic intention, Prism is just another album with some mainstream songs that probably will be on top of the Billboard Hot 100.
  5. Oct 22, 2013
    Amazing!! Prism is so fresh. Katy is so fresh. Best pop singer ever!! This record is so lovely, Katy find herself e looks like she's pretty comfortable. LET THE LIGHT IN!
  6. Oct 22, 2013
    well, everything she said gone wrong....she said this one would be darkest but i didn't really see anything differente about her music..it's always the same and this just gets me bored
  7. Oct 22, 2013
    Katy Perry is doing the same thing. There's just a few good songs, but all of them sounds the same. Maybe she needs to try something new. There's good lyrics on the album while the rhythm of all of them are getting Perry's back to "One of the Boys...", she needs more of the potential of "Teenage Dream".
  8. Oct 22, 2013
    I must admit I'm absolutely disappointed with this album.
    It's Teenage Dream all over again. The music is more serious? Seriously, is it?
    I must admit I'm absolutely disappointed with this album.
    It's Teenage Dream all over again. The music is more serious? Seriously, is it?
    Do Birthday, This Is How We Do, Walking on Air, International Smile and Dark Horse seem like serious songs to you? Sure, the album has a few serious tracks, but that's what everyone expects from an album that was promised to be dark. And, it is the opposite of dark.

Katy played it safe again. All the tracks are catchy and they could do well on charts, but, they're incredibly forgettable. They not only sound alike with the songs on Teenage Dream, they also sound alike between them! By the Grace of God, Unconditionally, Roar and Walking on Air are the only standout tracks.

Katy should take more risks and try new styles. Her fans will like Prism, but the general public will hardly do.
  9. Nov 11, 2013
  10. Nov 20, 2013
    It has been a while since we've heard from Katy Perry, the crazy haired, 29 year old who sang out Partying, Sex, and also had whip cream spray out of her boobs. Now after a painful divorce with comedian Russell Brand, Perry hopes to change her image. Now it's 2013 and we have "PRISM" which is led by her new hit single "Roar". I was looking forward to PRISM even though it looked like itIt has been a while since we've heard from Katy Perry, the crazy haired, 29 year old who sang out Partying, Sex, and also had whip cream spray out of her boobs. Now after a painful divorce with comedian Russell Brand, Perry hopes to change her image. Now it's 2013 and we have "PRISM" which is led by her new hit single "Roar". I was looking forward to PRISM even though it looked like it wouldn't have the fun, carefree image of Perry that we got from her last album "Teenage Dream". Which for Teenage Dream I enjoyed, despite some flaws. But PRISM is a very plain vanilla album with cliches abound and not a lot of originality, making PRISM a disappointment. The first eight songs are very good, but they don't have the edge that Perry brought in for Teenage Dream, most of the songs here sound like something I've heard from other artists like Katy Perry. There are a few standouts, "This is How We Do" sounds like a fun anthem for any kind of party, and "Birthday" is endlessly charming and adorable (even if the topic is about sex). The hit song "Roar" is okay, but it draws many similarities to Sara Bareilles "Brave" which in my opinion is a much better song. My main problem with PRISM is it's second half, although Perry shines in the vocal department, her songs are very borderline cheesy, on the level of Christian/Faith music, that's fine, but it's endlessly repeated on the final half, which leads to a very boring finale. Overall, "PRISM" tries to be different, but does it in all the wrong ways (it's also slow), fans of Katy Perry will find something to enjoy here, but for right now, let's hope Katy Perry recovers and gets back to the fun image we all loved. Expand
  11. Jan 23, 2014
    This album disappoints me greatly and I have been a die-hard fan. I like some of it, but I still feel frustrated. It lacks the "escapism" of Teenage Dream. In ET and California Gurls the videos are actually portrayed on an entirely different world--not earth! The fake hair, colors, personas, and alternate reality Perry created was escapism at its best and brought me joy. I could goThis album disappoints me greatly and I have been a die-hard fan. I like some of it, but I still feel frustrated. It lacks the "escapism" of Teenage Dream. In ET and California Gurls the videos are actually portrayed on an entirely different world--not earth! The fake hair, colors, personas, and alternate reality Perry created was escapism at its best and brought me joy. I could go to "Katy Perry Land" for a while where clothing is optional on cotton candy clouds and everything is candy coated, colorful, magical and fun. Sexy, beautiful aliens fell from the sky. It was SO special.

Prism has ok songs, but it doesn't transport me anywhere and that is why it feels unfulfilling and bland. It is just catchy pop songs, with a pop star who is very familiar, and that makes it not so special. I'm ok with her "maturing", and trying out different sounds and images, but I still want to be transported SOMEWHERE (more interesting than in my car listening to the radio, or dancing in a club to another familiar beat).

Burning the blue wig also made me sad. I feel betrayed. Candyland is gone. She set it on fire and burned it. I would prefer to not live in a world where I never see Katy Perry in a blue wig again. :(

You don't have to destroy the old (that we all loved) in order to move on with something new. They are not mutually exclusive.
  12. Jun 20, 2014
    Album legalzinho,até escutável,temos boas músicas com Dark Horse e Legendary Lovers mas tantas músicas sujam o album.
    O album levaria um 4,mas darei 5 por ainda ter a esperança da Katy anterior.
  13. Dec 16, 2014
    I thought when she buried her Teenage Dream was something she would be more focused on quality and be less commercial, but was worse than the last, she had a tremendous fallen between the two, although they have good songs is a fully commercial album and after the ninth track all the songs sound the same which causes sleep.
    Highlights: Legendary Lovers and Walking On Air
    Lows: Double
    Highlights: Legendary Lovers and Walking On Air
    Lows: Double Rainbow and Dark Horse
  14. Mar 18, 2015
    Track by track review:
    1. Roar 6/10
    2. Legendary Lovers 10/10 3. Birthday 10/10 4. Walking on Air 8/10 5. Unconditionally 9/10 6. Dark Horse 0.5/10 7. This Is How We Do 6/10 8. International Smile 5.5/10 9. Ghost 10/10 10. Love Me 2/10 11. This Moment 4.5/10 12. Double Rainbow 5/10 13. By the Grace of God 10/10 Highlight: Legendary Lovers Potential singles: Roar, Dark
    Track by track review:
    11. This Moment 4.5/10
    12. Double Rainbow 5/10
    13. By the Grace of God 10/10

Highlight: Legendary Lovers
    Potential singles: Roar, Dark Horse, Walking on Air, Legendary Lovers, Unconditionally.
  15. Sep 1, 2015
    I love artists who share whats inside and express it externally, Katy Perry is someone to aspire to, it's the most uplifting and inspiring music and always the best choice when flipping through the radio.
  16. Dec 17, 2014
    Si se me preguntase en mi humilde opinión que pienso de Prism diría que es la fallida re invención de Katy Perry, sus canciones son pegajosas, pero esta colmadas de Clichés que simplemente no hacen de esta una experiencia original, y llendo en contra de los críticos, en mi opinión, el mejor álbum de Katy Perry es Teenage Dream.
  17. Dec 5, 2013
    She said that the album is 'dark' but i don't seems to see any 'darkness' inside. Roar being the first single doesn't really represents the album. Too much ballad at the end and very generic. Choice of producers are very limited too, hopefully she venture into other producers other than Dr Luke.
  18. Feb 27, 2014
    Prism, de Katy Perry, é bom, mas não vale um grammy.

Prism, de Katy Perry, é bom, mas não vale um grammy.

Katy Perry veio com Prism, que promete ser com certeza um álbum recheado de sucessos para a carreia de Katy, porém, mais uma vez, a cantora não traz nada demais. Com músicas boas, Katy Perry continua presa em sua zona de conforto, e a cada música escutada você começa a ter a impressão de que a cantora lança single já pensando em #1. Se Katy Perry quiser mesmo um grammy, precisa mudar muito e deixar de ser uma escrava da Capitol Records.
    Melhores do álbum: Legendary Lovers, Walking On Air, Dark Horse e Unconditionally
  19. Jul 8, 2014
    I've never heard an album such as this commercial. Kids and presumptuous, sometimes I wonder, as they needed 20 composers to compose songs like: "I got the eye of the tiger, the fighter, dancing through the fire... 'Cause I am the champion and you're gonna hear me roar... Louder, louder than a lion"? Until I do better than that with only a piano and a pen. But Prism has its positive side,I've never heard an album such as this commercial. Kids and presumptuous, sometimes I wonder, as they needed 20 composers to compose songs like: "I got the eye of the tiger, the fighter, dancing through the fire... 'Cause I am the champion and you're gonna hear me roar... Louder, louder than a lion"? Until I do better than that with only a piano and a pen. But Prism has its positive side, some songs like "By The Gace Of God" or "Double Rainbow" are saved, and they materialize a Katy Perry somewhat more mature, but it's nothing that you come to say, "OH MY GOD". Expand
  20. Jun 5, 2015
    Não há progresso em relação aos Álbuns anteriores, é comercial, feito pra vender.

as músicas boas são Spitual, Ghost, By The Grace of God, Choose Your Battles e It Takes Two, espero que ela traga musicas suaves assim pra próxima era ou seja Dark.

This Is How We Do ? Descarte do Teenage Dream, esqueceram de colocar e botaram nesse
  21. Mar 11, 2015
    Prism functions more as a collection of songs than as a cohesive album, which turns out to be somewhat satisfying and irritating at the same time. As a whole it's pretty disjointed, but that's not to say there aren't some fantastic songs on this album. The standout tracks in my opinion are Roar, Legendary Lovers, Walking on Air, This Is How We Do, International Smile, By The Grace of God,Prism functions more as a collection of songs than as a cohesive album, which turns out to be somewhat satisfying and irritating at the same time. As a whole it's pretty disjointed, but that's not to say there aren't some fantastic songs on this album. The standout tracks in my opinion are Roar, Legendary Lovers, Walking on Air, This Is How We Do, International Smile, By The Grace of God, Spiritual, and Choose Your Battles. Most of the other songs are pretty good too, and some are just duds, namely Unconditionally, Love Me, and This Moment.

Prism definitely isn't the masterpiece that was Teenage Dream, but it still features a nice collection of diverse, catchy, and memorable pop songs that is more or less a continuation of her winning formula from her last album.
  22. Sep 7, 2015
    In my opinion, this is Katy Perry's strongest body of work. Her lyrics are better than her previous albums and finally we get to see the vaunerable side of her instead of the constantly poppy and up beat Katy that we know.
  23. Sep 7, 2015
    In Prism are included some iconic songs,meaningful songs and other boring songs...I think that Katy should work to make more interesting songs and not focus only on 4 or 5 songs of one album!!!
    P.S. I love Roar Darkhorse and Unconditionally
  24. Sep 9, 2015
    Its okay!
    Legendary Lovers steals the spotlight for me, I feel like there were a lot of filler songs, no song is really bad though. Roar is the one I don't really don't like
  25. Sep 13, 2015
    I used to listen to her 1 year ago and now I did back and PRISM is still a good album, the last tracks are the best, but the singles are the worst. Ballades like 'Ghost' 'Love Me' 'Double Rainbow' are the best.
  26. Oct 30, 2015
    After Teenage Dream, its look bad but also, there is unforgettable songs like Legendary Lovers, Walking On Air and By The Grace Of God. Silly to these songs didn't choose for be a single but still it is a beautiful album.
  27. IGa
    Jan 30, 2016
    Even that rather predictable, it is surprising to see an artist choose this pop style in the midst of so many successful concept albums. Katy Perry showed again that does not like to surrender to the fad and eventually creating one albums which, though it may be a fairly predictable nature and not much difference from its predecessor, deserves its share of praise. "Prism" has great lyricsEven that rather predictable, it is surprising to see an artist choose this pop style in the midst of so many successful concept albums. Katy Perry showed again that does not like to surrender to the fad and eventually creating one albums which, though it may be a fairly predictable nature and not much difference from its predecessor, deserves its share of praise. "Prism" has great lyrics and vibrant beats, but the excitement of trying something new is far away from here. "Prism" sounds more like a "Teenage Dream 2", but it works very well to show again the fun pop vein of Katy Perry. Expand
  28. Oct 21, 2016
    Oh just absolutely awful and trash. Generic, boring. Katy is doing the same old with no signs of maturity or progressiveness in her music, and it became tiring very quickly.
  29. Nov 2, 2013
    Now, she said this album was gonna be dark. With the exception of tracks such as Dark Horse, it's a quality that is constantly lacked. But for what was released, I guess it's good overall. This sounds a lot more mature than the previous two albums which is undeniable by any listener. Even people who hate Katy Perry.
  30. Nov 12, 2013
    Her newest album, Prism, is a disappointment if one is going to hold on to her words promising a darker tune. It's full of cliches, the tracks sound alike and pales in comparison to her magnum opus which was Teenage Dream (and even that was full a factory made album designed to cater to the gullible masses).
  31. Nov 12, 2013
    Will Katy Perry ever dismiss herself as the bubblegum pop sell out that she is? Yet another boring, repetitive album. I look forward to the day when we hear something different from Ms. Perry. Right now, she's a perfect marketing machine with no decent output.
  32. Nov 16, 2013
    After patiently waiting and getting my hopes up for a darker side of Katy Perry, I was very disappointed when I finally heard this album. It seems to be that she is trying to make music that will top the charts, rather then focusing on the actual quality of the music. Of course, we find what we always find in Katy Perry's music: catchy melodies and a variety of songs (ballads, danceAfter patiently waiting and getting my hopes up for a darker side of Katy Perry, I was very disappointed when I finally heard this album. It seems to be that she is trying to make music that will top the charts, rather then focusing on the actual quality of the music. Of course, we find what we always find in Katy Perry's music: catchy melodies and a variety of songs (ballads, dance tracks, glam rock etc.) However, After hearing a re-make of each one of her albums, I can efficiently conclude that it gets very boring. It's about quality, not quantity.

Summary: Catchy, yet utterly boring
  33. Dec 15, 2013
    Katy Perry is one of the most basic artists out there. This album proves it again. Corny music and lyrics. Very repetitive as she can only do what she can with her voice (and I´m not even reviewing her real singing voice without the auto-tune). Only really good tracks are Legendary Lovers (still corny) and Dark Horse. The rest is just bad. The usual from this type of artists. Where are theKaty Perry is one of the most basic artists out there. This album proves it again. Corny music and lyrics. Very repetitive as she can only do what she can with her voice (and I´m not even reviewing her real singing voice without the auto-tune). Only really good tracks are Legendary Lovers (still corny) and Dark Horse. The rest is just bad. The usual from this type of artists. Where are the real big talented names in mainstream music? Like it used to be in the 80s and 90s? Sad state music industry is in. Expand
  34. Oct 27, 2013
    Teenage dream will continue to be her best album, with that said Prism is not bad but it's lacking a lot of songs fill like fillers.

Best Songs
    Legendary Lovers
    Dark horse
    International Smile
    This is how we Do
  35. Nov 8, 2013
    I love how the music in the album is delivered but failed to make an impression as an album. Prism is a good album for charting singles,it's mainstream and radio-friendly to all listener but as a whole album it failed to blend his ideas and concept. She said that the album will "darker" yet she failed to express it though, the songs sounds the same in a lot of factor. Still a good album toI love how the music in the album is delivered but failed to make an impression as an album. Prism is a good album for charting singles,it's mainstream and radio-friendly to all listener but as a whole album it failed to blend his ideas and concept. She said that the album will "darker" yet she failed to express it though, the songs sounds the same in a lot of factor. Still a good album to listen but not worth buying. Expand
  36. Nov 22, 2013
    Prism is certainly one of the best cds of the year. Shows a maturing due to the katy, and features songs with more quality. The only track that recalls the teenage dream is "Roar", but "Prism" is nonetheless one of the most mature cds katy already done. The best tracks are "Legendary Lovers," "This Moment" and "By the grace of god".
  37. Nov 8, 2013
    When I heard this album, there was nothing new from Katy Perry! The album is a mess! At least, Teenage Dream had a cooler theme....Same kind of vocals throughout the album! The album contained "OK" tracks! The worst album we got this year! Listening to the album, I have come to the conclusion that Katy Perry is definitely not an album artist! She's just a singles artist who only releasesWhen I heard this album, there was nothing new from Katy Perry! The album is a mess! At least, Teenage Dream had a cooler theme....Same kind of vocals throughout the album! The album contained "OK" tracks! The worst album we got this year! Listening to the album, I have come to the conclusion that Katy Perry is definitely not an album artist! She's just a singles artist who only releases singles which go and top the charts! I would also like to state that the album is filler-packed! I WARN YOU NOT TO BUT THIS ALBUM! Expand
  38. Nov 12, 2013
    I just can say that Prism is one of the most bored albums that I have listened. I just can say that the only song that I like is Legendary Lovers. I can't understand how successful Roar has been. Is a simply and childish song... Mi rate: 1
  39. Nov 14, 2013
    It is too boring from the start to the end... Not interesting at all. She should leave songwriting to people who know how to do it, and do what she was always doing.
  40. Sep 18, 2014
    The most uninspired record I've ever heard. It sounds like it was made in 30 minutes. Everything is calculated to appeal to the younger generation, all the songs are full of clichés and aimed at sales only. Awful. Music at its worst.
  41. Aug 21, 2015
    Basic, formulaic and the vocals will hurt your ears. Katy stitches together the same cloth 16 different ways on this album to make it's tracks. Such a downgrade from Teenage Dream, which was at least full of bops.
  42. Feb 4, 2015
    That sounds so good! Katy sounds more mature, with incredible lyrics and beats! The Katy Perry musical's evolution scared me, not to candy and comemrcial but not so scared like One Of the Boys, Katy found her way! I love Legendary Lovers and this album desurve a 10.
  43. Mar 4, 2015
    Less trashy than the sugary (diabetic) Teenage Dream, but somewhat discontinuous. It's quite enjoyable as a pop album, but it still gets annoying due to Perry's often awful voice, especially in Birthday, the worst song on Prism. Deluxe tracks are inconsistent and forgettable, while some tracks like 'Double Rainbow' and 'Ghost' are kinda underrated and misunderstood. Legendary Lovers is aLess trashy than the sugary (diabetic) Teenage Dream, but somewhat discontinuous. It's quite enjoyable as a pop album, but it still gets annoying due to Perry's often awful voice, especially in Birthday, the worst song on Prism. Deluxe tracks are inconsistent and forgettable, while some tracks like 'Double Rainbow' and 'Ghost' are kinda underrated and misunderstood. Legendary Lovers is a successful experiment bringing oriental atmosphere in a occidental music, which barely manages to adapt itself with an "international smile".

The most surprising thing is that here sex isn't a lyrical object, unlike Bangerz, ARTPOP, and above all, unlike Teenage Dream.

It's very good as a pop album, but it's still too much impregnated with false forced feelings of happiness and hope.
  44. Nov 4, 2013
    There are standout tracks like Legendary Lovers, Walking on Air and Dark Horse. I feel like the second half of the album is full of fillers. Some songs are not memorable at all.
  45. Nov 7, 2013
    All in all it´s really….ummmm disappointing.
    All in all it´s really….ummmm disappointing.
    I´m not really bias or anything, I expected a lot more to Katy Perry after the uber successful Teenage dream…but no. Katy said that the album would be darker, which is good a change of pace but after the release of Prism, rather making me think how dark and eerie Katy Perry made this album (except the dark horse part where it was like a darker part of Katy Perry) it made me think of how similar this album to her past works….for example Birthday, it is like aTeenage dream single #3, This is how we do…the continuation
    of T.G.I.F, International Smile catchy but it´s like a part of `One of the Boys´. And the ballads, The Grace of God is something between great and good going to her roots I really like it, but unconditionally, the lyrics are
    kind of good but the sound of Katy Perry…it could be more climatic if only Mariah Carey or Christina Aguilera had that song, when Katy Perry sang that song I got a feeling that I couldn´t feel the climax of the song near at the end and in the chorus. Walking on Air, I really like it, fit for the dance floor yet very contemporary-ish. If I will be judging the album over all it would be 35 or 40 over 100 because some of the song dragged it down hard, but if I will be judging on the singles with the help of her team I guess it could be successful to younger audiences.
  46. Nov 9, 2013
    Its disappointed me! Its not fresh,unique!!! i dont think if this album not make by the name "Katy Perry" will have people buy it.... And this Album is not Katy Perry at all!!! The only reason i can think of y this album can be on top just because its by "Katy Perry"! DISAPPOINTED
  47. Nov 8, 2013
    This is album is not bad, but it doesn't bring something special and interesting, It's just like what she used to do, Music for teenagers, I'm not a teenager sorry.
    It would be more interesting if she tried to work with new producers, and try to bring something new, when I hear the album in full I just feel the previous one
  48. Nov 13, 2013
    A very boring Album. No surprises, no style. Katy didn't gave us somethig new to listing. Just more of the same ever. The only track that maybe can save the album is "Dark Horse", even through it isn't enough. Not this time Katy, keep trying to make a nice album... who knows in the next year.
  49. Nov 12, 2013
    this album is BORING as She said that her new album will be "dark and mature", and all I can hear is all Teenage Dream's sound and Roar is the only one can standout in this album
  50. Nov 14, 2013
    As a Katycat I was highly disappointed with Katy's new album. I thought it was going to be her dark era yet she comes out with this "spread the light" nonsense. To top it all off, 'Walking On Air' (aka the best song on the album) was released as a promo single
  51. Aug 28, 2014
    One of the worst albums my ears has had the displeasure of hearing. This album is horrific, bland, uninspired, cliche as **** & is step back from the other albums (though to be fair her earlier work sucks too). Don't buy this pile of feces.
  52. Oct 22, 2013
    This is a very good sequel to Teenage Dream. Katy experiments on new genres on this album and I truly admire the diversity that she offers on her new opus. Bravo Katy and I'm excited for your future work!
  53. Oct 22, 2013
    When we talked about Katy Perry we imagine the "Californa Gurl" who lives her Teenage Dream, but now Katy is just a girl trying to find her own new style in music. PRISM is not her best album and she knows she can do better things.
  54. Nov 7, 2013
    I like just ROAR its very good and catchy but other songs OMG Katy and Prism is soooooo floppy and BASICK as B**ch. Katy is like butterfly without wings And Katy can not sing live Its ridiculous
  55. Nov 7, 2013
    the same as always, Katy does not change, afraid! the same as always, Katy does not change, afraid! the same as always, Katy does not change, afraid!!!
  56. Nov 12, 2013
    They all sound the same. Where is her diversity? She is always so safe with her music choices. The expectation didn't live up to the hype. Sure she has an okay singing voice but with all the ballads and slow tempo songs, it's basically the same song interpreted in 15 different ways. BEYOND disappointed.
  57. Nov 12, 2013
    i don't know why, but listening to this makes me angry1 it''s boring and so many ballads, i was over it after 4 songs! such a let down, this is lame as hell! waited for her to better herself but she just sucks even more now!
  58. Sep 3, 2014
    Really boring. The only good thing I found on this album is Walking on Air.
    Perry is far from be a true artist. We all know that her voice sucks, and when she tries to hold a note her music becomes unbearable.
    Really boring. The only good thing I found on this album is Walking on Air.
    Her lyrics are pretty basic, it seems I'm reading a text for self-improvement. I don't need to hear from Perry that "I have the eye of the tiger"... or that "I am a champion". I do not think anyone needs to hear it from Perry.
  59. Oct 23, 2013
    overall, this isn't her best album. it's a very tiring record, it basically sounds like one mediocre song, and for on of the main pioneers of pop this just doesn't do. there are a few standout tracks though: dark horse, birthday and walking on air are the main highlights of a soulless dreading listen.
  60. Nov 8, 2013
    A album made of fillers and boring songs, one extention of teenage dream and her terrible first album One of the boys. Forgot Dr. Luke & Max Martin Perry
  61. Nov 11, 2013
    It's an improvement from her previous albums, but i'm not sure about this record. Despite features ready-for-number-one songs, others aren't like this. Listen to the whole album, you can hear the catchy bop "Roar" but at same time you can hear some "adult" ballads. Seems like she still don't know if stay in the beach with the ''California Gurls" or if she can already move on and turn intoIt's an improvement from her previous albums, but i'm not sure about this record. Despite features ready-for-number-one songs, others aren't like this. Listen to the whole album, you can hear the catchy bop "Roar" but at same time you can hear some "adult" ballads. Seems like she still don't know if stay in the beach with the ''California Gurls" or if she can already move on and turn into a complete mature artist. Maybe next time, Katy. Expand
  62. Nov 14, 2013
    Not a step up from Teenage Dream at all most of the songs sound like its generic left overs.The second half of the album is better than the first.Katy has all these creative producers and this is all they could come up with? There are some good tracks Spiritual, It Takes Two, Legendary Lovers and Ghost. One of the Boys still remains Katy's best and most mature albums to date.
  63. Nov 14, 2013
    This album is really boring and completely forgettable, I'm very dissapointed because Teenage Dreams was a good album and now she is trying to repeat each song, Birthday California Gurls, Unconditionally Wide Awake And Roar is a Brave ripoff.
  64. Dec 3, 2013
    lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash lol trash
  65. Dec 21, 2013
    What is this? I mean, what she tried to do? Had she tried to break away from it all one day she ever done? She wasnt so different from Teenage Dream, except the part that Prism has a lot of boring musics! Katy, I dont hear you roar.
  66. Mar 22, 2014
    While being her career best, PRISM is only a tad bit more mature than her previous albums, and ends up sounding less inspired, mostly due to the overwhelming amount of useless ballads. The album drags on superfluously, and is hardly memorable at all. Obviously this album (and all of its songs) will wipe out the Billboard Hot 100 and Billboard 200, as this album seems to be perfectly cutWhile being her career best, PRISM is only a tad bit more mature than her previous albums, and ends up sounding less inspired, mostly due to the overwhelming amount of useless ballads. The album drags on superfluously, and is hardly memorable at all. Obviously this album (and all of its songs) will wipe out the Billboard Hot 100 and Billboard 200, as this album seems to be perfectly cut out for that sole objective.
    Well played, Perry.
    Especially after (barely putting up with) listening to it again, PRISM sounds dated, boring, and just flat-out awful.

Best Songs- Walking On Air, Legendary Lovers, Ghost
    Worst- Dark Horse, Roar, Birthday, ALL OF THE BALLADS
  67. Oct 2, 2014
    TERRIBLE GENERIC MESS A WOMEN WITH NO REAL TALENT.

If you like Katy perry you have no taste in music you are easily fooled by this marketing gimmick.

She will flop harder then lady gaga ever did....it's only a matter of time. while gaga will be around for years.
  68. Sep 26, 2014
    I used to like her music. It is quite upsetting knowing she made these songs for the charts. She needs to be more fearless and "roar" with something better.
  69. Dec 16, 2013
    Amazing !

This Album is just awesome
    much ballad, very cheerful music
    songs of self control and music to make it clear that you send.
    Congratulations katy.
    music highlights
  70. Dec 31, 2013
    PRISM is a pure pop. Good easy-to-listen songs with nice lyrics. Maybe there is less number of potential hits than in Teenage Dream, I see a progress in her artistic work. The best songs for me are: Birthday (so catchy!), Walking On Air (Sounds like in 90s! Yay!), Dark Horse (I haven't expected such song from Katy) and By the Grace of God.
  71. Jul 24, 2014
    It is quite good for a pop album. Katy's voice isn't really that good and can't hit any correct notes nor can it hit the highest tones (or lowest). But instead she uses this to her advantage by making her album one of the most human and most affecting pop albums of this decade. But the problem, this "human" feel is gone with tracks like "Birthday" and "International Smile". Tracks likeIt is quite good for a pop album. Katy's voice isn't really that good and can't hit any correct notes nor can it hit the highest tones (or lowest). But instead she uses this to her advantage by making her album one of the most human and most affecting pop albums of this decade. But the problem, this "human" feel is gone with tracks like "Birthday" and "International Smile". Tracks like those seem to fish for likes and fish for sell which is expected from a pop star. Besides from that, when the album reaches its metamorphosis into a beautiful butterfly, Katy reflects upon her struggles and her contemplating about life and suicide and love and death. Her songwriting is no longer laughable and the production is simply immaculate. "Ghost", "Love Me", "Double Rainbow" and "By the Grace of God" are a set of songs that set apart Katy from One Direction and Miley Cyrus. She might not be talented in singing, or songwriting, or dancing, but she has a talent to entertain. She entertains me in a melancholic way that she even makes me cry. Sadly, "Walking on Air" and "Dark Horse: prevent me from giving this album a glowing review. Definitely go buy this album. Expand
  72. May 5, 2014
    PRISM does not reveal to be a revolutionary moment indeed, though it may bring the causal listener some good surprises. Songs like Roar and Dark Horse could perfectly fit in ''Teenage Dream", but there are times in PRISM we face Perry making an effort to release more mature stuff or more sophisticated pop music. If you want to give a try, don't skip Legendary Lovers, By the Grace of GodPRISM does not reveal to be a revolutionary moment indeed, though it may bring the causal listener some good surprises. Songs like Roar and Dark Horse could perfectly fit in ''Teenage Dream", but there are times in PRISM we face Perry making an effort to release more mature stuff or more sophisticated pop music. If you want to give a try, don't skip Legendary Lovers, By the Grace of God and Spiritual. Expand
  73. Jun 13, 2014
    This album is perfect. MUCH BETTER THAN TRASHPOP BY LADY CRAPGA. Katy is a real artist that knows what we want to hear. I'm so glad that she made this perfect album!
  74. wuh
    Sep 23, 2014
    This album is so common, current and plane that will surely please the public. It is an ordinary album for ordinary people.
    Katy Perry abused to be the same as ever, without growing or propose as an artist: she is not an artist. She just wants to sell tracks as stupid as "Cause I am a champion and you're gonna hear me roar".
    Besides her vocals lacerate ears on tracks like Unconditionally.
  75. May 30, 2015
    this is the best perry album without a shadow of doubt, I found a smart move to split the album into 2 parts, commercial and emotional, unlike the other two, ONE OF THE BOYS is a confusing and horrible mixture of 2, the TEENAGE DREAM is entirely commercial, anyone who understands music can see that this is your best
  76. Mar 23, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This album is pure adrenaline, is fantastic; Katy did an excellent job with his 4 Studio album, this is one of the album's few that have captivated me Expand
  77. Aug 11, 2015
    This album is awesome, the best disco pop in milenium, the musics are very happy, make me dance, the mellody are sweet, Katy Perry sold this album a lot things, Katy perry is the best artist ever
  78. Aug 17, 2015
    Katy Perry gives us an album more mature album. The lyrics are the appropriate for a 30 years old artist like her. She made of this album something more personal. Different from "One of the Boys" and "Teenage Dream", we can find new kind os sounds in "PRISM" and see the evolution of Katy as artist, I recommend this album. There's still a long way for her to follow but she's going in a theKaty Perry gives us an album more mature album. The lyrics are the appropriate for a 30 years old artist like her. She made of this album something more personal. Different from "One of the Boys" and "Teenage Dream", we can find new kind os sounds in "PRISM" and see the evolution of Katy as artist, I recommend this album. There's still a long way for her to follow but she's going in a the right one. My favorite songs are 'Legendary Lovers', 'Walking on Air', 'Unconditionally', 'Double Rainbow' and 'It Takes Two'. Expand
  79. Oct 23, 2015
    This is a very bland album. Nothing stands out in any way and it seems like it's just a watered down version of something Lady Gaga would release. 0/10 if I could, don't waste your money.
  80. Oct 27, 2013
    Certainly no Teenage Dream...

Let's just get one thing straight Teenage Dream was quite something of an album. It actually told this relatable story that, though at it's core had all the obvious makings of a successful pop album, was enjoyable for many audiences. Though Prism, Perry's latest outing, packs some interesting material, it does not live up to it's predecessor in any way.
    Certainly no Teenage Dream...

From a sound standpoint, this is somewhat of an odd one. There are songs on here that are instant reminders of how the last album sounded, and how this one is nothing compared to it. But there are sounds within tracks here which feel so forced in order to keep up with the dynamic shift that the modern pop charts have undergone in the last twelve months. Sounds that sound like they were pulled right out of Daft Punks amazing Random Access Memories, and for some reason, vocals that could have been pulled straight off a Ke$ha album (God knows why though).

It's not like this album is bad, I'm sure it will find a broad audience to listeners of ones local pop stations and other venues, it just lacks the charm that Teenage Dream had, and carries more of a subdued, generic feel to it.
  81. Nov 14, 2013
    Katy Perry is doing the same thing. There's just a few good songs, but all of them sounds the same. Maybe she needs to try something new. This album sucks.
  82. Nov 15, 2013
    She really is bland. The most successful song "Rawr" could easily be confused for a Disney song super cheesy and annoying. If this album wins her any Grammys, they've lost all credibility to me.
  83. Nov 11, 2013
    All i have to say is: Worst album of the year she need to grow up
    stop with this teenage crap it's sounds like she's trying to be robyn
    all the record sounds the same.
  84. Nov 7, 2013
    The album is like Teenage Dream left over, nothing new or exciting only the same usual BMP and bland lyrics over old tracks. When you listen to Prism you would feel like the album was made for Disney movie for kids.

The album is just made-for-radio and charts I would be sad if I was Katy Perry hardcore fan because it seems that Katy is pleasing top 40 more than her fans who are supposedly the ones this album is for.
  85. Nov 7, 2013
    Esperava mais da Katy Perry! O Álbum não condiz aos seus countdowns! WOTA e DH são músicas ótimas e mostrou a versatilidade da cantora. Roar uma música sem muita pretensão e que teve um belo desemprenho. Fora isso o álbum está bem monotóno!
  86. Hoe
    Nov 16, 2013
    All songs sound like fillers. Not really much that stands out. Not even the lead single Roar was impressing. Many songs are good like Legendary Lovers and Unconditionally but they all sound the same. It isnt really diverse. It does have more lyrical meaning than Teenage Dream so props to that. I think many were disappointed by this album since we were expecting more.
  87. Sep 8, 2014
    PRISM é o album mais mediano de Katy Perry, A primeira metade é a melhor, todas as faixas são boas. Porém, depois da faixa 9, as faixas começam a decair e ficar cansativas, nem dá vontade de ouvir completo.
  88. Sep 23, 2014
    This is the worst of katy perry's albums, and wait it's wrong to say that this is her album, she didn't write nothing, she pay to have te song, by the way the album is very very boring, it seem a copy and paste to "her" past song
  89. Sep 24, 2014
    This is me most reductive album i ever heard, the songs should be used to torture someone and other thing, a singer who can't even sing? STOP THE WORLD NOW, I WANNA OUT.
  90. Jan 23, 2015
    Perfeição, apenas. A Katy Perry sempre faz um ótimo trabalho em seus álbuns. Porém, não tem como agradar todo mundo não é?! O álbum é ótimo, e quem sabe aproveitar a musica, sabe do que estou falando.
  91. Jan 25, 2015
    Katy Perry has come a long way. This is almost the raw emotion and fun of her life since her last album. Every song is either really personal or just fun. Her aim was just to do what she wanted to do and not win awards and be #1.
  92. Nov 11, 2013
    Had high hopes for this album but was actually very disappointed! It's very similar to the Katy of all other albums, and i think including some different sounds or even a slightly different theme would be useful to freshen things up and keep people interested! It's about time she stopped making music just to gain single chart success and make an album of good quality!
  93. Oct 22, 2013
    Katy has never promised that her new album is going to be a "dark album". Haters please shut your mouth and go read that interview. This is an amazing album. Unlike Teenage Dreams, songs in the album are not very catchy at the first time, but the more you listen, the more you love. For example, Ghost, Unconditionally, Love Me.
  94. Oct 28, 2013
    Katy Perry sheds her cotton candy scented look for for her fourth album "PRISM" (caps lock inspired by Lady Gaga). One may think she'd make a completely dark album given her divorce, but PRISM mainly focuses on the new man in her life and only offers a few 'darker' songs. I'd single out "Legendary Lovers" as the highlight of the album donning a subtle Easter inspiration, the song followsKaty Perry sheds her cotton candy scented look for for her fourth album "PRISM" (caps lock inspired by Lady Gaga). One may think she'd make a completely dark album given her divorce, but PRISM mainly focuses on the new man in her life and only offers a few 'darker' songs. I'd single out "Legendary Lovers" as the highlight of the album donning a subtle Easter inspiration, the song follows our tigress having sex or whatnot in the middle of a jungle. On the other hand, "This Is How We Do" and "International Smile" are god awful fillers. Overall, PRISM sounds fresh, strong and things-will-get-better-in-the-end Expand
  95. Nov 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Personally, out of 16 songs, I only enjoyed three. Katy is smart. I expected so much for this album. But to my disappointment, this one only contains filler and boring songs. It's just Teenage Dream One of the boys put together with a new title and some catchy songs to cover up gaps. I can sense this would flop. Expand
  96. Nov 14, 2013
    My personal, biggest disappointment this year, so far. I was expecting something huge with this album, she used to say the album would be something more mature and "Dark" so I was expecting complex lyrics with great production but instead we got basic lyrics and basic production. She plays "Safe" with her music, I don't see taking any risks in this album (maybe only a couple of tracks)My personal, biggest disappointment this year, so far. I was expecting something huge with this album, she used to say the album would be something more mature and "Dark" so I was expecting complex lyrics with great production but instead we got basic lyrics and basic production. She plays "Safe" with her music, I don't see taking any risks in this album (maybe only a couple of tracks) Some songs sound like a rejected part from "Teenage Dream". It has some good tracks, but maybe it's too long and only those few songs barely make you wake up. Expand
  97. Oct 23, 2013
    This is Katy Perry: fun, unpretentious and vulnerable. She's here to stay and that's definitely what PRISM conveys. A pop artist who has heart and is no longer hungry for attention-seeking antics which was so 2008. She has a lot to say and her fans will be glad that her message is catapulted to them in 16 new hooks that are sure to make you bop like crazy (Walking On Air, Dark Horse,This is Katy Perry: fun, unpretentious and vulnerable. She's here to stay and that's definitely what PRISM conveys. A pop artist who has heart and is no longer hungry for attention-seeking antics which was so 2008. She has a lot to say and her fans will be glad that her message is catapulted to them in 16 new hooks that are sure to make you bop like crazy (Walking On Air, Dark Horse, Birthday, International Smile, This Is How We Do) or allow you to reflect on oneself as you hear Katy's highs and lows. She's basically doing all the work for her listeners. She's gone through heartaches (Ghost, Choose Your Battles) and wants her fans going through the same to pick there selves up and become stronger (By The Grace Of God, Roar, This Moment), learn from one's mistakes and faults (It Takes Two, Love Me) and invest in life as a better person for oneself and for others, wholeheartedly (Unconditionally, Spiritual, Double Rainbow). Katy Perry, keep 'em coming. We're interested. Your fans are here to stay.
    Favorites from the album: Ghost, Love Me, By The Grace of God, Double Rainbow, It Takes Two, Roar
  98. Oct 29, 2013
    Katy always worked, without ashamed to show it's a Pop Star, 'Teenage Dream' is quite exciting, when you want to hear a good Pop, who does not think about him? On his new album, 'Prism', Perry seems to have the need to prove that we can present something different, when all we want is more Katy Perry, of course, that renew every job is always good, the error in 'Prism' is that it does not work.
  99. Nov 10, 2013
    Teenage Dream Prism
    Teenage Dream Prism
    I was expecting more from Katy Perry in this album. Roar was a mediocre pop song. (The only reason Roar is on my iPod is because it was free from Pepsi.) The rest of the songs are just plain and boring. Dark Horse is the best song on the album with Unconditionally in 2nd and Roar in 3rd. The rest are just bad. Dark Horse is the only song I bought on iTunes though. I hope future singles/albums from Katy are better or she's loosing a fan that she's had from the beginning.
  100. Nov 9, 2013
    A generic pop album by a bubblegum generic pop singer. Seriously, people, what's wrong with you? These stupid pop artists will NEVER stop making horrible music if you guys still buying their songs.

Everything that is missing from [Lady Gaga's Artpop] is here, but everything that is good about it is spectacularly absent from Prism.
  2. Q Magazine
    Nov 22, 2013
    Prism feels transitional, the work of an artist clever enough to be restless, yet unable to split from a winning formula. [Dec 2013, p.110]
  3. Nov 14, 2013
    It doesn’t require the patience or emotional/intellectual involvement that albums I typically listen to require. The cool thing, though, is that it does have quite a bit of redeeming value.