Reanimation

7.1

Review this album

1. JamesT
    Jul 6, 2008
    Great Album! Like a new album!
    Aug 14, 2002
    This vote is not for Reanimation; it is for Hybrid Theory, since both CDs are pretty much the same. Anyway, Hybrid Theory, I think, is one of the best albums of the year. Almost every song on Hybrid Theory is one that I like, something I can't say for any other album outside of Creed's "Weathered." Excellent CD (meaning Hybrid Theory). Buy it immediately.
  3. MichaelH
    May 9, 2003
    This was not that good of a cd that is why I gave it the 9. I gave such a good number, becase they are the best band ever and will all ways be the best band.
  4. MistyP.
    Aug 1, 2002
    Almost all of the songs have been improved. The only problems I have with this album are that they cut out some good parts of some songs, they rewrote some good lyrics, and I can't stand the piano in H! Vltg3. Other than that, this is a very moving and interesting CD.
  5. JakeK.
    Aug 14, 2002
    i like en e enth the most
  6. AnnS
    Jul 1, 2004
    This cd is excellent!!
  7. JustinT.
    Aug 10, 2002
    I was suprised by how much i enjoyed this album.True its not as good as Hybrid Theory.But its still a very good album that i would recomend to anyone who is a linkin park fan.
  8. GRosCul
    Aug 6, 2002
    Wow
  9. LisaM
    Jan 3, 2003
    I really liked this CD, i thought it was well done. It was a project that they did for themselves, as something fun to do and they've always wanted to do something like this. A lot of people have been saying that they're just in it for the money -- they're not. Linkin Park is probably the band that cares the most about their fans. It's a great CD, almost as good as I really liked this CD, i thought it was well done. It was a project that they did for themselves, as something fun to do and they've always wanted to do something like this. A lot of people have been saying that they're just in it for the money -- they're not. Linkin Park is probably the band that cares the most about their fans. It's a great CD, almost as good as Hybrid Theory, and its got some more, unreleased songs on it. Expand
  10. Huvie
    May 7, 2003
    This cd wasn't that good, i had to give it a ten they are the greates band ever how could I not give them a Ten. Just because they put out a bad cd doesn't mean I am going to stop liking them. Be faithful to them. And they will be good always.
  11. DerekM
    Jul 8, 2004
    i liked the album. it really wasnt that much greater then HT though...but remixes are cool. Just one sugestion...if LP remixed the songs themselves instead of getting other ppl to do it then i wouldve gave them a 10. Peace Out! -Pudls ;)
  12. SimonoD
    Jan 5, 2005
    this record kicks ass, i think this is their second best album after Hybrid Theory. Lp Rules!
  13. mg
    May 4, 2006
    Absolutly awsome!!
  14. Thelistener
    Jul 8, 2006
    A production master piece, all you who think its crap, obviously didn't listen to it properly, or maybe you're deaf. To see them trying to break boundaries and put there reputation on the line is impressive. But if your narrow minded enough to only appreciate one style of music then you wont like it.
  15. Joedirrtt
    Jul 31, 2002
    great cd, gotta get it
  16. DannyG.
    Aug 1, 2002
    This Album is Awsome. All the songs on this cd are awsome the next cd is going to be awsome can't wait for that Album.
  17. SatchmoA
    Jul 9, 2004
    This album is utterly spetacualr... Almost 100 different artist join together, to form a new genre of perfection. Rap, Hip-Hop, Alternitave and more than you could hope for. From Mike's melodic rapping, to Chester's raging vocals of pure insanity, the whole album is Top-Shelf goodness. And I come to conclude that this album is a must have for anyone who likes "music". And Yes This album is utterly spetacualr... Almost 100 different artist join together, to form a new genre of perfection. Rap, Hip-Hop, Alternitave and more than you could hope for. From Mike's melodic rapping, to Chester's raging vocals of pure insanity, the whole album is Top-Shelf goodness. And I come to conclude that this album is a must have for anyone who likes "music". And Yes MATT P, You SHOULD try your mother on a plate, just like CHRIS B had told you to. Well matt you did that even before chris's excellent advice eh? Expand
  18. paulv
    Nov 3, 2005
    Thiz is a great album to bop your head to!!
  19. Cai
    Apr 30, 2005
    Pretty damned impressive, better than the original in many ways; less repetitive and formulaic, more coherant and ultimately more appealing. Now we need a retake of Meteora.
  20. TheKilla
    Aug 29, 2005
    the best remix album i've ever heard, the songs truly live up to the originals. this album is must have for any LP or rock fan.
  21. Dave
    Sep 11, 2006
    As the Listener states well Linkin Park stepped out into the unknown in this album. They have my full respect for such a move. What an awesome album that came from it too, full of emotion and great music. 10/10
  22. Gavin
    Nov 20, 2007
    Loved this when it came out most tracks on here worked better than the originals specially Krawlin (or how ever its spelt on the track) other favioutes include My{Dsmbr and In Te En. Overall nice album i still listen to it to this day.
  23. KivK
    Mar 17, 2007
    best cd ever
  24. WesleyH
    Jul 6, 2008
    Well, i think this is one of the most different remix albums that I see...All the time we see the connections of the songs.
  25. SamC.
    Aug 16, 2002
    brilliant. enough said
  26. Megan
    Aug 23, 2002
    Words cannot describe how much i love Reanimation...but numbers can. I'd give it an 11 if i could.
  27. AnthonyL.E
    Aug 23, 2002
    is this album worth getting,yes does it do what Hybrid Theory did,no.I figured this is an album that LP got to play with Tweek this change that. Some tracks are great redone,some aren't. Be open minded about this one,and enjoy it.
  28. ChrisB
    Dec 22, 2003
    Hey mat p if you think this cd was crap on a plate you should try your mama
  29. AndyG.
    Jun 13, 2003
    What rap/metal should aspire to be. The album soars over Hybrid Theory in so many ways. Much more creative and varied than the one-dimensional debut, Reanimation shows how incorporating rap with rock can be much more than what most rap/rock acts show. Hardcore rock fans will probably hate this, but then again, what hardcore rock fans listen to Linkin Park? Definately worth a listen.
  30. JeremiahH
    May 14, 2005
    It's remixes give it a thrilling variety to the originals of hybrid thoery. the only thing that bugs me is that they had pointless intermissions that were nontheless a waste of time.
  31. TROGDORTHEBURNINATOR
    May 25, 2006
    it's great. my fave is the with you remix. most of it is better than the original just because of the music. more of an updated version than a remix.
  32. alexf
    Jul 25, 2007
    I love Linkin Park so much! This album just shows how creative they are. I love every song on this album.
  33. Kevin
    Aug 11, 2007
    Their most hip hop driven album. It's a solid remix album that appeals to mostly people who love underground rap and Linkin Park. However, most of the original songs sound better than their remixes.
  34. LukeK
    Nov 26, 2003
    This is a great cd for those who have broad range of music they like, other who are narrowmind groundling's when it comes to their prefence. Linkin Park breaks away alittle from their metal roots to try some interesting things which suprizingly works in some of the tracks... not so well in others.
  35. DME
    Sep 30, 2013
    In short, the album has a range of awesome and disappointing tracks. It's at least worth checking out.
  36. Jan 5, 2011
    This was an amazing Album.. I Loved it.. I usually select some of the songs from this album to play it in my car stereo.. Absolutely Rocks.. Best Band Ever..
  37. Nov 3, 2011
    Not their best album, but deffinitley one to keep on the iPod. Remixing their song was a smart, yet dumb idea. "H! Vltg3" and "Kyur4 th Ich" they should of left original. But on the other hand, "Krwlng" , "Pts.of.Athrty" and "By_Myslf" are better remixed than original in my opinon.
  38. Apr 11, 2012
    It's the atmosphere across the whole of this remix album which gives it such an interesting listen, Mike Shinoda was very involved with getting the whole album to sound cohesive and dark, with everything from techno anthems to old school hip-hop, it's on overdrive melodically with all aspiring talent onboard.
  39. Jun 27, 2012
    Great album!! because this isnt just a bunch of remixes, it features entirely reinterpreted songs, arrangements, sectionst, and a more industrial,hip hop aproach.
  40. Jan 24, 2013
    Better than what people are saying in my opinion. I like Reanimation BETTER than Hybrid Theory, as a whole, and think this was their best blending of styles, even still.
  41. Aug 17, 2013
    Reanimation. It's been a fair few years since I'd last heard this album and Hybrid Theory. As a result, this past week I've been listening to these two albums. And I can honestly say after a couple of listens to Reanimation, it's their best album they've released. And it isn't even a real studio album. Reanimation takes Hybrid Theory's Nu Metal sound, and infuses it with more Rap sounds.Reanimation. It's been a fair few years since I'd last heard this album and Hybrid Theory. As a result, this past week I've been listening to these two albums. And I can honestly say after a couple of listens to Reanimation, it's their best album they've released. And it isn't even a real studio album. Reanimation takes Hybrid Theory's Nu Metal sound, and infuses it with more Rap sounds. This is why the album had a lot of DJ's many people hadn't heard of working on the album to gain them exposure and put a fresh new sound on the songs.

Don't be worried though if you haven't heard the album before but are a fan of Hybrid Theory, your heavy rock and Chester vocals still remain, with the powerful riffs we knew getting a bit of the cyber treatment, especially in the Points of Authority remix. The album is terrific, and as an added bonus it's a remix of the Japanese version of Hybrid Theory so you also get High Voltage and My December remixes which both sound pretty good.

Nu Metal fans can rejoice in this album, it was a breath of fresh air when it came out, and still is today. Rap and Rock lovers can unite in this, and even if you are not the biggest Rap fan, you can't help but remember the catchy lyrics added and sing along to them. Not many albums have the ability to do that, so take this as an added bonus. I absolutely recommend this album to any Linkin Park fan and any fan of Rap and Rock in general. One thing I will say is Cure For The Itch should have been left alone, but apart from that, it's fantastic.

I give it a 10/10 for being so different to the Nu Metal genre. Worth a few listens minimum.
  42. Dec 23, 2013
    This album is awesome, much better than the sh*tty Recharged, that's awful. This album has awesome remixes, except for In The End, which still isn't too bad. Krwling, My Dsmbr, Place for My Head, they are all amazing, Points of Authority, the list goes on. And yes, the 15 second snippets are annoying, but that doesn't take away from the awesomeness and mystique of the album and it'sThis album is awesome, much better than the sh*tty Recharged, that's awful. This album has awesome remixes, except for In The End, which still isn't too bad. Krwling, My Dsmbr, Place for My Head, they are all amazing, Points of Authority, the list goes on. And yes, the 15 second snippets are annoying, but that doesn't take away from the awesomeness and mystique of the album and it's mesmerizing sound. Awesome, 8/10 Expand
  43. Aug 1, 2014
    Opening/Pts.Of.Athrty (9) I just really like this song because it is against whole rat race ideology that is associated with growing up. The chorus is great and the Reanimation album is really a great mix of all of Linkin Park's best tracks. The people who like to give me hard time should have listened to this song a little more.

Enth E Nd (8.5) I really like the original version of

Enth E Nd (8.5) I really like the original version of this song better than this one but that is just my opinion. I think it was smart that Linkin Park did this album though to attract people from the Hip Hop scene to their music. The DJ'ing is good as well. Linkin Park needs to get Hybrid Theory up.

[Chali]/FRGT/10 (9) This is where the album really picks up I think and the remixes really get awesome. The use of filters on the voices I think is interesting and gives the piece a good sound. The rap elements are what really made me like this song. Rap is more than just music, it is a motivational message to people understand the urban culture.

P5hng Me A*wy (9.25) This song does a great job at using builds effectively and the chorus is my favorite part. I know that I've said that alot recently but whatever. This was the song that wrapped up Hybrid Theory I believe and that album will always be carried with me because I remember listening to it in middle school. It's really interesting I think that Linkin Park changed their sound as their listeners grew into adults. #AngryTeenagers

Plc.4 Mie (9.25) I really like how the tempo picks up in this track and the harmonic NuMetal elements in this song really give it a really good sound. It does a great job of incorporating rap and rock and that is what Linkin Park is known for to people who listen to alot of music. The best part is in the middle end of the piece when they incorporate Piano and screamo elements.

X-Ecutioner Style (8) This piece shows off the DJ'ing ability of Linkin Park and it's fine but nothing really sticks out of me. It is a bunch of interesting sounds with aggressive rap lyrics with no real inspirational message.

H! Vltg3 (8.5) This track is very rap heavy and it fine. But like Enth E Nd, I like the original version better because of the type of rap that is being laid down. Yes it shows good rhyming skill but sometimes I just look at it as jibberish.

[Riff Raff]/Wth.You (9.25) This is one of my favorite songs on the album. The heavy guitar is very melodic and is a great track to workout to I think. I think this track does a great job of giving Chester and Shinoda an equal vocal time frame. Like I've stated in previous Linkin Park reviews, I think that is why Linkin Park is always going to be successful, because of how they blend different types of music together (ie. NuMetal). When they have the guest rapper come on the track, the song really picks up when the heavy guitars kick back in. The Piano in the fade is good also.

NtrMssion/Ppr:Kut (9) With the original Papercut being one of my favorite tracks by Linkin Park, this version is great as well. The rap elements in the track are good as well. When the tune and lyrics change and the guitars kick back in, I think it makes the song better and allows me to give it a solid 9.

Rnw@y (9) This song is a really good rendition of the original, and I actually like this remix as much as the original because of how Linkin Park made the sounds more complex and unique. I do think the guest rapper does kind of ruin the track just a tad because he didn't do nuttin I fank.

My.Dsmbr (9.25) This is one of my favorite ballads by Linkin Park because of how I can really identify with it. I like how the remix speeds up the beat up and gives it a brand new sound for any Linkin Park fan. I do like the original better though because that song was playing when my mp3 player died on crazy brain lane.

[Stef]/By_Myslf (9.25) I think the heavy guitar in the beginning of the song is really good and the song does carry a good message that I can really relate to varying degrees. The chorus is good as well and while the tempo is the same as the original, I like this version better because of the middle end part of the song.

Kyur4 Th Ich (8.5) This song has some of the cool instrumentals I think because it is a sound that really is unique. The record scratching is good as well and is a good song that could be labeled as an intro to another track but it's not.

1stp Klosr (9.5) I think this remix of Linkin Park's debut hit is done perfectly because of how they incorporate the builds within the piece and how Korn's Jonathon Davis jumps on the track as well. Let's just say I don't play this when I drive for a reason. While the original is good, the lyrics are funny to me as I've gotten older because of how they stereotype angry teenagers. In a nutshell, this track go hard. #GoBlue

Krwlng (9) I like this song but it's depressing and I'm running out of characters. The instrumentals are what kept the score high. The chorus is really good and the tempo and violin ends the album well.
  44. Mar 16, 2014
    Reanimation is effectively a mix album of songs from, I believe, Hybrid Theory. Whilst that concept seems, in principle, like this may just be electronic and mixed up garbage, it is far from it; each song manages to keep the raw aspects intact whilst giving them a slightly jittery, electronic feel, sending the songs almost beyond formal recognition, and landing them as something new, freshReanimation is effectively a mix album of songs from, I believe, Hybrid Theory. Whilst that concept seems, in principle, like this may just be electronic and mixed up garbage, it is far from it; each song manages to keep the raw aspects intact whilst giving them a slightly jittery, electronic feel, sending the songs almost beyond formal recognition, and landing them as something new, fresh and unique. Great album, but that sense of "we've been here before" creeps in, and it is not to be forgotten that these songs already existed, making the album kind of feel slightly cheap overall. However, if you are a Linkin Park / Hybrid Theory fan, give it a go; it will not disappoint. Expand

1. On the one hand, the results are more varied than the monochromatic ''Hybrid Theory.'' On the other hand, the remixes at times obliterate one of the band's most distinctive characteristics -- the vocal interplay between singer Chester Bennington and MC Mike Shinoda, a blend that allows their pop tendencies to poke through from time to time.
  2. The dominant sound is of flickering sequencers and heavy-handed synth-pomp which showcases Linkin Park's keen interest in the work of Depeche Mode, but also often leaves them sounding about as cutting-edge and dangerous as Jesus Jones.
  3. The music isn't exactly groundbreaking, and none of the remixes improve on the Hybrid Theory originals, but the boyish energy of Reanimation has its own appeal, and it's not too far emotionally from the tried-so-hard spirit of "In the End."