• Record Label: Sony
8.4

Review this album

1. HowardP
    Sep 24, 2003
    Terrific! Brought the album with me on a trip to Middle East and have been humming songs from it for past 2 weeks. I haven't done that to Bowie for a few years! Can't wait for the SACD surround version in October! WooHoo!
  2. KylarL
    Oct 27, 2006
    Finally a return. This most definitely is his best work since Let's Dance. Let's hope for more along this quality.
  3. AnneC
    Oct 9, 2003
    I agree with Q's "his best since Scary Monsters," even though they've said that about EVERY album he's put out since the mid-90s (which are also worth checking out). I listened to it about 5 times back-to-back on a car trip and, instead of going insane and chucking it out of the car, I only wanted to listen to it more. Very catchy; David really seems connected to his music I agree with Q's "his best since Scary Monsters," even though they've said that about EVERY album he's put out since the mid-90s (which are also worth checking out). I listened to it about 5 times back-to-back on a car trip and, instead of going insane and chucking it out of the car, I only wanted to listen to it more. Very catchy; David really seems connected to his music and gives a strong vocal performance. The only complaints I have are that the production for "Try Some, Buy Some" is a bit too much (maybe sparser synths would have worked better) and about the cover (I get the idea of making it appear as unrealistic as possible, but it still sucks). Get the special edition if you can; the bonus material is actually worth paying the extra money for. Collapse
  4. LodiJ
    Sep 19, 2003
    Everyone is freakin nuts, they judge bowie way too hard. All his 90's albums were great, and this one really kicks ass as well!
  5. michaelz
    Sep 25, 2003
    I'm a huge Bowie fan, but it usually takes about 6 months for me to fall in love with on of his cds. I don't know why. Anyways, all I need to say about the new cd Reality is that I've had it for 5 days and I'm already in love with it. I wasn't at first, but after finding my self listening to Reality endlessly with only breaks to listen to Station To Station and I'm a huge Bowie fan, but it usually takes about 6 months for me to fall in love with on of his cds. I don't know why. Anyways, all I need to say about the new cd Reality is that I've had it for 5 days and I'm already in love with it. I wasn't at first, but after finding my self listening to Reality endlessly with only breaks to listen to Station To Station and Heathen and Earthling and . . . Ha, I've been very Bowie-core lately . . . I'm already in love with Reality. The flow of the songs is great, and even Pablo Picasso (which I hated at first) grow on you. A return to form . . . blow that out your ass, he's been in top form since 1.Outside, and this is another brilliant album in an incredible cannon. t Expand
  6. NseE
    Dec 14, 2003
    Very good cd which just gets better with each spin. Standouts include 'New killer star' (which is a killer), 'Pablo Picasso' 9Great guitar finale), 'Never grow old', 'Looking for water', 'Days' and 'Bring me the disco king' which has a jazzy feel and reminds me of 'Wild is the wind'. Fab outing from the thin white duke.
  7. MarcP
    Sep 17, 2003
    awesome again... different from heathen in a very nice way... buy it now
  8. WenM
    As always, Bowie's music and enthusiam is overwhelming. A GREAT album
  9. DarrylG
    Sep 22, 2003
    Sweet God in Heaven this Star is a Killer. Praise all who not only think of what could have been but rather what is ...and those who dwell in the day still to come. Bowie will rock me from my cradle to my grave!
  10. QBrick
    Sep 25, 2003
    More energetic and more rough than Heathen, Bowie more and more gets in contact with own self again.
  11. FourSkin
    Oct 31, 2004
    I bought the version with the DVD. It works as well live as does in the studio. So much for the layering. His band is fantastic. I always like Bowie music best when its got a kickarse bass played by a kickarse bass player.
  12. AmandaM
    Apr 29, 2004
    This is one of those albums you really have to live with for you to realize just how brilliant, textured, nuanced, and hard-rocking it really is. I've been a Bowie fan for over 20 years now, and some of his albums are tougher than others. "Outside" "hours" and even "Heathen" never really did it for me. But "Reality" has made all those other efforts worth it. For the past few years This is one of those albums you really have to live with for you to realize just how brilliant, textured, nuanced, and hard-rocking it really is. I've been a Bowie fan for over 20 years now, and some of his albums are tougher than others. "Outside" "hours" and even "Heathen" never really did it for me. But "Reality" has made all those other efforts worth it. For the past few years he's been searching, God love 'im, developing his current band, and this fabulous album is the result. Finally, if you haven't seen Bowie in concert, you MUST make the trip on his current North American swing -- the man is just a God on stage -- you won't believe how good he is. Expand
  13. TaraTrue
    Sep 17, 2003
    You Must Listen to His Songs More Than ONCE...You must be intelligent to get his music. Not everyone will get it..not everyone has...He is unique and that is why we LOVE him. I like this Album more than Heathen. The more I listen...the more I will appreciate it just like Ive been doing for 32 years.
  14. RodP
    Sep 19, 2003
    Excellent songs with a rawer edge than the past couple of albums (Heathen & Hours).
  15. TrevorG
    Sep 19, 2003
    A fantastic example of why David Bowie is the worlds most important & influential recording artist. Totally amazing........... zoki p (Rating 1???) don't worry there's alway's the best of Boyz Zone.
  16. PedroM
    Sep 21, 2003
    I think this is one of the best Bowie's albuns of the past 10 years. Great songs: New Killer Star, Never Get Old, She'll Drive the Big Car.
  17. Jules
    Sep 21, 2003
    Great stuff - finally the duke stops trying so hard. His nineties albums had their moments, after all the man's a genius, but it was painful to hear these often labored works, all running too hard from the terrible ghosts of his eighties albums. Every song here is spanking fresh - back in the groove at 56!
  18. WarrenM
    Sep 23, 2003
    Once again, Bowie is in a league of his own. Instantly accessible without rehashing past glories, he continues to make art his way. Having come to grips with his age on "...hours", Bowie surprised us with "Heathen" and continues to awe with "Reality." This should make those who slagged him off in the 90s re-evaluate his post-"Sound+Vision" body of work.
  19. Dec 23, 2014
    O Melhor Desde Hours... 1999.
    Um Álbum Excelente.
    Começa Com O Rock New Killer Star Seguindo O Mesmo Padrão Com Pablo Picasso Never Get Old E Reality A Faixa Título
    É A Cara De Bowie A Balada Melancólica The Loneliest Guy,Days,Bring Me Disco King.
    E O Rock Melancólico Tipico De Bowie Looking For Water,She'll Drive The Big Car,Fall Dog Bombs The Moon
    Ótimo Disco
  20. May 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. O Melhor Desde Earthling 1997.
    Um Album Completamente Ótimo.
    Começa Com A Ópera De Rock New Killer Star Seguindo O Mesmo Padrão Com Pablo Picasso Never Get Old E Reality A Faixa Título
    E O Rock Melancólico Tipico De Bowie Looking For Water,She'll Drive The Big Car
    Ótimo Disco

1. Reality is easily one of his most emotionally transparent albums.
  2. It's the sound of a man who's worked out how to be good again, who finally understands his own strengths and limitations.
  3. It's a little artier than Heathen, but similar in its feel and just as satisfying.