• Record Label: Sub Pop
8.4

Review this album

1. DW
    Sep 12, 2007
    Fans of their first record won't be disappointed, and that's saying quite a lot! "Thunder, Lightning Strike" was incredible, and "Proof Of Youth" compares very favorably. It's music that is both exciting and relaxing, modern yet retro. There's not a weak track on the album. even the 3 bonus songs are good. (The remix of "Grip Like A Vice" is unexceptional.) I Fans of their first record won't be disappointed, and that's saying quite a lot! "Thunder, Lightning Strike" was incredible, and "Proof Of Youth" compares very favorably. It's music that is both exciting and relaxing, modern yet retro. There's not a weak track on the album. even the 3 bonus songs are good. (The remix of "Grip Like A Vice" is unexceptional.) I wouldn't give a 10 rating if I didn't think it was deserved, but the more I thought about it, I just couldn't justify giving it a lower score! Best album of 2007 so far. Expand
  2. calebx
    Sep 11, 2007
    they're not reinventing the wheel here but damn this records a lot of fun.
  3. AndréP
    Sep 15, 2007
    album of the year
  4. LukeC
    Sep 16, 2007
    This album is simply immense. It starts where "Thunder, Lightning, Strike" left off - and in no way is that a bad thing. 'Keys To The City' is one of the most danceable songs I've heard in yonks and to all the people who say they haven't progressed, what do you want them to do? Throw in the kitchen sink? To be honest, they probably could and this would still be pretty This album is simply immense. It starts where "Thunder, Lightning, Strike" left off - and in no way is that a bad thing. 'Keys To The City' is one of the most danceable songs I've heard in yonks and to all the people who say they haven't progressed, what do you want them to do? Throw in the kitchen sink? To be honest, they probably could and this would still be pretty unbelivable. Collapse
  5. DanB.
    Sep 19, 2007
    Brilliant. This band is without peer or precedent.
  6. StephaneB.
    Sep 13, 2007
    The Go! Team make the best feel-good-get-up-and-move music around. So what if Proof of Youth isn't a radical departure from Thunder, Lightning, Strike? Kudos to the band to sticking to what they do best... making sounds that energize the body and soul!
  7. Chris
    Sep 17, 2007
    I can't help but moving when I listen to their music. Likewise, I can't help but smile at the same time. Just great fun music. Definitely in my top 10 this year.
  8. lemiwinkss.
    Sep 12, 2007
    the real deal, enjoy! - f vibe, hip hop is ded

1. Proof of Youth is a pretty spectacular continuation of some of the most exciting, innovative sounds around.
  2. The Go! Team's folluow-up is densely packed enough to make Phil Spector's Wall feel like a screen door. [Oct 2007, p.160]
  3. The Go! Team are clearly committed to the lo-fi, DIY aesthetic, but with songs as strong as these it’s rather a shame they didn’t apply a little depth and finesse to their production.