Psychic - Darkside
8.7

Review this album

1. Oct 22, 2013
    I enjoyed Nicolas Jaar's 2011 album, Space Is Only Noise. This release is even better. He is in top form here. A wonderful collaboration between Nicolas and guitarist Dave Harrington.
  2. Oct 9, 2013
    Really surprised this album isn't getting better reviews. Such a badass album that couldn't have been released at a better time of the year (Fall, Halloween). This has been on loop for me since it was made available.
  3. Oct 10, 2013
    The beauty of music is that You never know from where the real surprise shall come. I have always kinda respected Nicolas Jaar's creative powers but never really subscribed to his music. Now it is different. From very first listening through tenth and more now I am more and more sure that I deal with a masterpiece. I would call it a froward masterpiece in a sense it brings us to the possible future of electronica. Jaar shows how to bring a bridge between modern music technology and traditional instruments and ways of playing. The result is addictive. Interestingly, so called users (on different portals I visited) usually score this album better than critics. This is also a sign of change. Expand
  4. Oct 21, 2013
    Great collaboration between Nicolas Jaar and Dave Harrington. An album that let's you imagine what shape it should take, free for you to imagine whatever pleases you the most on this absolutely gorgeous sounds.
  5. Nov 16, 2013
    You know when an album starts with an 11 minute track, it will not be as accessible as any other album. I love the mix of electro and Rock, it sounds gorgeous! Very dark, down tempo and spacy. It is one of the best thing I've heard in any recent release.

1. Nov 5, 2013
    While some may find it a little self-indulgent, judged in its entirety the depth of sound and overall arrangement are nothing short of masterful.
  2. Oct 31, 2013
    The sound of Psychic is meticulous and luscious.
  3. Oct 28, 2013
    Psychic isn’t quite rock, but it does lean more heavily on backbeats, guitars, and occasionally even traditional song structure than any of Jaar’s previous work. The vocals are even clear at times.