Ratatat

8.3

Review this album

1. Toby
    Jan 15, 2005
    A winding and energetic album that at first listen wants lyrics, but when it doesn't deliver, it's way more than okay.
  2. John
    Jan 20, 2005
    It's utterly fantastic. Songs like "17 Years" and "Epilohunk" have melodies to them that will haunt you for days, maybe weeks - and if you're lucky, months.
  3. MattyB
    Jul 8, 2005
    One of my favorite albums in years, beautiful guitars, and wonderful simplicity makes the songs vibes loud and clear If its not your thing it's not your thing, but suggesting that Ratatat add vocals is like suggesting that Jackson Pollock should try painting some landscapes, or still life.....its just dumb.
  4. KellyP
    Aug 19, 2005
    The best album I've ever heard...ever. It's a revelation, simply beautiful.
  5. LeonardoF
    Jan 13, 2005
    Fucking awful
  8. matthewl
    Mar 9, 2005
    The best album I have heard recently - actually tied with Daedelus's "Of Snowdonia:. It seems to be getting mixed reviews. This album is fresh, technologically innovative, extremely tasteful and precise. I think everybody should have one.
  9. ZamesFourty
    Jan 30, 2005
    Being a bag Daft Punk fan, I was able to overlook the repeating melodies and see the outright rockin'-nes of their songs.
  10. stoopblur
    Apr 7, 2005
    super awesome. much more original sound than one would be led to believe. electronica for people who like rock
  11. davidr.
    May 27, 2006
    Nice. So I guess it's 2006 and that's all we're getting from Ratatat.
  12. FinnJK
    Dec 25, 2006
    Instant love. I'm struggling not to give it a full ten. The main reason it doesn't max out is the chiptune'ish backdrop. I love the sound - but it's not generally compatible with a lot of people. So, I'll give it a 9, as it appeals to me, but not a whole lot of my friends...
  13. Jun 9, 2016
    Groundbreaking, crisp, it is an introduction to electrorock, with a guitar that will be forever associated with Ratatat.
    Highlight: El Pico, Lapland...

1. Urb
    Certainly a nice full-length, though it would be interesting to see what a vocalist could add to their formula . [Jun 2004, p.86]
  2. Things immediately slow down on the second song and stay subdued throughout most of the album. Once I realized that the rest of the songs weren't going to be as blazing as "Seventeen Years," I was able to enjoy it much more.
  3. The end result is a sugar-high of electronic keyboard and guitars reaching glam-rock heights and booty shaking lows, all based around very simple, classical ideas of song-structure.