Rated R - Rihanna
7.8

Review this album

1. Aug 20, 2011
    After the 'Good Girl Gone Bad' era, I was expecting a huge record from Rihanna. Rated R was a letdown. The ballads are sappy and seemed to be pulled from Celine Dions reject pile. Not good at all.
  2. Sep 14, 2011
    'Rated R' is a letdown from GGGB. There is too much filler and it sounds like she's trying to hard to convey the "dark" pop star role. However, she's at her best in the Caribbean inspired 'Rude Boy'
  3. Jul 7, 2011
    Aside from a couple songs, this is pretty boring with songs like Stupid In Love, Rockstar 101, Wait Your Turn. Not her best. My favorite is Te Amo & Firebomb
  4. Nov 21, 2010
    "Very boring - you've heard it all before. Nothing catchy and undeniable. Strange, but the only good songs, "Fire Bomb" and "The Last Song", are both produced by Brian Kennedy and are both pop-sad. Probably because sadness is the same for sweet girl Rihanna and her Rated R version." completely agree with you
  5. Aug 19, 2011
    Not a good album at all. I only like 1 song, which is 'Rude Boy' I'm a Rih fan, but no there are no hits on this... I prefer LOUD though. Songs like Stupid In Love, Photographs and the other slow songs are a borefest.
  6. Sep 14, 2011
    'Rated R' could of been good. It's just very boring and no excitement that I expected it would be... Her vocals have improved though, but more work is needed.
  7. Nov 19, 2011
    Boring album with sappy ballads. Rihanna is not able to evoke the emotions that is required for some of the songs, instead it comes off as sappy and bland.
  8. Aug 14, 2013
    I was a little disappointed, since "Good Girl Gone Bad" was so good, or because this was a bad Rihanna CD. This is where she ultimately goes from the girl who sings "Pon De Replay" to dropping the F bomb all over.

1. Jun 24, 2011
    You are way, way better off not projecting any kind of emotional subtext onto this record.
  2. What works as therapeutic psychodrama for the singer doesn't always work quite as well as pop music, which, from the shiny surfaces, it's clear everyone here is still striving for.
  3. Nothing else on the album can top 'Russian Roulette,' but they certainly complement it, and make its startling conclusion feel sadly inevitable.