Rated R - Rihanna
7.8

Review this album

1. Aug 29, 2010
    An amazing album that shows Rihanna's dark side and a lots of provocative (Rude Boy, Rockstar 101, Hard) and those lyrics who describe her relationship with Chris Brown (Russian Roulette, Fire Bomb, Stupid In Love, Cold Case Love). With Rude Boy she got back to the bright Rihanna, unlike the whole trying to be a hard chick. On this record she fused various numbers of genres like pop, r'n'b, dub-step (Rockstar 101, Mad House, Wait Your Turn),mix of modern sound and dance hall in worldwide hit Rude Boy and she even tried to get more edgy and rock sound in Rockstar with Slash and in Fire Bomb.
    Although the used a lots of auto tune in Rude Boy, Photographs, Fire Bomb, Rockstar, Hard and even in her beautiful ballad Cold Case Love we could see her amazing vocal abilities.
    Again Rihanna proofed that she's a R&B Diva and shared with fans her painfull story.
  2. Nov 21, 2011
    This album is a work of art. None of her albums were able to beat this one. Loud was a commercial album, made just for selling. Not that I don't like it, but it's true. Talk That Talk is an amazing album, but Rated R still reigns.
  3. Nov 1, 2012
    Rihanna's best work ever. Although it wasn't such a success in sales and the public would rather go hear "Loud" or "Talk That Talk", Fenty proves that she can belt out ballads anytime she wants.
  4. May 23, 2011
    It seems Pops most innovative stars create music during times of turmoil and struggle. Rated R is the soulful and heartbreaking version of Britney Spears' sexed up Blackout. Both Albums are to this day the best albums I have ever bought.
  5. Nov 1, 2010
    Rihanna's best album by far. Rated R exhibits Rihanna's dark side after the harsh reality of her abuse. Songs like "Wait Your Turn" "Hard" and "Rude Boy" have the pop beats and lyrics that her former albums had, but Rated R has a different side. "Cold Case Love" is a dark song about a strong, and forceful love that relates to her relationship with Chris Brown....Check this album out
  6. Oct 6, 2010
    Rated R is a masterpiece, that marks our century with beautiful ballads, fierce lyrics and sassy spirit.
    Rihanna has done it again, she has introduced a new style to her music that was missing in her previous album, yet maintaining her image as a Daring Diva whos willing to try new sounds.

Love it!
  7. Nov 6, 2010
    If you are a fan of true pop, you'll love the album. Rihanna delivers some beautiful ballads and also catchy songs that will be stuck in your head. Her best album so far.
  8. Nov 14, 2010
    Best album. Great catchy songs keep 'em coming! I love the songs rude boy, hard and rockstar!!!!!!!! I can't wait for the new album LOUD I already love the song what's my name from that album.
  9. Nov 26, 2010
    Rated R is the best, most fascinating and artistic album of Rihanna. Before, I found Rihanna as trying too hard to be edgy in the album but all of her songs are good and coherent. The theme of revenge, dark, and being betrayed is present in all tracks. For me, the album doesn't care the chart performance because it is not appealing to the audience.
  10. Nov 21, 2011
    This album is simply amazing. I LOVE how she can go extra low with her voice. I love the mood of this album. Makes you feel pretty badass. Personally, i like stupid in love the best. I think this is her best album. Better than LOUD and Talk That Talk to me.
  11. Jun 2, 2011
    Finally revealing the edginess we've long hoped for, here is the Barbadian pop star's most creative effort and she needn't it be radio-friendly to be a success. Her own Velvet Rope and vengeful masterpiece.
  12. DMB
    Dec 14, 2011
    One of the best pop albums of all time! I wasn't really a fan of Rihanna until I listened to this album.
    Absolutely Flawless.
  13. Apr 30, 2012
    Simply perfect. Rihanna got through their emotions with sincerity after previous events, which gave the album a personal touch and can be seen from afar as his best.
  14. Aug 1, 2012
    Every song is amazing. Vocals, songwriting and production all impressed me.
    Fire Bomb is incredible. Many different types of dark sounds were incorporated, even in the grimy hip-hop/pop -type songs, like the chilling production of G4L.
  15. Oct 24, 2012
    Still her best and most highest quality album. Rated R got something special and stands out from her other albums. Maybe, troubles in her life in those times made this work great. My score is addressed not only to the album, but to this era and image too. Rated R is good from opener to the end. Every song isn't useless and every song is enjoyable and listenable, containing difference to one another and got some interesting processing. 'Mad House' is steamy, 'Hard' & 'Rockstar 101' are agressive, 'Wait Your Turn' & 'G4L' are uprising, 'Russian Roulette' & 'Te Amo' are soft, 'Rude Boy' & 'Cold Case Love' are rhythmic, and final song is like a freedom from darkness of the album. But not looking for this diversity, the whole album sounds integral. This is a case how a brief rock'n'roll influence and dubstep/electronic elements can make sound pop music worth. Expand
  16. Nov 19, 2012
    One of the four of Rihanna's best albums. All the songs are awesome and flow as a story based on the assault attack that Brown made on Rihanna. Rated R
  17. Jul 6, 2013
    "Rated R" shows us two different sides of Rihanna and two different ways of getting along with the past: first one shows us a fragile girl who can't deal with the trouble (vulnerable, beautiful ballads like "Russian Roulette", "Cold Case Love"), the second one shows us a dubstep and hip hop diva who can deal with the problems using guns, army ("better yet Navy") and tongue-in-cheek language (big, impressive songs like "Hard" or "G4L"). Although those to parts of the CD are completely different together they make a compact album. Some of my favourite songs (excluding 4 that I mentioned before) are: raggamuffin sassy single "Rude Boy", loud and dubsteppy "Wait Your Turn", Latin influenced "Te Amo" and powerful ballad telling us about the power of love "Fire Bomb". Well done Rihanna, well done!

18. Aug 30, 2013
    Brooding with raw emotion and boasting as the only album to have Rihanna serve as a co-writer for the entire track listing, and to serve as an executive producer. To date the most personal and cohesive album in her career.
  19. Nov 1, 2013
    Definetely, HER BEST ALBUM, palpable emotions as always in her case. However, here after battery by our awesome Chris Brown even more noticeable. This album incorporates psycho themes and I like it so much!!! "The Mad House" is my favourite intro ever. "Hard" is my personal anthem and "Fire Bomb" makes me feel like I am not the only one with my maybe a little naive but romantic soul. Such a warm song! Expand
  20. Nov 6, 2013
    Her most darkness album. I love it. Its so... intense! The song "Cold Case Love" touch your soul, definitely... And "Rude Boy" sneaks a bit of context, but it's a different song, and still good.
  21. Dec 6, 2013
    Rihanna's best album so far with great songs that all stand out individually. The standout tracks have to be 'Photographs' and 'Russian Roulette' with the letdown being 'Te Amo' but I still like that song but not as much in contrast with the others. But considering that by averaging out the 13 songs scores I got 8.62 it shows that this album is actually pretty good.

1. Jun 24, 2011
    You are way, way better off not projecting any kind of emotional subtext onto this record.
  2. What works as therapeutic psychodrama for the singer doesn't always work quite as well as pop music, which, from the shiny surfaces, it's clear everyone here is still striving for.
  3. Nothing else on the album can top 'Russian Roulette,' but they certainly complement it, and make its startling conclusion feel sadly inevitable.