6.6

Review this album

1. MaryH
    Nov 19, 2009
    I thoroughly enjoy this album. If you're looking for the blue album you won't find it with Raditude. I think people forget that bands learn and grow with each passing year just people do. So what if it's trying to be a "pop" album? This album exhibits their fantastic musicianship, as well as well thought musical composition. It's what I know, love and expect from a I thoroughly enjoy this album. If you're looking for the blue album you won't find it with Raditude. I think people forget that bands learn and grow with each passing year just people do. So what if it's trying to be a "pop" album? This album exhibits their fantastic musicianship, as well as well thought musical composition. It's what I know, love and expect from a Weezer Album! Expand
  2. ryanw
    Nov 4, 2009
    True It is not the Weezer, I still found the album very fun to listen to. Listen every band evolves and eventually strays away from the origin of their debut album. Blink-182, U2, The Beatles, all of these great bands have changed their sounds as they've grown up. We have all grown with them and should appreciate their work.
  3. BatesL
    Nov 4, 2009
    The final death of Pinkerton. I'm okay with that.
  4. trickman
    Nov 4, 2009
    Though not a fan Weezer, I could still get "hook up" by this album very quickly. My finger can't stop tapping, simply new and fresh.
  5. RenataA
    Dec 4, 2009
    It's a middle of the road Weezer album. However, since they're far superior to other bands, it's an overall great album. The lyrics are sort of silly but the melodies are great.
  6. BrentG
    Nov 17, 2009
    Like fine wine. Weezer Raditude is awesome! It takes a few listens to really appreciate the variety that is packe into this album. Previous albums were very good too, however had a pretty common sound. This is a fun album since you get to hear so many sound of Weezer with creative lyrics. I think raditude goes way beyond a simple crowd pleasing act of pop faith and really lays down a Like fine wine. Weezer Raditude is awesome! It takes a few listens to really appreciate the variety that is packe into this album. Previous albums were very good too, however had a pretty common sound. This is a fun album since you get to hear so many sound of Weezer with creative lyrics. I think raditude goes way beyond a simple crowd pleasing act of pop faith and really lays down a multi flavored sound. Expand
  7. Jess
    Nov 18, 2009
    Simply Awesome! So glad the guys are back to their old ways!
  8. RobertT
    Nov 6, 2009
    Great, great album. Best one since Maladroit in 2002 (Maladroit was also considered to be pretty generic and underwhelming upon release as well). I predict the reaction of Raditude will be like Maladroit where people will look back and consider it a great rock album, but not held to as high regard as Pinkerton (still their magnus opus).
  9. JoshuaD
    Nov 10, 2009
    "The Underdogs" is one of the best, most heartfelt and touchingly sung songs I have heard in quite a while. While I am not a music critic by any stretch of the imagination, I think that Weezer could have done a lot worse with this, but I am still impressed by their second album released within two years.
  10. SnuggieF
    Nov 17, 2009
    I think Rivers Cuomo is hot and sexy-I don't really care about the music. He could sing a song about a trash can and I would like it. Too bad he's married! Another good one that got away!
  11. FREDB
    Nov 17, 2009
    Great pop album ! Very good songs. I particularly like all the fun behind the words.
  12. weezer
    Nov 17, 2009
    Rivers Cuomo has discovered the Fountain of Youth and he's not ashamed of it either. Rather than rehash stale stuff from yesteryear, Weezer surges forward and displays an irreverent playfulness to go along with the catchy tunes. All those snobby Pitchforkers-can go stick it! Yes-" I Want You To!"
  13. SaraB
    Nov 18, 2009
    AMAZING music, as usual from Weezer!
  14. SteevinW
    Nov 18, 2009
    A: Everyone who is stupid enough to not get the messages of these songs should not be allowed to review it. B: With that said, Raditude is a great, rocking album. Whoever said Raditude will be looked back on in the same vein as Maladroit is right on.
  15. mschultz
    Nov 17, 2009
    Rad (period). This is a really fun album.
  16. HappyH
    Nov 17, 2009
    Weezer continues to experiment with new sounds and collaborations with others that can only intrigue. I can hear Beach Boys melodies and that can only be good as Rivers Cuomo explores his inner surfer. I wish all the elitist publications would ease up & be sincere: Weezer is having fun with it and so should you.
  17. gailp
    Nov 17, 2009
    I must confess: I am a major =W= fan and can say truthfully-Weezer can do no wrong in my eyes. I like the light-hearted aspect of Raditude, and think the new music will enjoy greater acceptance down the line. Plus who doesn't love that =W= Snuggie?
  18. ParadornS
    Nov 17, 2009
    Raditude is a unique exotic album. First time hearing will make you be quite shock if you like their previous albums. Because this work packed full of pop music to catch your fine ears. That's not the way the old Weezer works anyway but I very feel great after listing to it a few times.
  19. ChandlerB
    Nov 17, 2009
    Can't stop partying is epic.

1. Instead of trying to divine the line between earnest and ironic, Weezer fans should just sit back and enjoy what works here. And like every Weezer record, plenty does.
  2. The weird aftertaste of Raditude isn't that Cuomo has so surrendered the oddball charm of his band's first two albums, though. It's that his late-career pursuit of mindless, opulent fun is so transparent that it almost taps a deeper vein of interior sadness than anything on "Pinkerton."
  3. Given what we know about Cuomo’s eccentric inner world, it’s hard not to find those dazzlingly perfect melodies kind of hollow.